Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 229555 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Version 2 Development LOC
« Reply #480 on: 16 December 2018, 20:25:16 »
Went through the map and found every obsidian rock I could (and added a few) and then added an invisible monster near it.

The monster has a 5m attack aura that does offensive %3 current life like deathchill, %3 mana burn and has a 10% chance to confuse, frighten or convert pets.

It cannot be dispelled of course :)

Added +4% run speed reward to Flight of the Messenger quest in act 4 Elysium.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mountainblade

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #481 on: 17 December 2018, 00:08:30 »
This sounds like a great quest reward overhaul. I understand the worry for balancing reasons, (maybe increase resist penalty in epic and legendary by +5/10?) but I hope that this will really make completing secondary quests much more rewarding.

And yeah I was referring to hp regen. I figure .1/.2 flat or 5/10% isn't too much to be OP and its something that every character can benefit from. And it seems like a nice pacifist reward for helping strangers.

So I only suggested passive skills since that was in the game before.. You mentioned having free reign to add skills.... Does that mean active skills could be added as well?!?
Ideas are swirling!

Side note: What is your all time favorite simpsons quote?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #482 on: 17 December 2018, 00:42:20 »
This sounds like a great quest reward overhaul. I understand the worry for balancing reasons, (maybe increase resist penalty in epic and legendary by +5/10?) but I hope that this will really make completing secondary quests much more rewarding.

And yeah I was referring to hp regen. I figure .1/.2 flat or 5/10% isn't too much to be OP and its something that every character can benefit from. And it seems like a nice pacifist reward for helping strangers.

So I only suggested passive skills since that was in the game before.. You mentioned having free reign to add skills.... Does that mean active skills could be added as well?!?
Ideas are swirling!

Yes. Remember the "Rest" command from Munderbunny's Underlord mod? That was a quest skill. You assigned it to your hotbar to use it.

Side note: What is your all time favorite simpsons quote?

So very many, and so many that were my favorite for years until I burned myself out on them. Like the "I didn't do it" line.

So if I were to be honest, I would have to acknowledge that my favorite now isn't as funny as my memory of my enjoyment of past favorites.

As far as the line that made me laugh so hard I remember falling off the couch during the initial showing, that would have to be "munch, munch, munch...OOOooooh! Stomach churning....munch...bowels clenching....no time....must...finish! munch" <ambulance sirens>

Missed the next five minutes of the show after that I remember :D

So many more...."Where's the any key?" and "No time for that now, the computer's starting!" were set in Windows as my boot up sounds.

So many memories.... :)

Do yourself a favor and check out "dankmus" on youtube. Excellent Simpsons music and some are pretty funny.

My favorite is 

My second favorite is PUT IT IN H

EDIT: Oops, forgot to say I created an epic Charon's Oar that has a random +1 to a class, an item skill aura etc. for each difficulty.

That was the easy part.

Spent the next several hours trying to puzzle out how to complete the quest with three different oars.

If you drop the oar you got from normal difficulty in epic in Helos, would the quest trigger? Ugh. Etc., etc.  Hours I tells ya.
« Last Edit: 17 December 2018, 00:56:04 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #483 on: 17 December 2018, 03:13:26 »
Giant Limos quest reward now grants +3%, +5%, +7% life leech resistance
Cornered Lumberjack in normal is the same, in epic and legendary it spawns a Satyr Assassin boss that drops a good boss chest.
Jackalman Mage in Khufu pyramid drops a good hero chest, champion heart and boss relic.
Three Sisters in orient grants 2 attribute points

Updated the Skeleton Raiders and Styx Leader Rescue & Oar quest to grant only +3%, +5%, +7% instead of +5%, +7%, +10%.

Vitality resistance is what you get if you return Charon's oar.

Now the Transmogrified Priest grants +3%, +5%, +7% vitality resistance too.

EDIT:
Wealth of Hades main chest now the same as the Secret Area chest with the addition of a guaranteed unique item. The other chests around it I replaced with the Skeletal Typhon repeat boss chests.

EDIT:
Ereban Crystal charm complete in normal now grants 15% vitality resistance, 8% elemental resistance and 8% increased experience guaranteed. The completion bonus is +1 to two random masteries.
« Last Edit: 17 December 2018, 04:07:01 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mountainblade

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #484 on: 18 December 2018, 04:36:06 »
haha awesome. I figured you would have a lengthy response to that question.
I have always loved the dialated eyeball burns.

this is the only musical simpsons video ive seen

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #485 on: 18 December 2018, 14:33:17 »
Question : can we summon the skellies ( both warriors and archers) without point and click ? since how fragile they are, is kinda hard runing and summon then at same time :D
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #486 on: 18 December 2018, 14:57:45 »
Okay. I liked the petmancer ranged playstyle where I could summon them near an enemy from a distance. But I guess it will be okay.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #487 on: 18 December 2018, 17:21:35 »
Okay. I liked the petmancer ranged playstyle where I could summon them near an enemy from a distance. But I guess it will be okay.

yeah, it make sence , like a defense wall.

Maybe only the archers could be changed ?

edited: thinking about it, i dont want ruin the design philosophy and concept.
« Last Edit: 18 December 2018, 17:58:15 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #488 on: 18 December 2018, 18:02:15 »
yeah, me too.

Did you watch the video I made of the Spirit summoner?

The whole plan was to have a new play style for summoner with this mastery.

Warfare has meatshields that you can spam, so does hunting and nature and earth.

I think I will leave them projectile spawns. I wish the game had the mechanic where a projectile spawn simply spawned wherever your mouse was when you pressed the hotkey, but I like this system for this mastery.

Along with Dream's Myconids, this is a way to summon fragile spammable summons near enemies from a distance. You can get a similar play style by using the F keys to select your pet and then directing them to attack, this is just faster to do than that.

THat's why they have such a short cooldown.

EDIT:

Spent some time today updating the particle effects for vitality projectile/staff.

Instead of the red dot look, I changed them to the Empusa Vitality missle look like Skeleton Archer's soul shot.

While I was at it, I updated the Skeleton Archer soul shot to have increasing look in their projectiles for soul shot every 4 levels, just to make it look cooler.  8)

UPdated teh Druid's sickle quest in Act 5 to grant pierce resist bonus.

The Salt Mine quest gives a vitality resist bonus if AND ONLY IF you resolve the quest with the widow by giving her the ring. If you give the ring to the mine owner, you get the random armor that the widow used to give. So money or resistance, not both.
« Last Edit: 18 December 2018, 18:21:12 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #489 on: 18 December 2018, 18:24:00 »
yes and i changed my mind, now i understand how the skellies works

i just defeat Boar Snatcher Spider right now, i kepted the spider busy by throwing skelling  while i was attacking it from safe distance.

Leave it the way it is, i was a fool, ddint understand how the class worked! :D

btw: i liked  how fast were the satyrs brutes from the video , didnt knew they could run at you :)
« Last Edit: 18 December 2018, 18:27:13 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #490 on: 18 December 2018, 18:30:39 »
I just had an idea.

When a skeleton warrior dies at say, level 8, they get a vision  of death skill on death. Just a little one say like 2 or 3 m radius.

Skeleton archers can get a vitality bomb on death and dreams mushrooms spawn a cloud of confusing spors on death.

Makes their fragility more of an asset.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #491 on: 18 December 2018, 18:35:50 »
that will great improvement for the litle ones

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #492 on: 18 December 2018, 19:27:51 »
Done.
Skeleton Archers detonate doing vitality and physical damage and %current life starting at level 8.
Skeleton Warriors detonate with a 2m radius Vision of Death starting at level 8.

Alpha testers, forgot to tell you.

Totally reworked Nature's Renewal skill.

It is now a timed self buff that adds -%recharge and flat mana regen. So it is now a skill you cast before a battle, then start spamming Meteors.

At max and +10 you get the full cap 80% recharge.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #493 on: 18 December 2018, 20:51:14 »
looks interesting !

As i go throught act 1, i was wondering if is possible to change few proxies.  Not much important right now, when you got the time to check.

this warcamp before megara coast, instead of satyrs our Maenads, it could have some sea monsters our pirataes, to fit the theme

-inside of Natural cave in megara coast, there are two place where spiders our Eurynomus spawns, could be changed.

-Megara Outskirts could have full undead around, instead of satyrs our Maenads, after leaving the city.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #494 on: 19 December 2018, 21:03:44 »
Some ideias if you are interested.

When you kill a skelleton Heroes, they could realese a elemental aura, based on their type. For exemple when you kill Frost Marrow, it can realse a frozen aura that freeze you and your party.

Gorgons could have a chance to petrified.

Tyrant of Crete could cast  poison dmg, like in the tale, he was poisoned, now he will try poison you!
Also he could have Abyssal set as mesh armor and bone helm.  he was tyrant after all  8)

Athens Catacombs, there are many empty rooms , especially on 1st flor

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal