Author Topic: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge  (Read 262773 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
The Xmax Hardcore Challenge
« on: 29 November 2017, 20:22:34 »
Just what it says, complete all 3 difficulties of the game using FULL Xmax - not x2, x3 or x4 - FULL Xmax.  And if your character dies their challenge is over.  Screenshots of boss kills required and also screenshots of the second page of your character's stats to confirm no deaths or use either TQDefiler or GDDefiler for this.  No ESC-QUIT either folks!
NOTE 13.05.18 - Screenshots of boss kills required once you hit Epic difficulty.  Until then I'll accept just the stats page when you finish a play session to update your character's details.

Please see this thread on how to post screenshots on the forum.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=464.0

I think TheBonobo4 (who started this challenge) and defboy99 had pretty much decided the rule about a minimum number of kills for the challenge was to be scrapped since for petmancer toons it rather defeated the idea of being a petmancer in the first place as pet kills don't add to a petmancer's kill count.  But I post them here anyway to give you a target to aim for if you want to. 

For melee/ranged/casters the target was 150,000.
For petmancers it was 50,000. 

Now that may sound a lot, but with full Xmax pushing mobs up to 10 and bosses/heroes coming in 3s they're not really difficult targets to aim for.  It's only 25,000 per act for melee/ranged/casters and only 4,167 for petmancers.  Those figures will be even less if you add in the Ragnarök and Atlantis expansions as well.

Characters are untwinked unless specified on the leaderboard.

So plan your builds and start your Xmax Hardcore Challenge journey.  gasconron holds the record for the number of successful completions of this challenge btw.  And Stormyboy did it with an Haruspex without using any health or energy potions.

gasconron has started a thread giving info on how he personally does this challenge and how he sees each class overall.  You can read more here:

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=122.msg773#msg773

Characters who make it into Epic Act 3 and above and perish there will be added to the Hall of Fallen Heroes leaderboard.
Characters who complete the challenge have well earned the title TITAN SLAYER.

NOTE: AE after a character's class denotes they're being played in the Anniversary Edition of the game, AER they're played using the Ragnarök expansion, AERA they're also playing the Atlantis expansion.
NOTE: Anniversary Edition Ragnarök expansion - Accomplished Heroes are not eligible for this challenge.  The rule is play the full Xmax mod from the start of Normal right through to the end of Legendary.
NOTE: Sometimes bosses won't spawn in this mod.  Exit back to the main menu and restart, they should then respawn.  If not, rinse and repeat until they do.
NOTE: In the IT version of this mod it's not possible to do the Sphinx quest and the Protect the Flag quest, you need to revert to the normal game to do these and then re-enter the mod to continue once you've completed them and got your reward.  The latest version of Xmax for TQAE should work properly.
NOTE: The Three Sisters side quest is bugged in the AE version of the mod, the heroes don't spawn so you'll need to go back into normal game to do this quest. 20.06.19: Steam version of Xmax mod seems to have this quest fixed.
NOTE: Since Atlantis is an optional expansion it's not required to complete for this challenge.  Neither is the Eternal Embers expansion.  If you want to do them, that's up to you, but for the challenge it's TQ/IT, TQAE and Ragnarok if you have it.  If you do want to use one or more expansions then for Ragnarok please put AER, Atlantis AEA, Ragnarok and Atlantis AERA and Embers AERAE after your character's class.
NOTE: Eternal Embers has brought in the ability to curse yourself with up to 8 different curses.  If you wish to play the game using one or more of these please add (Cursed) after the character class and which version of the game you're playing.

TITAN SLAYERS
Tauceti - Leeroy Jenkins - L79 Spellbreaker AER (TWINKED) Final kill count: 239,554
koolis - No_Death_Xmax+ - L83 Pilgrim AERAE
Stormyboy - Myxir - L80 Summoner AEAR (no potions/untwinked): Final kill count 50,208 (Petmancer)

Leaderboard as at 24.12.23
Difficulty colour code:
Red: Legendary difficulty
Green: Epic difficulty
Blue: Normal difficulty

Stormyboy - Fyredel - L76 Evoker AEARE (Cursed) - City of Rhakotis
Jacko&Zuzia - Perseus - L73 Conquerer AERA (TWINKED) - Village of Helos
gasconron - Yunah - L67 Thane AER (TWINKED) - Rhodes
Ororo - Ororo - L61 Templar AER (TWINKED) - Helos
Namefunny - Valkyrie Dome - L51 Paladin (TWINKED) - Unfinished Bridge
Medea Fleecestealer - Gale Vitesse - L41 Druid AER (TWINKED) (no pets) - Medea's Grove
Jacko & Zuzia - Jacek - L39 Spellbreaker AER (TWINKED) - Rhodes
Jacko - Zuzia III - L30 Summoner AER (TWINKED) - Hatshepsut Path
corian - Badboy - L30 Shaman AER (TWINKED) - Hatshepsut Path
1cec0ld - LetsTryXmax - L30 Illusionist AER (TWINKED) - Great Pyramid
Jacko & Zuzia - Sauron - L30 Theurgist AER+A (TWINKED) - Highland Pass
1cec0ld - Twinkle - L28 Assassin AER (TWINKED) - Memphis
Medea Fleecestealer - Xmax Pets - L28 Soothsayer AERA (TWINKED) - Memphis
corian - Naiara - L24 Stonespeaker AER (TWINKED) - Rhakotis
gasconron - Natashya - L20 Battlemage AER (TWINKED) - Parnassus Hinterlands
Medea Fleecestealer - Xmax ProphetHC - L13 Prophet AERA (TWINKED) - Megara Bluff
Medea Fleecestealer - Lightning Beam - L13 Prophet AERAE (TWINKED) - Megara Bluff
sauruz - heris - L11 Haruspex AER - Spartan Woods
Fisch - Durzo - L10 Battlemage AE - Spartan Highlands
gasconron - Sivon - L9 Champion AER (TWINKED) - Sparta War Camp
botebote77 - eiko-chan - L1 Stormcaller

Hall of Fallen Heroes:
Stormyboy - Borkan - L78 Ranger AEAR (untwinked/no potions) - The obsidian halls - Died to: Ancient Dragonian - Deathlance (Kill count: 272,352)
Tauceti - Saiga - L76 Diviner AER (TWINKED) - Died to the Bloodsisters Sagira & Safyia
Tauceti - Runny Smith - Lvl 75 Runesmith AER (TWINKED) - Died to the Dragon Liche (Kill count: 204,106)
Overnight - Halu - L74 Seidr Worker AER - Wusao - Died to Ormenos (Kill count: 186,453)
WNG - Exinite - L67 Bone Charmer AER (TWINKED) - Died to a Dragonian Wyrm-Mage
Tauceti - Lune de cendre - L66 Evoker AERA (TWINKED) - Gadir outskirts, died to Aegipan beastmen
Ororo - Ororo - L64 Templar AER (TWINKED) - died to Tigerman Hero with reflect damage
Medea Fleecestealer - Cormac - L61 Guardian - Died to Cerberus x3 (Kill count: 105,604)
« Last Edit: 24 December 2023, 08:49:28 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #1 on: 01 December 2017, 11:18:44 »
Good stuff...
I have already finished a couple of my re-runs in AE, and am in the middle of completing some other runs.
I'll participate in this thread once I clear out my actives, I want to post fresh contenders.

Will also need some recommendations for an easy to use in-game video recorder (I miss xfire so much).
Managing screenshots is such a hassle. Even worse I'm doing HC runs in Grim Dawn to so my Pictures folder is becoming a big mess.
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2017, 20:38:12 »
Hello  8)

Jacko - Zuzia III - L14 Pyromancer AER (TWINKED) - Village of Ambrossos

This is gonna be VO / Eruption based, reduced cooldown petless caster  8)

Now I will be rolligng golden fleece to get -8% recharge.

Got this incredible SoM (staff of magi) from satyr act 1 beginning of the game...it has -14% recharge  8)

still on the fence as to 2nd mastery...Nature and Hunting seem to be top contenders offering both res reduction and survivability...dream looks tempting but not really well suited for ranged caster i think...

what would you suggest?

cheers :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2017, 21:46:17 »
In my opinion, nature would fit perfectly into caster type, more hp , heals debuff (plague) will be sweet.

But Hunting could be nice try as well! and be something special and fun to play.

edit : Dont forget of the pics Jacko :P
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2017, 09:55:48 »
Hi guys,

I cannot take screenshots...all black  >:(

but here it goes ... a pic from my mobile

Ihad the same issues when playing tqit...but hey...most imortant there is a pic  O:-)

anyway...off we go now...back in the pm

cheers

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 03 December 2017, 12:24:24 »
That thing with resistances is interesting. I thought 5+5 is maximum, but here are 8 + 8 probably. Can you give screenshot of first page? Also more details about mod, is it available only on xmax?
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2017, 14:13:52 »
That thing with resistances is interesting. I thought 5+5 is maximum, but here are 8 + 8 probably. Can you give screenshot of first page? Also more details about mod, is it available only on xmax?

Its the new Character screen from expansion, it was hidden resistance, also bleeding and vitality are same thing as primary resistance
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 03 December 2017, 14:34:17 »
Jacko - Zuzia III - L22 Pyromancer AER (TWINKED) - Rhakotis city

Minotaur and telkin x3 went down surprisingly easy...but its only normal... :P

I keep playing xmax as I know the game quite well and it is too easy otherwise...

xmax is x2, x3, x4 and xmax monsters...bosses x3...I only use the last monster multiplier xmax as I am used to it...the only problem being computer sometimes lags with so many ranged mobs  :'(

I highly recommend xmax as this make this game really enjoyable aand pushes you to the edge of your seat sometimes... >:D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 03 December 2017, 15:03:01 »
I forgot about this one:

EDIT: btw, is there any ranking or is it just me and you in xmax hardcore now, Medea?

« Last Edit: 03 December 2017, 15:10:52 by Jacko »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 03 December 2017, 17:12:45 »
theres a ranking, jacko, i think isnt updated yet.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 03 December 2017, 17:33:59 »
Jacko, added to the leaderboard.  Anyone else taking part in this please provide your toon details.  Unfortunately no copy was made of the challenge before TQ.net went down and I haven't been able to find anything by googling. 

Jacko check in Documents\My Games\Titan Quest\Immortal Throne\screenshots.  You should see screenshot00, screenshot01, etc.  Those should be the screenshots you've taken.  If you don't have that folder then make one.  You can then open them in something like Paint to edit.

Yes, Staff of the Magi are great early game staves to find. 

efko, yes that's the new expansion character sheet.  The expansion has added more resistance types that were hidden before.  Also some new ones like petrify.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 03 December 2017, 18:27:24 »
the AE and R added a lot of new staff...

like...

COMPLETELY SPOILING ALL MY ZERO COOLDWON BUILDS !!!

I am DEVASTATED.

But life goes on...I will try my eruption anyway and see how far we can push this time...but it does change my approach and some things need to be rethinked and reworked...

made screenshots path...maybe THIS will work...or did THEY ruin it too...?  ;) ;) ;)

anyway...i guess it (cooldown rework) makes it more...balanced...

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 04 December 2017, 12:30:57 »
Darn, Loka Gale is out of the challenge.  First day back after GD playtesting and got too confident with how well she was going.  Wasn't patient enough with the Limos x3 in the ruins and they killed her.  >:( Kill count: 12,651.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 04 December 2017, 14:12:30 »
 :'( :'( :'(...sorry to hear that

I had a few close calls...

which is why I stick to one game at a time and one toon...too much confusion for me...mechanical habits developed...hitting desperately a key hoping to perform a function while nothing happens...muscle memory...

I am thinking of a malee toon too...

Heard rumours casters in AER are A DEAD LOSS...

but hey...it is fun atm, and the objective is to finish normal...then epic....seldom do I go further...unless Ive fallen in love with a toon  :P

still on the fence between Hunting and Nature but need those mastery points so time to choose something is approachin....NATURE looks a little bit more tempting....I hate to chose
« Last Edit: 04 December 2017, 14:22:08 by Jacko »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Jacko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 04 December 2017, 14:27:17 »
Well...I explained Nature and Hunting to my 6-year-old daughter and she chose NATURE

Her rationale being: she likes to have more life and ... she loves the green theme...

Well again...if it hadnt been for her I would have really difficult time now ...and now the problem is over  8)

At least I have someone to blame now  :P
« Last Edit: 04 December 2017, 14:41:49 by Jacko »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal