Author Topic: [MOD] Epic and Legendary Drop Sounds  (Read 10080 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -1
[MOD] Epic and Legendary Drop Sounds
« on: 29 June 2019, 19:38:31 »
Titan Quest's game physics doesn't always show items as soon as they drop. With this mod you'll ALWAYS know when a Blue or Purple has dropped.

- IMMEDIATELY makes a loud "Gong" when Blue and Purples drop, even before the text box appears
- Monster Infrequents have a less pronounced gong sound
- Monster Infrequents affixes now visible
- MI's are sold at in Athens, Jade Palace, Valley of Kings, Medea's Grove, Jotunheimr, and Tartarus. Merchants that share these loottables will also sell MI's
- Added visual effect to make blue and purps easier to spot
- Items with "+ to skill" affixes are all now at least green
- Shrine activation area increased dramatically (about 20 times normal) and duration increased to 2 minutes for all shrine buffs (double for most). Useful for summoners and multiplayer
- "No Pets Allowed" deactivated in Tartarus (untested)
- Changed multiple affix tables that were applying affixes from easier difficulties (mainly Coral Guardian MI's)
- Increased camera zoom (but not too much)
- Decreased max camera pitch (so the camera isn't directly on top of your character)
- Potion stacks increased to 200
- Scroll stacks increased to 100
- Doubled shrine range yet again. Hopefully its big enough this time
- Batrachos greaves have had their defensive ability reverted back to its pre-AE version and is now actually worth getting
- Multiple other minor changes and tweaks

Download - Updated 18 July 2019

Link to Steam Workshop

Merging this mod with your base game
Spoiler for Hiden:
Make backups of everything!!!

1. Navigate to where this mod is installed. Mine is installed here: C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\475150\1783348088\DropSounds

2. Copy the "DropSounds" folder to your TQIT working folder. Mine is here: C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne\Working\CustomMaps

ArtManager has to be setup correctly for this to work. you can find a guide here: https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=935.0

Also, I recommend downloading artmanager 1.6 here: https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=350.0

You should also download the Grim Dawn Archive tool at the above link. Create a folder in your TQ/AE folder to put these files into. Mine is here: C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Titan Quest Anniversary Edition\GDArchiveToolGUI_v1.0

Within this folder create 2 new folders named objecteffects and items. Within the objecteffects folder create another folder named itemeffects.

3. Open the dropsounds mod in artmanager and build. This will create the directory you need.

4. Navigate to your TQ/AE database folder and copy the database.arz file (make a backup!)

5. Paste the database.arz file in the newly created database directory. Mine is here: C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne\custommaps\dropsounds\database

6. Delete the DropSounds.arz file and name the newly pasted file DropSounds.arz

7. Go back to artmanager and open the mod again and build. When it asks if you want to delete unassociated resources click "no to all". Then copy the the database file it created DropSounds.arz (it should be about the size of your original database file ~53MB) back into your TQ/AE database folder and rename it database.arz.

Now we have to add the effects and sounds to the game.

8. Remember when I told you to copy the DropSounds folder in step 1? You need the Sounds.arc and Effects.arc files from the resources directory. Copy them and put them in your GDArchivetool directory (or somewhere equally convenient).

9. Open the Archive tool and drag and drop the sounds.arc file you just copied into the archive tool window (using the toolbar to find a file seems to not work for me). There should be 2 mp3's listed. Highlight both files and drag and drop them into your GDArchivetool directory. Those files should now be in your items directory.

10. Now do the same thing with the Effects.arc file. Those files should now be in the objecteffects/itemeffects folder.

Now it's time to combine those files into the game's original Effects.arc and Sounds.arc files.

11. Navigate to your game's resources directory and drag and drop the Effects.arc file (about 32MB) into the GDArchivetool window (make a backup first!). Find the objecteffects\itemeffects\itemsparkle_blue.pfx and objecteffects\itemeffects\itemsparkle_purple.pfx files within that archive and delete them.

12. Right click anywhere in the Archivetool window and select Add>Folder. Navigate to the objecteffects folder and click ok. Important: only navigate to the objecteffects folder. If you select the itemeffects folder or the files within, the folder structure will get messed up in the Effects.arc file and you'll have to redo it. Now save the file.

13. Do the same thing you just did with the Effects.arc file except now do it with the Sounds.arc file in your Audio directory (not the one in the Resources directory!) except the mp3's you are adding don't exist in the Sounds.arc file so you don't need to delete anything. The file should be about 278MB.

Make sure you make backups of everything!!! I can't stress this enough. When you start messing with the game files it gets very confusing as to which files contain what. I recommend adopting an organized way of naming your backup files so you don't forget which ones are the original game files and which ones contain modded files.

If anyone has ideas for changes/improvements I'll see what I can do.

Future plans:

- Remove/edit the gong sound when picking up and dropping items to/from inventory  - Fixed 29 June
- Separate sounds for each rarity (30 June: MI's have a less pronounced gong sound)
- GUI to turn certain sounds on/off meh
- Add MI's to shops 27 July 2019
               - 8 July: Act I Weapons and Armor MI's sold in Athens
               - 10 July: Act II Weapons and Armor MI's sold in Valley of Kings
               - 13 July 2019: Act III Weapons and Armor MI's sold in Jade Palace
               - 14 July 2019: Act IV Weapons and Armor MI's sold at Plains of Judgment Jotunheimr (27 July 2019)
               - 27 July 2019: Act V Weapons and Armor MI's sold at Tartarus
- Increase range of shrines 12 July 2019 Increased range of shrines further and doubled duration (27 July 2019)
- Increase range of multiplayer xp gain not possible without hex editing
- Replace healing shrines with something more awesomer
« Last Edit: 18 August 2019, 22:39:02 by undefind »
My mods and some other mods

https://mega.nz/#F!v5tGhawJ!BeMd_SSWpWZAeG4h3F2YFg

ATTENTION! .arz must be the same name as the name of the mod. i.e. custommaps --> DropSounds + Massbosses + Mis are epic + affixes are common

Database needs to have that long name (or change folder name)

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [MOD] Epic and Legendary Drop Sounds
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2019, 03:21:12 »
- 29 June 2019:
Gong sound now only plays when it hits the ground (As opposed to always)
Added visual effect to Epic and Legendary items while on the ground. Sort of like a pillar of flame. (Still in progress)

ATTENTION! .arz must be the same name as the name of the mod. i.e. custommaps --> DropSounds + Massbosses + Mis are epic + affixes are common

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2019, 04:18:12 »
Used one of the effects for an existing spell and modified it. The effect last about 30 seconds on fast game speed.

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2019, 22:53:01 »
Reworded the description

- Some "+ to skill" affixes were considered magical. Changed to Rare
- Monster Infrequents now have their own drop sound, less pronounced, gong sound

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 04 July 2019, 20:52:38 »
Is anyone still interested in this? I didn't upload the most recent version to mega, but I did combine it with xmax and loot plus on steam.

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #5 on: 05 July 2019, 11:49:54 »
It does sound pretty neat, although I admit I haven't tried it cause I don't play TQ at the moment. I imagine it being quite 'gong-ey' with the LootPlus version  ;D

As a side note, I noticed more and more mods popping up on Steam that are merges with LootPlus (one of them yours), while no one ever asked for my permission.
While I don't really mind (makes it look like my mod is pretty essential, which is nice), I consider it an act of courtesy to do so. In any case, consider this a "permission grante"  ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 05 July 2019, 17:34:40 »
It does sound pretty neat, although I admit I haven't tried it cause I don't play TQ at the moment. I imagine it being quite 'gong-ey' with the LootPlus version  ;D

Oh shoot, I didn't think of that, I'm sorry. I was drunk at the time.
As a side note, I noticed more and more mods popping up on Steam that are merges with LootPlus (one of them yours), while no one ever asked for my permission.
While I don't really mind (makes it look like my mod is pretty essential, which is nice), I consider it an act of courtesy to do so. In any case, consider this a "permission grante"  ;)

Oh shoot, I didn't think of that, I'm sorry. I was drunk at the time.

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 07 July 2019, 05:08:35 »
Affixes now show for MIs

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2019, 01:49:17 »
Athens merchants in all difficulties now somewhat rarely sell Act I Monster Infrequents

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2019, 08:25:40 »
Athens merchants in all difficulties now somewhat rarely sell Act I Monster Infrequents
Hey, that's a nice idea.
Seems like your mod is coming along pretty well, I'll definitely give it a try next time I get TQ fever, although I'll probably butcher it a bit when I integrate it into my (private) master mod  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 09 July 2019, 16:45:23 »

Feel free to use my mod as you please, but be sure to give me credit if you distribute it.

TQ fever is REAL!

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 09 July 2019, 16:46:15 »
- Decreased time visual effect remains after pickup to 10 seconds on fast game speed
- Modified the original post to include instructions on how to merge this mod with your base game

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 11 July 2019, 01:17:48 »
- Added MI armor and weapons to Valley of Kings merchant
- Some MI helmets were dropping in place of the shields. It is now fixed
- The original developers put a suffix table for the embalmed melee/mage MI's but didn't put in a value for how often it occurs. This is fixed and those items can now have suffixes
- There was another minor fix to the tables but I forgot what it was

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 12 July 2019, 21:37:01 »
- DRASTICALLY reduced MI weapon occurrence in shops. However, multiple shops sell MI's so you kinda have a good chance
- Quadrupled the range of shrine effects. Useful for summoners and multiplayer

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 13 July 2019, 00:55:42 »
Nice :)
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal