Author Topic: Multiplayer  (Read 5939 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bagheera

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Multiplayer
« on: 25 January 2020, 12:37:26 »
Okay, uh...... I've just installed Titan Quest onto my laptop after playing the mobile version. I haven't played this game in many, many years and am surprised there's still an active playerbase! I've noticed there have even been DLC's released not too long ago, which is insane to me. Thought this game was buried long ago, seems crazy that is not the case.

I was wondering if anyone does, and would like to team up online? I've never actually experience Titan Quest multiplayer and feel like it could be helpful to get any tips/pointers while player and chatting in-game (if inclined). My steam ID is beech235

Anyway, hello... long forgotten game

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2020, 13:45:06 »
Welcome to the forum and back to the game.   :)

There's always been a small, but active group of people who play the game, even after all these years.  But in 2016 Nordic, who bought the rights to the game when THQ folded, brought out the Anniversary Edition to celebrate 10 years since TQ was first released back in 2006.  Since then they've added two more expansions: Ragnarök which take you to the northern parts of the world and Atlantis which I'm sure you can guess where that takes you. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bagheera

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2020, 23:11:30 »
I haven't read the best reviews for both the expansion, I think I will wait until they are on sale before thinking of purchasing. Though I have noticed a lot of the mods in the steam workshop require them, which is a shame... but, meh,  haven't played TQ in so long just running through the vanilla campaign is easily enough for me for now

Reached level 15 last night running around with wolves. The mobile version and the PC version drop rates seem different? Seem to be finding a lot more greens and relics on the anniversary edition than the completely vanilla version on my phone. The very fast speed setting is also a wonderful change, hah

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2020, 23:39:08 »
the dlcs is thing either  love or hate.

it depends on many things, its nice they update the game but there are still few problems waiting to be fixed. Anyway TQ and their dlcs are on sale very often , its just need to find the right day (ah)

Yhea the mobile and pc version is complety diffrent , i beleive the mobile only have the vanilla game without Immortal Throne. ( not sure)
« Last Edit: 25 January 2020, 23:41:42 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bagheera

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2020, 23:53:42 »
Yeah, full vanilla, no IT. That's actually the only version of TQ I've played in the past, so it was a nice nostalgic experience to see it on the mobile playstore, was having lots of fun with it so decided to install it on my PC as well, which I don't regret. I'm sure I'll have more interest in getting the DLC's after doing a few run throughs of the original TQ

I was hoping they would be on sale today, but apparently not. Grim Dawn is only $10 at 70% off though! (if anyone doesn't own it already)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2020, 00:04:00 »
it was on sale 2 days ago  on steam 80% base game , i dont remember how much were dlcs , before the lunar sale on steam, but every month or in two months period, is on sale i guess.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bagheera

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2020, 00:07:50 »
Oh damn, I checked steam about 4 days ago and today! Bad timing for me hahaha

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal