Author Topic: Proc Chance from Passive Skills + CDR  (Read 5600 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Proc Chance from Passive Skills + CDR
« on: 30 January 2019, 11:26:06 »
i haven't put much thought into this until recently, and I've put probably 2000+ hrs in this game

but passive skills with proc chance: distortion field, storm surge, battle rage, and death ward.. probably also adrenaline (not sure i haven't played defense mastery since long ago from TQIT).. they go well with high CDR

distortion field in particular, i used to leave this at 1pt because the 5% chance proc is too low.. but if you have very high CDR, it actually becomes worth maxing.. just compare it with a dream char with no CDR and one with high CDR.. distortion field will proc more often

battle rage too, it will noticeably proc more often with very high CDR

death ward may actually become more useful.. don't know i don't play my bonecharmer anymore

storm surge will noticeably proc more often with high CDR

of all these though, maybe only distortion field is worth maxing if you have high CDR.. but maybe the upgrades of battle rage becomes worth more than 1pt?

ah just give this mechanic a chance if you play CDR builds

edit: just to be clear, it procs more because the cooldown is lessened with CDR.. my distortion field cooldown from prophet is now only 6 secs instead of 30secs.. storm surge is now only 1.2 secs instead of 6 secs

passive skills with no cooldown, like volley, are not affected
« Last Edit: 30 January 2019, 11:50:05 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Proc Chance from Passive Skills + CDR
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2019, 21:28:01 »
I agree, distortion field is a great skill in dream mastery if maxed. The 20-26% dmg absorption is great for survivability and then any CDR helps since the cooldown is rather long. Another feature that may be overlooked is the 39 to 51 flat dmg absorption. It seems small. Actually it is not since distortion field calculation comes after armor and resistances ! (that appeared when making tests on immunity).

but maybe the upgrades of battle rage becomes worth more than 1pt?
Oh Yes. In pre-Ragnarok guides for warfare mastery, one can often read that battle rage tree is only worth 1pt each. I disagree !  Maybe it was motivated by the lack of skill points. Now with so many skill points, battle rage and crushing blow shine when maxed. I only put 1 point in the last skill tiers though, all about retaliation. The Battle rage cooldown is 10s and chances to proc are only 8%. That said in Xmax and >50% CDR, battle rage procs roughly around every 5s. When crushing blow procs while in battle rage, you really feel the boost, like Ares, and you see big numbers around.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Billy_pilgrim

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 31 January 2019, 01:15:43 »

of all these though, maybe only distortion field is worth maxing if you have high CDR.. but maybe the upgrades of battle rage becomes worth more than 1pt?

ah just give this mechanic a chance if you play CDR builds

Really cool find, I was always wondering about CDR and procs because I play a lot of melee builds. When I go warfare I always get a couple of points in crushing blow asap. Because warfare kind of sucks early game, but that skill will let you chunk bosses within 10minutes of playing regardless of items. I think its very underrated skill.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Billy_pilgrim

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2019, 10:23:56 »
I'm guessing CDR doesn't work for item procs though does it? If it did may open up quite a few neat interactions.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2019, 14:15:26 »
I'm guessing CDR doesn't work for item procs though does it? If it did may open up quite a few neat interactions.
unlikely, considering granted skills are not affected by CDR
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal