Author Topic: Rare low level items for leveling  (Read 9681 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xinerubts

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Rare low level items for leveling
« on: 24 October 2019, 13:27:32 »
Hi everyone :)

I'm pretty new to this game, so maybe this question looks silly, but still. I save every epic/legend items in TQvault (at least one copy) for next characters, but which rare items should I save? I decided to collect of thunder suffix items for leveling dream for example. What else? Thanks :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lanceor

• This space for rent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +11
Re: Rare low level items for leveling
« Reply #1 on: 25 October 2019, 00:39:50 »
Welcome to TQ! It's nice to see that this 13 year old game is still attracting new players. :)

There's so many green items that it's not possible to collect them all. If you have an idea of what your next build is then you can narrow it down - collecting Thunder suffix items for your next Dream character for example.

That said, generic low-level stuff that I usually hoard:

- Items with +skills
- Items with Chance to Avoid Projectiles (IMO the most important defense for XMAX)
- Low requirement items with +X.X Health Regeneration per second (very useful at low levels)
- Items with attack speed/cast speed (easiest way to increase DPS)
- A few rings and amulets that boost STR, INT and/or DEX (good for equipping gear)

When you get to higher levels, you'll need to shore up any resistance gaps in your gear (especially vitality and poison). So for this I have on hand items that give massive boosts to a single resistance, or a moderate boost to multiple resistances.

Hope that helps.
Trying to build immortal/OP/imba characters since 2007!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xinerubts

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2019, 10:28:16 »
Thanks for you reply :)

Do CTAP items really helps early levels? And maybe there are some must have epic/legendary items for low levels? Let's say under 30.

P.S I played some TQ in distant 2007, but I was child and usually just had somefun using shopMI broken items playing chuck :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lanceor

• This space for rent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 25 October 2019, 13:54:35 »
Ah, I miss ShopMI. Hopefully a modder will update it soon. At least Itemus is still working. :)

I view CTAP as resistance against projectiles, so having 80% resistance to all ranged attacks (and most AoE) is pretty useful. It's not needed in acts 1 and 2 of normal, but archers/staff users come out in force from Act 3 onwards (on XMAX at least).  If you're playing a Hunter or Dream character, it's worth capping CTAP before you get to Act 3 (assuming you're twinking).

One item I forgot to mention is Stonebinders Cuffs - they are worth farming for in each difficulty. Dig around and there's a guide showing how to farm the Minoan Labyrinth for them.

No Epics/Legendaries come to mind as universally useful for leveling unfortunately.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #4 on: 26 October 2019, 08:51:05 »
Mino Lab is easy to farm for SBC's.  Just stop at the last rebirth fountain, exit the game to restart there then run back through the previous 3-4 rooms, rinse and repeat. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xinerubts

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 26 October 2019, 20:30:47 »
Might be offtopic, just dont want to open another trade.

As far as I know, white damage color (above enemy) shows phys damage and purple shows elemental damage.

New character. Level 4. Just random mace + shield equiped. Rune mastery. Thunder strike level 1. Deal 2-20 lighting damage. But when I use this skill it mostly deal phys damage (white color) and sometimes I see purple numbers (elem damage). Could you clarify this to me? How exactly this works? Do I deal phys or elem damage? Or both?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lanceor

• This space for rent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 28 October 2019, 22:46:07 »
Thunder Strike should do mostly weapon damage with some lightning damage on top. That's probably why you're seeing mainly white numbers.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xinerubts

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 30 October 2019, 12:07:10 »
Thanks. Some more questions if you dont mind.

Does weapon base damage (Hector's spear 187-207 for example) affects spells? For example. I'm playing summoner and Erruption is my main spell to deal with hordes. It deals 98 phys damage at lvl 12. I know that spell damage is modified by all global modificators. Every 65 str gives +10% phys and +% phys damage / +% total damage ofcourse. But I'm not sure about weapon. I can assume that answer is no, but not sure.

There are my two different weapons on the screenshot. https://imgur.com/a/kzik2n9

1. Green one (equipped) has low base damage 19-24, but +39+% phys mod include relic bonus.
2. Blue (in inventory) has way more base damage and gives me about +170 average damage and DPS. I'll have much more LMB Auto attack if I use this one. But what about erruption? Same for Thuder Strike. You said "Thuder strike should do mostly weapon base damage". Does it mean that I'm wrong and weapon base damage affects spell?

so, TL;DR - Which one will deal more damage with erruption? Thanks.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lanceor

• This space for rent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 31 October 2019, 12:33:08 »
If a skill has "weapon" in its description, then it would be treated as a weapon attack. It will use your weapon's base damage and receive all the bonuses listed on your weapon.

Example: If you were using the Quicksilver Bludgeon, then 20.0% chance of +208% Physical Damage, 7.0% Chance of +163% Fire Damage and 10 - 18 Fire Damage would all apply to your Thunder Strike.

If the skill does not have weapon in its description, then weapon base damage is irrelevant. The only weapon modifiers that would affect the skill are global ones e.g. +xx% Physical Damage.

In your case, your Veteran's Crescent Blade of Destruction has several +xx% Physical Damage modifiers that would affect Eruption's damage. However, the 4 bonus damage would not apply. Neither would any of the bonuses on the Quicksilver Bludgeon.

HTH

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 31 October 2019, 19:49:25 »
the 20% chance of 208% physical damage would apply to eruption.. even the 7% chance of 163% chance of fire damage.. your eruption will have damage spikes.. i used to test this before with dagger of basbona
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 31 October 2019, 21:10:14 »
this is completely irrelevant to your topic but i didn't want to start another thread just for this

i see your character is a summoner.. while playing sauruz's mod, i remembered an old trick for characters with pets.. you can take back some of your skill points using the mystic, and put them all on your pets.. then summon the pets so they'll be at high level.. next, take back those points and put them back on your other skills like eruption, EE or something.. that way your pets stay at high level so long as they don't die, and you have many points on your other skills as well.. also, make sure to heal them often so they stay at high level

if it's not obvious, this costs a lot of money if you do it often.. and it's only applicable to permanent pets, not pets that die on timer like ancestral warriors and outsider
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #11 on: 31 October 2019, 21:50:38 »
Yeah, not sure Nordic haven't changed that, but it was an exploit though I never used it.  Only realised it was a "thing" when Crate did make it impossible to do in Grim Dawn.  :-[

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 31 October 2019, 22:35:09 »
they still haven't changed it apparently.. i just recently tried it in titanomachy
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal