Author Topic: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!  (Read 48419 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Accolon

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!
« Reply #225 on: 10 July 2021, 19:06:23 »
This is because your hero drinks too many healing wine. ;)
That's because you were too quick to killing the centaurs, and I'm enjoying the neighborhood. :P
Seriously, i'm visit chiron's grove few times, and did not notice issue with this bridge. Sounds like engine bug.
Hmm. But you're playing at normal speed, and I'm at maximum speed. Perhaps the appearance of this bug is related to this. Okay, if nothing can be done about it, we'll know.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #226 on: 10 July 2021, 19:25:50 »
Bridges are tricky to add to the map and there's only so much finesse an old man can muster to paint no-passing along the edge of them. Especially when I am full of coffee and cigarettes.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #227 on: 10 July 2021, 19:48:58 »
Main hassle for me atm is that TQVault doesn't see the transfer or relic parts and I keep forgetting you've changed the inventory bags too and put stuff too far right and then can't access it ingame because it's technically not in the inventory bag. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #228 on: 16 July 2021, 21:03:52 »
I'm found what i'm completed Typhon on Normal with mine Paladin, and did not report back.

Generally there is was some inconsistency with custom/added monsters. Some things feels not very well balanced. But overall feelings - is free and light gameplay. I'm probably become too lucky in few parts (in terms of equipment), however it fair enough.

I'm put only 1 point in every pet. I'm did not pick any pet upgrade except first upgrade in defense and storm wisp. I'm reach +11 bonus for frost wisp and +5 for storm mastery, and +3 for defense mastery. My character did not care about resistances, only about damage. Brimstone? Yes. Insulated Ring of Fire? Yes. Even while it is not mine damage type - is nice to have. Paladin's Ordnance of course (BTW, despite what buff should stays only 10 seconds - visual effect often keeps forever). Before Ordnance - Frostmoon, then Storm's Elemental Shard (lucky again?). Surely - frostbite -> nice weapon.

The only thing which i'm changed, it is lowered "Cleave" sound volume from 0.4 to 0.25 I'm guess.

I'm did not play too much and heavily, but will try to continue progress.

Ah, Typhon was surprisingly easy. I'm almost facetank he. My pets died almost immediately (i'm expect this, because i'm did not invest in them, and will not invest directly). But... well, fight with skeleton-dragon-like-boss-who-was-level-60 - was much harder. :)

One thing which is annoying - beating this side bosses are often absolutely have no reward. I'm for whole game i'm guess got almost no good blue items, and often big magic chest, magical orb after bosses -> lot of yellow loot, which i'm immediately sending to merchant's trash (and get my few millions gold :) ).

Regardless to all above, there is was kind of subjective feedback. Constructive feedback - looks very solid, smooth and good. Difficulty spikes (for me) almost not exist, which is good. E.g. get mine great positive feedback. :)

PS: In few places plain (unmodded) TQAE actually harder, but not better.
« Last Edit: 16 July 2021, 21:06:39 by lixiss »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: 16 July 2021, 21:33:10 »
If my memory dont fail to me, Typhoon cant be modified, as BG as tried in the past and  results was the Portal that lead into Rhodes dont appear at all/crashes. he still stong versus pets tho.
« Last Edit: 16 July 2021, 21:39:05 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #230 on: 16 July 2021, 21:59:37 »
If my memory dont fail to me, Typhoon cant be modified, as BG as tried in the past and  results was the Portal that lead into Rhodes dont appear at all. he still stong versus pets tho.

It is true what game has some special (non-understandable / non-clean and non-generic rules driven) support for few major quest monsters. I'm basically refer to monsters who have class which not equal to "Monster". Still believe what adjustments can be made and them should follow to mod's overrides. Still there is might be infinite numbers of errors which 2.9 don't report back. Ugh. I'm again starts to complain...

No. No matter, Typhon was reasonable tought. Just was not challenge-like fight like i'm expect. However, i'm bold this again - there is better have things too easier than they should be, rather than have too hard things than they must be (like in sv-aera, allowed spawning uber heroes who ignores difficulty equations, and did not take into account how spawning in game designed - so you can get lvl 6 hero at pc lvl 1 => unkillable). Balancing is tricky in this kind games and so - in my opinion - all fine in my case. It is not really hard, but i'm always can adjust difficulty by not pets at all. :)

I'm might say what paladin is unbalanced combo. But i'm have no exp how it work at higher difficulties, so would like to keep thought about private. Still while i'm very like heavy weapon mastery - but it looks bad: defense before this mastery had 3 WPS skills with shield. Now we have 2 more WPS skills for weapon. This makes defense - top-tier WPS mastery. Warfare all times cried in that sense, but now cried even more. Defense works nice now. My words about what other masteries lack of any WPS skills. Look at Earth - new non-WPS nice staff-only skill. Good skill per-se but there is not WPS and staff only. So... if you really want to play in melee - Defense looks way even more appealing than others, while it was very strong even before additions. There is not proposing change something, just fact. And in fact this fact hard to counter / "resolve".

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Mausi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #231 on: 17 July 2021, 18:37:19 »
Is it intentional that the minimap in the minoaic labyrinth is black and you can't see anything on it?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: 17 July 2021, 18:45:39 »
Is it intentional that the minimap in the minoaic labyrinth is black and you can't see anything on it?

Thats from vanilla game, yhea it sux

I could revert it back on my mod , i forget how i did it as it was long ago, i vaguely remenber BUT i had to export  the labyrinth mini map from CD version and paste into the art manager / source files, maybe it was a trick between the progress but it is possible to retun back.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2021, 18:49:48 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Mausi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: 17 July 2021, 19:11:13 »
I am sure that it works in Vanilla, because I play Vanilla in between... I have never seen that the minimap is completely black...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: 17 July 2021, 19:13:12 »
Only the 1st lvl it shows in minimap, after you get down in the stairs its all dark-blue

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Mausi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: 17 July 2021, 19:53:57 »
  <<< Do not click
This is LoC AE DX 9

Checked in Vanilla DX 9 and there its working normally...

Do not click on the image ~ efko
« Last Edit: 18 July 2021, 11:47:05 by efko »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Accolon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: 20 July 2021, 13:54:39 »
The boss is fall. Chest block the way.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: 10 August 2021, 11:08:08 »
Well, that was a big oops.   :-[  Went to move something in my pet Elementalist's inventory to put into the Vault and somehow clicked on a bounce mod.  Went back to Custom Game and chose the LoC mod, it tried to load and then closed down.  Started again and lo and behold the Elementalist has now lost most of her skill points and her weapon.  Will have to start her all over again.

A couple of buggy things.  Pets standing around in this area of the Megara coast; golem did finally move, but the other two didn't until the pirates were on top of me.  And not sure this is the right text for Corrie's skill.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: 11 August 2021, 07:41:03 »
Can the energy cost of Rupture come down a bit?  Using it as my main attack on a no pet Elementalist; have only a point in each part of the skill plus an extra one from Hallowed helm and I'm already having to down energy potions fairly often at L17.  Dread to think what it'll be like with them all maxed and +4 on top.   :o

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: 15 August 2021, 10:14:46 »
Looks like the Trance skills in Dream aren't in the right place.  ToC looks like it's at L10 when in fact it still need 6 more points before you can access it.

And pets standing around not attacking in the Mycenean Ruins area. 

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal