Author Topic: Dreamkiller: Psionic beam + Traps build (Atlantis)  (Read 13720 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Dreamkiller: Psionic beam + Traps build (Atlantis)
« on: 14 June 2019, 00:00:43 »

Just another build sharing. Plus a few notes on Atlantis hidden in spoilers. (i might get killed :D  )

(i just posted this under dreamAE because dreamAE is still empty. but this is as much rogue as it is dream)

First of all, this wasn't the supposed build for this character. This was an experimental build, a converted to elemental build without using rune mastery.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Although i was at least able to make it viable, it was so squishy i didn't want to play it anymore. I just called it experiment gone wrong.  :D

Now it just came to my mind that using the new skills of dream and rogue, i can take a different route and make this character a little better. I haven't finished this character yet but i decided to write this now because i don't know if i will continue playing this. But I'm pretty sure this will at least be viable in act 5 legendary. Btw, why does dream have to get some of the best new skills?

At first look, the good synergy to be found is psionic beam enhanced with envenom weapon. But i find that if you equip 2 allfather's rings, traps are still better. And it will get stronger with maxed mastermind.

While i was testing this, i find myself choosing between 80% CDR or 1k DA. Ultimately, I chose 80% CDR. +4 to all skills and cast speed is a must for this build. I chose 80% CDR largely because of distort reality and PGB. No, seriously, it's like PGB suddenly became a good debuff + CC skill. At ultimate max poison mayhem, PGB has 30% chance of impaired aim, which is very good against archers. It also has 60% chance of 2 seconds of fear. The fear only lasts 2 seconds and they get slowed which means mobs don't get very far so you don't have to follow them. While they are running away slowed, they are being hit by traps. I literally cast this against every mob. This and distort reality with 80% CDR makes you king of CCs. I have distort at 1/max and PGB at 1/1/max.

Don't mind that low DPS based on the pic. The kill speed is fine. A staff with maxed psionic beam is so much better now. Traps with 2 allfather's rings and maxed mastermind are really good. Plus you have your doppelganger which becomes permanent with +4 to all skills and 80% CDR.

skills:
Spoiler for Hiden:

I don't know if i put some points on str but you don't need it for this build. Like i said, this was meant to be a converted to elemental build. At one point, I thought of equipping blessing of the moirae + rings of the rhine but balked quickly when i realized the short range of thrown weapons just puts me in even more danger. Just too squishy.
Skill point distribution is not really an issue in TQ, it's really the stat point distribution you must be careful of because you can't take them back

I also have a differently built dreamkiller which is almost similar to @Torstein159  's dreamkiller. I don't know if this is less scary to build because this is only a 2 stat build. But honestly, the 3 stat build was easier to gear and I'd still take that for survivability reasons.

Spoiler for Hiden:
At the time of this writing, Atlantis is still a bug fest. I play in other acts and it's fine but when i portal to Atlantis, suddenly the game stutters.

There are giants there that when they die, they remain standing or continue running even if they're dead. This gets confusing and sometimes can lead to deaths

Why do devs love invisible wasps?

"The Letter" quest. I don't know if i just got unlucky and my game got bugged just that 1 time, but nothing happened when i talked to the girl. My quest log says talk to the girl but nothing happens

Bugs like these are the reasons why i haven't finished Atlantis yet after all this time. And no i don't want to submit any more bug reports

I see there are Basilisk beastmen that has a petrify attack. I guess if you have read/watched Basilisk manga/anime, you really could get petrified lolololz :D

Kagerou:  Sa-Saemon Dono. My-my breath.
Yakushiji Tenzen: Oh. Is your breath accelerating? Your sighs are as sweet as flowers.
Kagerou: (This isn't Saemon Dono)
Yakushiji Tenzen: You must allow this!!
Me: Man, i wanna kill Tenzen until he is dead-dead
« Last Edit: 14 June 2019, 00:05:14 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dreamkiller: Psionic beam + Traps build (Atlantis)
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2019, 02:46:11 »
I’m assuming this is taking advantage of the “bug” where the last tier should be for staves only.  I was trying a similar build with staff of the chosen and I hadn’t yet done anything with it (plus, I don’t have all those sweet, sweet end game gears).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2019, 09:40:17 »
Interesting. Seems safe to play with all the CC, and I guess it's also your playstyle. Although the fire/pierce res seem scary ^^;
The damage doesn't seem great at all though from what I'm seeing, is the doppel useful at all? How about flash powder? And have you thought about a different staff, maybe with resistance shred, or Plouton set, for the armor. A hallowed MI helm could be good too, depending if you have any. Alternatively purifying helmet with erebus crystal, which would allow a different staff / boots.

Reminds me, I should update my dreamkiller, despite there not being much change ehh

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2019, 11:27:15 »
the CC is my playstyle but i still would've liked it if i can get 1k DA.. but for this build, it's just too difficult.. honestly i just find 9 item toons more difficult to gear than 10 item toons

the damage isn't that great but it's passable enough

i did try to have more resistance reduction but i couldn't come up with a gear combination that doesn't sacrifice resists or 80% CDR or cast speed.. so i had to settle with 1 monkey kings and the tiny bit chance from archmages clasp

honestly i wanted to equip ploutons but my int plunges and i couldn't equip my staff.. i checked my TQvault and i was surprised i don't have many good staves.. maybe because i just don't like staves.. i don't have a hallowed MI

i don't feel like i need flash powder.. blade barrier, distort, and PGB are good enough.. the doppel is fine if you have a good weapon but it's far from ultimate summons like outsider and ancestral horn
« Last Edit: 14 June 2019, 11:31:37 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #4 on: 14 June 2019, 13:17:19 »
the CC is my playstyle but i still would've liked it if i can get 1k DA.. but for this build, it's just too difficult.. honestly i just find 9 item toons more difficult to gear than 10 item toons

the damage isn't that great but it's passable enough

i did try to have more resistance reduction but i couldn't come up with a gear combination that doesn't sacrifice resists or 80% CDR or cast speed.. so i had to settle with 1 monkey kings and the tiny bit chance from archmages clasp

honestly i wanted to equip ploutons but my int plunges and i couldn't equip my staff.. i checked my TQvault and i was surprised i don't have many good staves.. maybe because i just don't like staves.. i don't have a hallowed MI

i don't feel like i need flash powder.. blade barrier, distort, and PGB are good enough.. the doppel is fine if you have a good weapon but it's far from ultimate summons like outsider and ancestral horn
- Swap to Winds of Asphodel or Sapros + summon Dream Image, then swap back to the main weapon...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2019, 00:03:09 »
- Swap to Winds of Asphodel or Sapros + summon Dream Image, then swap back to the main weapon...
that seemed like a good idea, so i tried it.. but nope.. also i did a little bit more tests in the process

i tried with different weapons because i couldnt equip those 2 because of low str

* the refresh timer of dream image is based on your cooldown at the time you summon it.. my weapon has +1 to all skills and 22% CDR.. so if i switch to a different weapon the cooldown timer of dream image becomes 50+ seconds.. if i switch back to goldbristle, the timer says 28 seconds but the if you look at the cooldown rate, it doesn't change.. meaning it's still 50+ seconds.. it's better to have dream image permamnent.. i couldn't come up with a different gear combination that i can get +4 to all skills, 80% CDR without relying on weapon.. if i force it, my resists go down or i lose my cast speed

* blade barrier can steal life for you but the life steal should not be from a weapon, else it doesn't give you life

* the achaean pass quest in act 4 is now fixed in xmax, or at least when i tried it in x3, i was able to complete it.. but i think it should be doable also in full xmax.. i remember @Tauceti said the 3 sisters is now fixed in xmax, and i was near the achaean pass quest so i tried it.. it seems every quest now is doable in xmax

edit: also, F*** tartarus.. even traps are not allowed
« Last Edit: 15 June 2019, 00:41:11 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2019, 05:05:54 »
that seemed like a good idea, so i tried it.. but nope.. also i did a little bit more tests in the process

i tried with different weapons because i couldnt equip those 2 because of low str

* the refresh timer of dream image is based on your cooldown at the time you summon it.. my weapon has +1 to all skills and 22% CDR.. so if i switch to a different weapon the cooldown timer of dream image becomes 50+ seconds.. if i switch back to goldbristle, the timer says 28 seconds but the if you look at the cooldown rate, it doesn't change.. meaning it's still 50+ seconds.. it's better to have dream image permamnent.. i couldn't come up with a different gear combination that i can get +4 to all skills, 80% CDR without relying on weapon.. if i force it, my resists go down or i lose my cast speed

* blade barrier can steal life for you but the life steal should not be from a weapon, else it doesn't give you life

* the achaean pass quest in act 4 is now fixed in xmax, or at least when i tried it in x3, i was able to complete it.. but i think it should be doable also in full xmax.. i remember @Tauceti said the 3 sisters is now fixed in xmax, and i was near the achaean pass quest so i tried it.. it seems every quest now is doable in xmax

edit: also, F*** tartarus.. even traps are not allowed
- You can equip Winds of Asphodel + any yellow/green/MI shield with "Focus" affix ( which -18%recharge time by default, can be more or less, appear on items with atleast lvl25, so can have small str require)
- Or there is some yellow/Green/MI shield with Rumination affix( -13% recharge by default); Concentration affix( -8%recharge by default); and Ceremonial Buckler shield( Epic shield,require 188 Str, lvl22).
- You can using some gears in pic1 that you post, change boots to SKinwalker and change torso to Tunic of Magic for resistances, and artifact to Talisman of Jade's Emperor => you have 47+25 = -72% recharge; equipped one low str require lvl shield i said above = -80% recharge, and ring with relic +res can be change to any other relic (like relic + flat Life Leech that you want).
 + If it still has not str require to equip Winds of Asphodel, you can add some relic that +str into shield => solve.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2019, 06:23:13 »
i don't have demonskin walkers.. and i don't think i have a low quality green shield with recharge.. i have ceremonial buckler but it doesn't have any bonus to str.. and like i said if i take out cestus, i can't equip my staff

it's ok though.. i don't feel like playing this.. if i am to continue playing, it will have to be a much weirder build.. or if the devs fix the bugs and stutters
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 15 June 2019, 07:22:21 »
Find any ring + for pet with affix +flat int => solve.
Less health, but more res.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 15 June 2019, 09:02:36 »
actually, i could do it with just winds of asphodel +rings of the rhine.. bit less CDR but it's ok

but i watched my vid again and i think the kill speed is fine.. do you guys really think the kill speed is slow? maybe it just looks slow because mobs spend their time running confused.. but that's part of the build
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 15 June 2019, 09:24:26 »
but i watched my vid again and i think the kill speed is fine.. do you guys really think the kill speed is slow? maybe it just looks slow because mobs spend their time running confused.. but that's part of the build
I am heavily biased when it comes to 'speed', so don't take it too seriously haha
And after all, the most important part is your fun meter and satisfaction with the build :>

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 15 June 2019, 09:30:57 »
i see.. i am heavily biased towards survivability.. so this is not one of my best builds.. and like i said i don't like staves so this is not one of my favorite builds in terms of fun either  :)).. i just think more people prefer 2 stat builds and i don't have many of those  ;D

edit: except for those i have shared already or other people have shared already
« Last Edit: 15 June 2019, 09:42:07 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #12 on: 16 June 2019, 23:50:12 »

yep i confirm the achean pass quest is fixed in Xmax. The Sphinx quest in act II is still bugged though.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 17 June 2019, 02:10:23 »

yep i confirm the achean pass quest is fixed in Xmax. The Sphinx quest in act II is still bugged though.
the kirmiziperfect version of xmax, before Atlantis, the sphinx quest is fixed there.. i don't know if it got unfixed again
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal