Author Topic: Weird sound in Ragnarok  (Read 3361 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Badon444

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
Weird sound in Ragnarok
« on: 27 June 2019, 23:54:53 »
Did anyone else notice how weird some of the sound effects in Ragnarok sound? Specifically some of the Bandit and Dvergr sounds. It's like instead of originating from the monsters, they play like directly into you, if you get my meaning? They are too loud and don't seem to have any direction that they are coming from. Could this be fixed somehow, save for just deleting the sounds?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Weird sound in Ragnarok
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2019, 00:58:51 »
yhea i know what you saying, bandits/trolls and Dverger monster sounds are mess up , they are to loud with minimus cooldown. The only way to correct this is open their files and reduce their volume and how often they use it.

You can send a request to the devs with Redime
https://redmine.thqnordic.com/projects/titan-quest-atlantis-community/issues/new
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2019, 07:10:18 »
I've been on about the bad sound balance in the game's expansions for a while now.  Most of the sounds are not even needed and many seem to come from nowhere and for no good reason.  Volume is also very mixed.  I've more or less given up playing my Dragon Hunter because if I have the game volume where I normally have it I then get blasted out of my chair by Thunder Strike.  I get that the devs want it to sound like thunder, but it really doesn't need to be that far out of whack with the rest of the sounds in the game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Badon444

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2019, 10:50:25 »
The only way to correct this is open their files and reduce their volume and how often they use it.
Maybe I will give it a shot. Does this involve editing the .tex files of the said creatures, or something else? Can you tell me what editor should I look into for doing this?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Billy_pilgrim

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2019, 11:17:28 »
I've been on about the bad sound balance in the game's expansions for a while now.  Most of the sounds are not even needed and many seem to come from nowhere and for no good reason.  Volume is also very mixed.  I've more or less given up playing my Dragon Hunter because if I have the game volume where I normally have it I then get blasted out of my chair by Thunder Strike.  I get that the devs want it to sound like thunder, but it really doesn't need to be that far out of whack with the rest of the sounds in the game.

yep, but I think thunderstrike isn't good for dragon hunter anyway :p Unless you get cast speed somewhere, it slows you down better just keep on machine gunning with dual throwing weapons. Unless you were building a bow using dragon hunter, in which case, R.I.P. ear drums.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2019, 11:31:11 »
Yes, it's a bow user, never take anything else for my Hunting toons.  Thunder Strike is on the RMB so not too bad, but even so it could really do with being tuned down a lot.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #6 on: 28 June 2019, 14:19:23 »
The only way to correct this is open their files and reduce their volume and how often they use it.
Maybe I will give it a shot. Does this involve editing the .tex files of the said creatures, or something else? Can you tell me what editor should I look into for doing this?

.tex are texture files, so it should be unrelated with what you want to achieve.

By memory, you need to open the creature's .dbr (a troll, for example) and visit the tab "Sound Parameters"(?). Here there should be parameters you may want to edit, like chance of making a sound.

You can also check the soundpaks referenced in the creature file and edit the volume here.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal