Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 229499 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Version 2 Development LOC
« Reply #525 on: 03 January 2019, 19:08:33 »
I couldn't stand watching all the progress and hit the buy button on expac. Count me in as your alpha/beta disciple :)

this is the updated version's download link, right?

https://mega.nz/#!40YywQ4a!0drgdgSjOUZo3ldiNRu81Ebe_4gVUUQQQGrCJR2g8mw

Thtas the old version 1.1, pm bumble if you want get the acess to the alpha
« Last Edit: 03 January 2019, 19:21:08 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #526 on: 04 January 2019, 00:57:39 »
Epic is done ! what a journey!

Lands ends area feells much better now, thank you!

i could craft the batlemage ordnance, its well balanced around the difficulty, i enchanted the pieces with the elements i needed. It feels so great seeing various of options of gear rather than forcing us using purple junk.

plus the set looks brutal

want me to go the legendary difficultie ? our something else ?
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #527 on: 04 January 2019, 02:39:15 »
Wow, you actually defeated Fu T'sang Lung?? Nice!

I see you have a carrot.  :))

No, legendary is just epic to me as far as testing, though you are certainly welcome to try. I figure Legendary balancing can wait for beta testing.

You can try a new class  or go through legendary, up to you.

Legendary will be balancing issues at this point.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #528 on: 04 January 2019, 10:52:06 »
it was a hard batle, i died twice :p

i will wait for legendary when the mod hits the beta, i continue  with my spellbreaker , but she reach at act 5, mhm i wil make another one :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #529 on: 04 January 2019, 14:43:02 »
I decide to make a new character, and this time i left my confort zone and start a thrownig weapon build ( runemaster plus storm), i will mostly focus on runemaster tho.

Being honest it will be my 1st time playing the mastery and with this kind of weapon.

I reach megara, i could defeat the bosses so far, died a couple of time against the boarsnatcher, but it was my fault, was to lazy to run from her web lol

the new dungeon in tegea its so nice! it could be home for new boss in the future :p..poor tegeans lol

you cant change those itchians attacking at megara gates ? they feel so squishy

runemaster mastery:

the rune of life  , it can have % mana reserved as the other buffs, right now its 1 energy cost per sec, but with the so many itens that gives mana recovery its like a free buff

im felling the thunderstike skill is bit to strong , i wil see how it goes as far i go deep into the game

jotunn summon, was thinking for a death effect ( without doing dmg) a big storm our some soul effect that mean the jottun you had was being free from your control

Now something i noticed:

the satyrs ghosts that appear when you destroy the altars, seens to drop chests, maybe only the champs could drop then (?)

tegea spider, i dont remenber she could chase you so long, our did you change it ? pic below

small idea:

karkinos champs ( in greece) could have some special attack
« Last Edit: 04 January 2019, 14:45:05 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #530 on: 05 January 2019, 15:16:38 »
I reach at minoan labyrinth as runemaster lv 23 , i will leave some feedback about the skills i had and some sugestions in act 1.

The work you did on act 1 is super fantástico (fantastic) , its very well made :)

Runemaster.

-Rune of life, i up at max lv (lv 10) it gives 44% vitality resistance and 33% pierce resistance, i like free bonus, but i think its to generous, i would say decrease a litle the resist bonus.

-Thunderstrike, it clears the groups to well, plus the lower cd you can spam it frequently, i would say increase the cd to 7 sec to 12 secs, and the number of projectile could be increase as you up the skill, it start 2 projectiles at lv 1 and at max lv it gives you 5 projectiles.

-Jottun summon- he can destroy groups of foes, very far away with the long slam range, a minimal decrease at slam radious can work , without destroying his gigantic personality :)

side note:
you replaced the ratman priest boss for new ratman boss right ?

act 1 suggestions. ( when you got some time to look at then)

- you know the petrified cyclops before gorgons ? it could be turned a hero our a boss

-Satyrs  pillagers can have a diferent colour, so he doesnt like a common satyr

-Maenads~alchemist, can have a different colour, plus maybe they could throw  confusion bombs like in 1.1 (?)

-in late monsters warcamps in  , instead of having 90% satyrs, some of then could be replaced with boarmens/cyclops  proxies our another vile beasts.

-Alastor boss, seens to cast some fear skill on you (?), if true it seens pretty useless, maybe on his summons our his basic attacks could have a % to cast fear/skill disruption

Side quests rewards

- I would trade the  "Spartans Lost" that rewards you a champion heart and give it to "The Undead Tyrant" quest.

- The Cornered Man, Lycus ( the guy you save from Satyrs ) could reward you at normal difficulty only a green axe, since his lumbercamp is destroyed he seens dont need it anymore.

Lycus rusty axe ( do some bleeding dmg), just a simple weapon, to help out melle users

also its seens theres a fixed skellie hero that appears here ( the room before the stairs where talos)

sorry for triple posts :(
« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 15:21:22 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #531 on: 05 January 2019, 18:31:19 »
Fixed skelly hero is intentional.

Removed pierce resist from Life Rune. Changed Vitality resistance to vitality absorption and reduced amount per level.

What you are concerned about with Thunderstrike  are the vanilla components.

The only modifications I made to THunderstrike is giving it the +10 to skills values and adding a small increase in lightning max damage per level.

Reduced range on Jotunn club slam.

I don't agree about the spartan's lost reward so no changes.

I like the rusty axe idea, I think I will make that today.

I didn't design or craft the new dungeon in tegea, that was from the original Iron Lore devs, I only connected a door. It's pretty nice design.

As far as the Ratman priest, I had 2 ratman bosses from before, so I put them both in that pool to spawn one or the other.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #532 on: 05 January 2019, 21:04:44 »
Fixed skelly hero is intentional.

I point that beacuse it can be a nice spot for a new hero... in a long..long future

Thank you for the answers! Fair enought :)

I did forget to tell you: Jacinto, the Rotten Hyacinth of Thessaly ( zombie hero, found in the tomb before athens) could be more interesting, he just cast a medium poison cloud/poison attacks

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Gestalt

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #533 on: 06 January 2019, 00:28:50 »
I started yet again my "most crowded summoner" as nature/spirit. I will try to convey my feelings from time to time.

Fyi, since I started expac with your mod, I am not sure sometimes if the changes are due to your mod or Ragnarok.

First, I can say you did become more merciless. Now everytime I open a chest or sepulcher, I will move away a bit not to get hurt from your evil traps or summons. I mean everywhere feels like roguelike :D.

Now I am level 12, maxed forest nymphs. Loved them more than your mud creatures from your older mod. Their AoE skills are good for now. I have only given 1 point in their 2nd skill. I think it will be a good one, making them more durable but I will write as I progress more. For now, their 3rd skill, Rewakening, seems like a little bit weak compared to its tier.  I think it is not even a one hit wonder skill, can be changed but like always, I will tell more explicitly when I get a chance to invest in that skill.

I really like your quest reward editions, quite help the player.

I have an item with a skill Bone Splinter. I couldn't find anything regarding to it when I equip that item. Is it passive? No description on item also.

Edit: Is there any totem skills you did make or should I say if it is possible in TQ? My favourite char in Grim Dawn is a totemancer, maybe you can add 1 tier only totem skill(like lich) for all masteries that does different things where summons lack doing? Can you bind a totem as a pet so that they can scale with pet stats or like in Grim Dawn scale from player bonuses?

Edit2: I am writing as I remember. Because the skeletons are pretty meat shields and weak in general. I regularly resummon them. However unlike the other summons I ahve to click on the ground in order to summon them. This makes pretty hard to summon when action starts to get intense. Also their summon animation is making things take longer. Maybe you can speed up the animation a lil bit?.

« Last Edit: 06 January 2019, 00:45:05 by Gestalt »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #534 on: 06 January 2019, 02:31:23 »

Edit: Is there any totem skills you did make or should I say if it is possible in TQ? My favourite char in Grim Dawn is a totemancer, maybe you can add 1 tier only totem skill(like lich) for all masteries that does different things where summons lack doing? Can you bind a totem as a pet so that they can scale with pet stats or like in Grim Dawn scale from player bonuses?

Edit2: I am writing as I remember. Because the skeletons are pretty meat shields and weak in general. I regularly resummon them. However unlike the other summons I ahve to click on the ground in order to summon them. This makes pretty hard to summon when action starts to get intense. Also their summon animation is making things take longer. Maybe you can speed up the animation a lil bit?.

I have no plans to add totems. I've been through this discussion before for v 1.1.

I like the Skeletons as they are. See post earlier in the thread when sauruz and I discussed this.

I think I will take a break from the forums. See ya all in a week or so.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #535 on: 06 January 2019, 13:22:42 »

Check page Nº33, the mid posts.

I had same feeling and thinking as you, but then i realise and i understand its how the spirit works, the skeelies archers and warriors are diferent than the other summon, like you said, they are meat shields, you can have 11 skellies with you, you can choose where to  cast then and you have tool to get the booses and foes aways from you, just kep summon the skeelies in front of then :)

i got a speellbreaker almost ending normal, and the skeelies are very good, in early game you can have litle bad time, but when you move into the game, they will be stronger more durable and nothing can stop you ( well aside of fire :p).

BG explain to me , i get it and i love it, alas skeelies are one of unique summons you can have, because their mechanics and design

I think I will take a break from the forums. See ya all in a week or so.

Have a good rest! see you soon :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #536 on: 08 January 2019, 19:34:39 »
almost ending act 2. enjoying the act so far.

I could play around with bossees around Votk, some giving alot of trouble but they are alright :)

few suggestions.

egyptian Telkine summons could be more dangerous

-Sandwraiths could drop demon charms instead of spectral matter charm

-Sandstone guardians, our only the champions, could have a death effect

-the granite sandstones with Vessel of thuyu boss, could have couple fire abilities and a burn death effect.

- this room could have a group of monsters , because right now is a empty room that have a majestic chest

- Hyiosouchos ~ Reptilian Hero, that lives in the cliff around Hathor Basin, could be a boos, defense and burn dmg ( if im not wrong he worships the god of the sun, Ra)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #537 on: 11 January 2019, 03:52:15 »
Hunting has two tier 7 skills now.

I added half the original (my old school disc version data) vanilla TQ pierce damage back to scattershot arrows and moved it to tier 7.

Created new tier 7 skill Huntmaster.

Self buff (instant cast), 8 second duration, 60 second cooldown. Requires bow, spear or ranged one-handed.

Adds +%strength, dex and DA.

Adds a flat amount to the players base attack speed. What this means is that the Hunting mastery, when this skill is active, can functionally attack faster than the attack skill cap of 80% over base because the base is now actually higher than it was.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #538 on: 12 January 2019, 04:00:55 »
Added Minotaur statues that come to life. They aren't perfect and they tend to balance on their right foot when they are standing still, but it's pretty fun.

Removed the Storm mastery skill Reflection and added all the stats to the base Energy Shield skill. I have never put points in the vanilla Reflection skill before. I mean, unless you are aiming to max it for a reflection specific build, I just don't have enough skill points to spare.

Instead I added a new tier 7 skill to the Storm Wisp that's a debuff aura that lowers lightning resist and does lightning burn damage for a duration.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mountainblade

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #539 on: 12 January 2019, 16:16:21 »
Is Falcon coming back as a pet? If not can I suggest a tweak I made to my vanilla campaigns? (because its cool and because i am bone chillingly lazy)
Study Prey summons the falcon but it is invincible/out of combat/0 aggro, and only does a 1-1 dmg basic attack but casts study prey inherently for you. Flushout just modifies his skill as normal. In my games I rename it to Eagle Eye because of my charming sense of humor.

I'll just leave that suggestion at the foot of the council to consider.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal