Author Topic: Jorlen's Avenger (Hunting + Earth) Guide  (Read 4974 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Jorlen's Avenger (Hunting + Earth) Guide
« on: 13 August 2018, 15:02:44 »
This post is simply to give my experiences with this incredible class combination. I don’t claim to know everything about the game, so please, correct me if I’m wrong at any point. It took me hours to write, and will take many more to keep edited and updated, so take it easy on me if I frack up =)
The goal of this post is to basically share my knowledge with other avengers and offer some tips for making life easier when playing in epic / legendary. I’d also like to hear from those of you who would like to add to this information, and I’ll keep this post updated as people share their own tips.
First of all, I’m currently level 51, and here is my tree:
Jorlen avenger build link
Skill choices and distribution priority
Here’s where it can tend to get tricky. Since I wanted to focus on an archer style character first, and then develop the EARTH portion of it, I placed most of my skill points in the hunting tree, and mostly for bow effects. Some people recommend developing the core dweller, but I found I didn’t really need him till I hit epic orient. Before then I was able to tank myself.
I’ll list some of the most important skills and what their effects are, and how I use them, to give a better understanding:
H U N T I N G
Wood lore: This one is a given. Spears, and especially bows, are very slow to begin with, so any extra speed is a must. 6 points gives +32% Defensive Ability, +21% Attack SpeedHerbal Remedy: I slowly put points in this as I leveled up. I found that one or two points for normal was sufficient. I ALWAYS keep this cast on both myself and my core dweller. Great source of poison resists as well. Coupled with some %regen effects, this is an amazing skill that’s often underestimated. 6 points gives 6.0 Health Regen/Second , 72% Poison ResistanceMarksmanship: If you are a bow hunter then you’ll want to max this. 12 points gives 31 Piercing Damage, +140% Increase in Projectile Speed

Puncture Shot arrows: You need this. I can’t see myself playing a hunter without this skill. Hands down the best ability for bow usage in the game. 12 points gives 55% Chance to Pass Through Enemies, +33% Pierce Damage, +50% Bleeding Damage
Scatter Shot arrows: This one is great when it’s maxed out. Unfortunately, it’s at the top of the tree, so it takes a while to climb up to it. However, this combined with Puncture shot makes a lethal combination for fighting groups of monsters huddled together. Causes each of your arrow hits (including the ones that pass through enemies) to distribute a shrapnel effect in a small radius. The shards themselves do get influenced by +%Pierce damage. 12 points gives 7-9 Fragments, 45 Piercing Damage
Study Prey and Flush Out: Without these skills in late epic / legendary, I’d be one dead avenger. This skill must be cast on a mob of enemies, and it significantly lowers their damage resistances. Read below on my strat for killing mobs. Both skills combined = 14 points, and gives -65% Damage Resistance, -60% Pierce Resistance, -36% Defensive Ability, -36% Elemental Resistance
Art of the Hunt: This is an active aura effect and I always have it on. 10 points gives +62% Pierce Damage, +75 Energy Reserved, +25 Damage to Beastmen, +25 Damage to Animals
Find cover: This is great for avoiding projectiles and is part of the Art of the Hunt aura line. Arrows get nasty in late epic / legendary, so I didn’t prioritize this one until I reached those difficulty levels. In normal, you’re fine without this. 8 points gives +25% Chance to Avoid Projectiles.
Trail Blazing: This is also one of the skills I saved for late epic / legendary when being trapped really gets nasty. Note that as soon as you put one point in this skill, it adds 1 energy cost per second to Art of the Hunt aura, so be aware. 6 points gives +18% Movement, 100% Reduced Entrapment Duration.
E A R T H
There are plenty of choices here. I think most people tend to invest in the core dweller at first, but I honestly didn’t find the need for him until I reached epic.You’ll also note that I personally didn’t put any points in the Earth Enchantment aura. This is because I focused on STR / DEX and because of my low INT, I can’t afford the mana reserved / drain to have this AND Art of the hunt simultaneously. However, for those focusing on INT / DEX, this is definitely a good choice.Because I chose to focus on STR and DEX, I also barely touched any of the other skills. I may work on them once I pass level 60 and beyond, and have a chance to raise my INT, but for now, the Core Dweller is primary focus in this entire tree.

Stone Form: This is one of my favorite skills in the game. This is basically my panic button. It shields you completely for 6 seconds, and while it does this, it adds significant regen. This combined with %regen equipment and the herbal remedy skill can easily heal you to 100%. I only found the need to invest a single point, however maxing it out with 12 points gives you 100% Damage Absorption, +66 Health Regeneration/Second for 6 seconds.
The entire Core Dweller line: Without this handy monster, I woudn’t be able to solo higher epic and legendary. I recommend maxing this before you finish epic, and definitely having SOME points in it prior to starting epic. Read below for tactics.
Earth Enchantment / Brimstone: This is an excellent choice if you can handle the extra energy cost / reserved energy. Note that having higher INT will also raise the damage of this entire line. Any additional +%fire damage equipment will also make a significant difference here. With 18 points in this and brimstone, your attacks get: 7-9 fire damage, 15% chance of 48 burn damage over 3 sec, and 5-8 burn damage over 1-3 sec, +100% fire damage.
TACTICS, TIPS AND TRICKS
Here are some tricks that can really help survival. These tricks are primarily aimed at higher epic and legendary difficulty levels.Surviving in LegendaryIn legendary, you basically want to avoid getting hit as much as humanly possible. You are penalized 100% of all elemental resistances as well as piercing resistance, and your armor feels like it all of a sudden turned to paper. So when you get hit by an arrow or by melee, you can easily loose 25-50% of your HP. Specially if the monsters crit you. As far as melee enemies go, I never ever allow more than one or two mobs on me at the same time.

Playing in legendary requires you to be nimble and use your head, but you also need GEAR. This is where the game became the most fun for me. I was getting my handed to me in pieces, and it forced me to equip myself and learn all about gear. I farmed epic typhon with a friend of mine until I got a bunch of legendary rings (for resists) and armor. Before I could do epic Typhon, I farmed the Valley of Kings in Egypt (Tomb Raider FTW). YES you can get plenty of legendary items in epic, btw =)
WORK ON RESISTS: Yes, you will sacrifice a lot of your damage to have higher elemental and piercing resists, but it’s necessary if you want to live. Loosing experience because of death when you are level 50 really really hurts.
SEND IN THE DWELLER: In legendary especially, I use my trusty core dweller to attract and group up mobs of enemies. I swear by the CONTROL+CLICK method, which is basically control-clicking on your core dweller itself and then sending him towards a group of enemies. If you stand far away from the monsters and let the dweller get all the aggro, you can easily cast STUDY PREY and then pick them off easily, before they even turn towards you. Once you master this method, you can avoid getting hit almost 100% of the time.
SPEEEEED!: Bows are dog slow. That’s why you need to get as many +%attack speed or +%total speed as possible. Because each of your arrows at this point has the chance to penetrate AND cause shrapnel, the more arrows you let fly, the better. Many slots can be used for speed. Bracers for instance. I’m currently using a bracer of alacrity granting me 40% speed. Breastplates with the completed Mechanical relics give you 10% total speed. Necklaces that can grant you %25 total speed. Relics for your bow also add to this. All of this combined makes an incredible difference damage, primarily because of puncture shot / scatter shot skills.

KEEP YOUR RELICS: Yeah I know, they make a huge mess in your inventory. However, if you keep them organised, they can be an incredible aid, but they only become powerful once COMPLETED. Why? Because each completed relics are assigned a random power. And some of them are down right incredible. I’m talking +20% damage, or +35% attack speed and so forth. In my opinion, most legendary / blue bows leave much to be desired and I’m usually always buying the newest GREEN bow and slapping on a +%damage / +%speed relic.
NEED MORE ENERGY!: Marksmanship skills and your Art of the Hunt (and Earth Enchantment if you use it) will suck down your energy QUICK, specially if your bow speed is high. I discovered an incredible way to always max my energy out, via a monster relic called Spectral Matter. This trusty relic can be applied to any NECK or RING, and gives you %energy leech. At first glance I didn’t think it would make a difference, but remember… Your arrows penetrate and hit multiple enemies! If I’m turning a mob of enemies into chia pets, I can easily max out my energy bar by the time I’m done.
GREENS + RELIC = AWESOMENESS: Like I mentioned before, several blue and legendary items leave much to be desired. I don’t get it when people say that gold is useless. Granted, most green drops are rubbish, but still, keep on eye on them. And…FARM THE MERCHANTS! Yes, it’s a royal pain in the arse, and if you hate shopping, you’re gonna hate doing this, but it’s worth it. Every time you use a teleport from one area to another, you will reset the list of items a vendor carries. So you can go from one to another if you got tons of gold burning a hole in your skirt.
FARM THE MERCHANTS FOR GREENS!: Merchants often sell incredibly powerful green armor, weapons and jewelery. You just have to find the right ones, and combine them with the right relics. It’s worth it. Imagine my surprise when I found an amulet that gave me +25% total speed! Combined with the proper relic, this is an amazing item. Or how about a bow with +40% damage / speed boost? Think about it. Slap on that lucky relic that ended up having a great completion bonus on that bow, and it becomes a machine gun.
HELP KILL THE UNDEAD AND DEMONS WITH RELICS: Some relics can have a huge %damage towards undead and demons. Equipment can also have this, but I’ve only seen legendary items with it. The big deal here, is that they STACK. So if you’ve kept a trusty ring / neclkace imbued with %60 damage to undead, and your armor happens to also have %60 damage to undead, that’s %120 damage. Combine them right, and you can one-shot almost all undead! ANd since there are tons of them in the game, you’ll use it often.
KEEP MANY RINGS AND AMULETS: Why not? They take little space, and can totally change the way you do damage, AND take damage. I have about 20 rings and amulets all together, and I use them in dozens of combinations, depending on the situation. I have a set for high DPS, fighting undead, demons, as well as for high pierce resists and elemental resists. I also keep a set for boss fights, and a set for energy / health leech.

-Guide by Jorlen

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-avenger-hunter-earth-guide/

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal