Author Topic: Soulvizier AERA - Masteries and skills  (Read 45589 times)

Offline InkyCricket

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Soulvizier masteries after Atlantis
« Reply #15 on: 02 June 2019, 01:29:53 »
Heads up about lightning dash:

It doesn't proc things like defense's shield bash attacks or runeword explode and stuff.

Just recently, a 0.7 second cooldown was added to it.

I don't know why this was added, but I would venture a guess that it was to allow the player to dash around and do a little extra damage every few hits, like how calculated strike is, and still allow weapon procs like shield bashes or runeword explode to work on the other attacks while dash is cooling down? It's just my guess.

The 0.7 second cooldown will likely throw a wrench into your weapon damage conversion plan for the skill.

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #16 on: 02 June 2019, 01:36:17 »
btw, i can't remember how it is in SV because i haven't played it in 6/7 yrs.. but the ultimate skills in TQIT that really should be called ultimate, don't hesitate to move them to tier lvl 40.. like colossus form, eye of the storm, volley, outsider, etc.. nature had this big bad summon iirc

just let me play it already, ok? lolz :]
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #17 on: 02 June 2019, 02:17:13 »
btw, i can't remember how it is in SV because i haven't played it in 6/7 yrs.. but the ultimate skills in TQIT that really should be called ultimate, don't hesitate to move them to tier lvl 40.. like colossus form, eye of the storm, volley, outsider, etc.. nature had this big bad summon iirc

just let me play it already, ok? lolz :]
I haven't put every skill on the previous page, but everything you said is on the 40 tier already, and I have no plans on changing that. New skills of Atlantis however, will be added in lower tiers (if they are added).
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 02 June 2019, 02:44:33 »
Heads up about lightning dash:

It doesn't proc things like defense's shield bash attacks or runeword explode and stuff.

Just recently, a 0.7 second cooldown was added to it.
lol the worst new skill addition got even worse?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and here i was thinking of using it with hunting.. but if it doesn't proc volley, that's a total waste

@soa if you're going to add this, the procs should work.. and ignore this 0.7 cooldown.. any skill that has "assign this to your left mouse button" in the description shouldn't have a cooldown

i take back my word now
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=952.msg11372#msg11372
« Last Edit: 03 June 2019, 06:12:54 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 02 June 2019, 10:55:39 »
Rogue/Occult
=> Overall one skill slot is needed. I’m thinking of ditching Shadow Grasp (Breach modifier) and reverting Breach to its Underlord state (in SV, it’s a big hand coming from the ground with AOE damage, in Underlord it was summoning suicidal demons).
A suggestion about Breach - maybe combine it with Shadow Grasp? Instead of a hand, darklings/shadow sprites are springing from the sigil untill the skill is active and seek targets like homing missiles.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 26 January 2020, 22:07:11 »
Here are two new videos about new skills.

1/ Reworked Darklings skill
o   summons several suicidal Darklings at selected target, they rush to the enemies, and explode on contact
o   spawns more Darklings when the skill is leveled up (3-6), with more powerful explosions

2/ Reworked Runic Warrior and Menhir Wall
o   Runic Warrior is now called Runic Golem and is made of Stone to fit more the theme of the branch
o   Base textures and effects of the Golem courtesy of Bumbleguppy’s Legion of Champions mod.
o   The Golems work differently in Soulvizier : they have a “Catalyst” aura skill that grants an Energy bonus in a small radius around them
o   The Menhirs get an elemental bolt skill (similar to those of the Guardian Stones but less powerful and different color), but have not enough mana to cast it
o   The Golem works in conjunction with the Menhir Wall, when the Golem is close to the Wall it allows the Menhirs to release an elemental bolt. So try to place as many Menhirs next to where the Golems will stand and fight.
o   The player may also benefit from the Catalyst aura of the Golem
o   The tooltips of these skills are updated so that players are aware of these mechanics
o   Menhir Wall stones are now considered pets, like Guardian Stones, so they benefit from pet bonuses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgKLB4rsjpA&feature=youtu.be
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 29 January 2020, 01:23:59 »
POSSIBLY VERY IMPORTANT

While working on bugfixes, I discovered that since version 2.8 or something, the devs added new skills slots in all trees to support the "Taunt" skill and the "All pets attack" skill. Now I can make them work in Soulvizier.
More importantly, and that's great news, it seems they added more than 1 slot (I'm wondering why they haven't communicated on this ? or have I missed something ?). I will make some tests to discover the new limit. But I managed to get 26 skills in one tree against the previous 24 unbreakable limit.

New templates are obviously needed for this, but it's a piece of cake.

So, I think I may be able to add some skills to masteries like Phalanx, 2 skill modifiers to Shadowstalker, Freezing Blast to Storm, etc. without having to sacrifice a skill. And maybe have more creative skills, and more options to customize skills. Like make something good of Lightning Dash.
Let's just not rejoice too soon, more tests are needed to confirm this.

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 29 January 2020, 02:02:13 »
Really great news to hear  :))
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 29 January 2020, 22:07:38 »
So, after tests the devs only added 6 slots to support a total of 30 skills + mastery bar.
That's better than nothing, and will allow for more customization.
« Last Edit: 05 February 2020, 23:57:54 by soa »

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 30 January 2020, 03:37:29 »
That is good news indeed. I think 30 skills will satisfy the regular modder. Now if they add more slots for custom animations...

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Soulvizier AERA - Masteries and skills
« Reply #25 on: 05 February 2020, 22:37:24 »
Updated all masteries panel view for version 1.3.
Will update masteries description from time to time.

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 11 February 2020, 21:21:34 »
In Arachne Soul, it's stated:
+Sword Mastery

I must be blind or something, but I can't find Sword Master at neither Warfare or Defense.
Or does it mean: Axe (maybe axe and sword is/should be in same category)?

All characters start with every weapon mastery at level 1, that gives +0% bonus damage (for technical reasons, it’s not possible to make the the weapon masteries start at level 0, that’s why you see the weapon mastery in yellow even if you don’t have the appropriate weapon type equipped).

Bonuses are as follows :

Axe Mastery
+0-100% Physical damage (+5%/level)
+0-20% Pierce damage (+1%/level)
+0-40% Total damage (+2%/level)

For instance, if you have +3 to Axe Mastery, it means you have +15% Physical damage, +3% Pierce damage, +6% Total damage when wearing an Axe.
This is cumulative, so having an item with +4 and another with +2 would give you +6 (level 7) in Axe Mastery (hence +30% Phys, +6% Pierce, +12% Total)

Blunt Mastery (maces, clubs)
+0-120% Physical damage (+6%/level)

Bow Mastery
+0-60% Physical damage (+3%/level)
+0-60% Pierce damage (+3%/level)

Spear Mastery
+0-60% Physical damage (+3%/level)
+0-60% Pierce damage (+3%/level)

Staff Mastery
+0-80% Total damage (+4%/level)

Sword Mastery
+0-80% Physical damage (+4%/level)
+0-40% Pierce damage (+2%/level)

Throwing Mastery (also works with wands or any one hand ranged weapon, might as well change the name)
+0-80% Physical damage (+4%/level)
+0-40% Pierce damage (+2%/level)

I think further question is more fit in this topic.

1. The weapon master skills, are actually hidden skills (something you can't actively press to increase), can only be found in items?
If possible: Maybe clarify something like:
+4 Sword Mastery (hidden skill)?

2. 0-XX where XX is the max bonus at sMax for the skill?

3. Is weapon X mastery affected by + to all skills?

4. If yes to 3, then the +X skill to specific mastery, loses some of it's power?

5. Is there a X mastery for a shield? =) hihi (Conq. for the win; defender damages with shield, so it's a legit/valid question)

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: 11 February 2020, 21:54:50 »
1. Is there a full list of what Bosses are immune to?

2. As act/quest bosses and hero bosses are immune to certain conditions.
Is it possible to add damage X only to Y monster class (in this case bosses)?

Are the skills in all masteries (and same goes for items) balanced towards empowerment of bosses?

If we take the skill:
Pulverize (Defense mastery)
This skill have skill disruption, and will not work vs the bosses.
Now I don't know if this is the same for reduction to Offensive/defensive/armor ability.

The skill loses some of it's power (vs bosses), but is not compensated with something else.

3. For defense mastery:
Maybe Hack and Cleave should work for sword/spear as well?

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: 11 February 2020, 23:06:57 »
I think further question is more fit in this topic.
1. The weapon master skills, are actually hidden skills (something you can't actively press to increase), can only be found in items?
If possible: Maybe clarify something like:
+4 Sword Mastery (hidden skill)?
I think it would raise more questions than it would give answers.

2. 0-XX where XX is the max bonus at sMax for the skill?
Yes, there are 21 levels.

3. Is weapon X mastery affected by + to all skills?
4. If yes to 3, then the +X skill to specific mastery, loses some of it's power?
I think so (not tested), I recall reading somewhere +X to all skills affects all skill trees, even hidden ones. I don't know how to change that.
+X to a specific mastery doesn't loses its power. It's just that +X to all skills has more.

5. Is there a X mastery for a shield? =) hihi (Conq. for the win; defender damages with shield, so it's a legit/valid question)
No, there is not. It can be created though, but I can't make it to improve only shield damage, it would be all damage as long as you wear a shield.

>1000% Freeze resistance
>1000% Fear resistance
>1000% Mind Control resistance
>1000% Skill Disruption resistance
>1000% Confusion resistance
>1000% Petrify resistance
>1000% Sleep resistance
>1000% Stun resistance
>1000% Slow resistance
>1000% Entrapment resistance
105/120/135% Taunt resistance
The rest is under 100%. There is no resistance or immunity to OA/DA/armor reduction.

2. As act/quest bosses and hero bosses are immune to certain conditions.
Is it possible to add damage X only to Y monster class (in this case bosses)?
No.

Are the skills in all masteries (and same goes for items) balanced towards empowerment of bosses?
If we take the skill:
Pulverize (Defense mastery)
This skill have skill disruption, and will not work vs the bosses.
Now I don't know if this is the same for reduction to Offensive/defensive/armor ability.
The skill loses some of it's power (vs bosses), but is not compensated with something else.
There is no reason to "compensate" for anything. A skill doesn't have to be good against everything (quite the opposite actually).
It's part of the game balance that some skills are good versus bosses, and some are not.

3. For defense mastery:
Maybe Hack and Cleave should work for sword/spear as well?
No. This wasn't my choice when these skiills were added, but it surely is made on purpose.
Swords already have too much of an advantage over axes and clubs, because of the flat damage bonuses granted by skills or items. They are not proportional to weapon damage.
Spears are already very good weapons, and having Hunting paired with Defense would make it even more overpowered.

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: 12 February 2020, 15:34:04 »

>1000% Freeze resistance
>1000% Fear resistance
>1000% Mind Control resistance
>1000% Skill Disruption resistance
>1000% Confusion resistance
>1000% Petrify resistance
>1000% Sleep resistance
>1000% Stun resistance
>1000% Slow resistance
>1000% Entrapment resistance
105/120/135% Taunt resistance
The rest is under 100%. There is no resistance or immunity to OA/DA/armor reduction.

Reduced health, are they immune to that as well?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal