Author Topic: [MOD] LootPlus - More Loot, Better Stuff  (Read 70223 times)

Rated 2 times
Excellent

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
[MOD] LootPlus - More Loot, Better Stuff
« on: 15 April 2019, 10:25:56 »
« Last Rated on: 17 July 2019, 21:42:26 »
Searching for a mod that somewhat recreated the drop rate enhancements from the old Defiler, I surprisingly came up empty and decided to give modding TQ a try myself.
This is a bounce mod made for v2.8a and the changes affect all acts and difficulties.

Update: Version 1.23 is out and includes the changes to the game in v2.8

Features of this Mod:
- Increased amount of loot from all containers depending on quality (the better the chest, the more loot it has)
- Roughly quadrupled the chance for epic/legendary items from containers (increased chance and amount means it's about 10x more likely to get an epic/legendary item from bosses)
- More loot volume also means more relics and green items (but not that much)
- Roughly doubled the chance to get formulas from containers
- All Bosses have completely new repeat loot tables
- Normalized the weird distribution of unique throwing weapons (nor more Ladon's Maw by the dozen from bone piles)
- Increased chance to get weapons from boss chests/orbs
- Rectified the discrimination of spears (chance was lower than for other weapons, Typhon and Hydra couldn't drop spears at all)
- Most quest-relevant containers have improved loot tables
- Hades' Treasury now actually contains treasure
- Monster infrequents drop more often
- Some infrequents that couldn't drop before now drop correctly (except for the Jackalman Sling and Polyphemus' Tenderizer, because they break the monster's animation)
- Infrequents have a higher chance to have both a pre- and suffix
- Bosses that equip weapons have a higher chance to wield uniques
- Jewelry quest rewards (almost) always have pre- and suffix and a high chance for rare ones
- Most item quest rewards have a higher chance to be uniques
- A few monster charms (mainly in early game) have a higher drop chance
- The Gambler (Atlantis) uses custom improved loot tables
- Tartarus chests and boss orb will yield a lot more gold (enough to buy a gambler orb with 1-2 boss runs)

The distribution of loot (with one single exception) or the items themselves haven't been modified, you just don't have to farm as much for the good stuff.

Download v1.23 (now with a database replacer version!):

Legacy Downloads:
« Last Edit: 29 July 2019, 11:44:41 by Lavendarjosh »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Diego982

• Titan Quest is not just a game, is a Mythology
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: [MOD] LootPlus - More Loot, Better Stuff
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2019, 13:47:29 »
Hello, welcome to the forums :)

It's nice having a mod like that, it was something from the Defiler that I always used and was sorely needed, at least in my view, to improve the loot, just like you stated.

Thank you very much for this mod and I hope you enjoy the community.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2019, 14:36:11 »
Welcome to the forum :)
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2019, 14:27:02 »
Thanks for the welcomes!
I'm pretty much done with the MIs and other stuff, now I just need to make a run through act 4 and 5 for testing.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2019, 11:47:40 »
I'm finally done with testing all the changes I made to the mod, so the new version has been released and the OP updated.
And if you have any (constructive) criticisms, feel free to voice them, I'm always looking for feedback to my work.

I'll try to bring this mod to the Steam Workshop and release a database replacer version later this week, so stay tuned.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Orphion

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #5 on: 01 June 2019, 01:33:23 »
Great Mod, but the 1.21 version with Double Monsters have a bug that contra show ALL the damage and heal qnd miss/hit effect. Only show crit damage. When the mod os active.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 01 June 2019, 12:06:25 »
Great Mod, but the 1.21 version with Double Monsters have a bug that contra show ALL the damage and heal qnd miss/hit effect. Only show crit damage. When the mod os active.
I tested it and see what you mean. I thought the problem was the new v2.6, but updating with the new file didn't change a thing.
The only thing I can think of that causes this is the game purposefully preventing to show all floating infos if there are too many monsters generated for whatever reason. I don't know if there are any other mods that manage to make it work, Xmax seems to have the same problem.

Edit:
Seems that hadn't been the reason either, any changes to the gameengine.dbr produce the same results.
« Last Edit: 01 June 2019, 14:47:11 by Lavendarjosh »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2019, 14:46:52 »
I mentioned this on the steam boards, but what is crazy is I downloaded the XMAX Atlantis mod, saw there were more monsters and the floaties worked, copied the gameengine file over and that one works.  I have no idea how, I looked through all the settings. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 03 June 2019, 23:53:23 »
I mentioned this on the steam boards, but what is crazy is I downloaded the XMAX Atlantis mod, saw there were more monsters and the floaties worked, copied the gameengine file over and that one works.  I have no idea how, I looked through all the settings.
Now that's weird. I've done so little as to change the enchanterRecoveryFactor and that was enough to break it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 11 June 2019, 21:50:01 »
Version 1.22 of this mod is now live, changes include more gold from Tartarus chests and boss orb, as well as better loot from the gambler.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline NotogamerGT

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 11 July 2019, 22:17:13 »
Hello, I am new and in advance I apologize if I am reliving a dead topic, it is the first time I comment.

My compliments and thanks, for having created these Mods, I am really impressed by the skill that some have and also make it available to the people, THANK YOU Lavendarjosh You are great.

Having said that, I have 2 constrective critiques for your Mods,

for the first (Lootplus v1.22 Database Replacer(for v2.7a)) I followed the installation instructions that you left in the text file, and it did not work, when I try to start a game, either in normal or custom game, the game hangs up and closes.

for the second (Lootplus v1.22 non-Workshop Version) I installed it in the "traditional" mode, copying if contained in custommaps, and it worked almost perfect, the increase of monstrus went well, the loot increase went well, the bosses also increased in number, until now everything is perfect, but some monsters have error , they stay suspended without moving and they are immortal, it is not much problem if they are just monsters of the mound, but the thing got bad, so I kept hanging 2 of the gorgon queens, to not be able to kill them I could not advance from that part with the mod active, I thank you for your incredible work, I would not be able to do so much, .. I have zero computer skills, but I leave you these critics so you keep improving, the sky is the limit

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 12 July 2019, 15:18:51 »
@NotogamerGT
Don't worry the topic isn't dead  :D
To address your problems it would be valuable to know which version you're playing on (Steam/GoG) and which game version you are using. The most recent one should be 2.7b.
Regarding monster spawn problems, I added the "quick and dirty" double monsters version by request, but it's not as sophisticated as Xmax. There's an (unofficial) merge of LootPlus and Xmax on the Steam Workshop called "Loot Plus XMAX FTW", maybe that one would work better. If you don't have the game on Steam, you can try contacting the creator if he's willing to release it as a non-Steam version.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 13 July 2019, 01:17:30 »
Welcome to the forum. We are open community, so almost all topics are alive and with followers. Most of them are visitors, but even without posting its very active topic, topic was read 2600 times.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #13 on: 17 July 2019, 21:42:05 »
@Lavendarjosh Thanks you for create this awesome mod!
Can you make other lootplus custom map combine with 6players mod or Massbosses mod? Because there is some items only drop from Heroes monsters, and xmax doesn't increase chance to spawn Heroes much.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 19 July 2019, 11:02:25 »
Can you make other lootplus custom map combine with 6players mod or Massbosses mod? Because there is some items only drop from Heroes monsters, and xmax doesn't increase chance to spawn Heroes much.
I usually don't do merges with other people's mods, but raising hero frequency should be really easy to do yourself. I've written a guide to mod merging some time ago that explains how to set this up here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1746931699
I think that all you'd have to do to add more heroes to this mod is import the gameengine.dbr (records/xpack/game) and under "Proxy Info" edit the ChampionMin and Championmax Modifiers, to 500.000000 for example.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal