Author Topic: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!  (Read 48412 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!
« Reply #195 on: 26 June 2021, 09:47:26 »
Skills/default/defaultskills.dbr DOESN'T work in my mod. If it works at all, it doesn't work for me.

I restored flex, allpetattack and taunt to each mastery skill tree.

I'm really tired of this kind of thing.

Why you should add default skills to each mastery instead pushing one skill in one mastery tree? Allpetattack skill in TQAE located at defense tree, i guess it can work at scroll tree as well. No need to duplicate same skill 11 times.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #196 on: 26 June 2021, 15:43:49 »
* facepalm *

As long as the skill has 1 point in it, it will be accessible to the player as all skill trees exist in the player files simultaneously. Duh.

Thanks for reminding me.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: 26 June 2021, 20:45:09 »
« Last Rated on: 26 June 2021, 21:05:27 »
I am uploading the newest build to MEGA.

If you are playing Storm, visit a Mystic and remove all your skill points from the Ice Golem skill line as they no longer exist before installing the update.

Well, Ice Golem base skill does, but it's level 6 now.

However, I think this is the last update as the alpha test seems to have been a great success and many bugs have been found and fixed. The game mod is playable at all which is all I wanted to achieve.

Thank you all for all the bug reports you have made, I appreciate the time and effort to play a buggy mod and not just rage quit lol :))

Please feel free to post any game breaking bugs here though as there might still be some out there.

I have a few very big projects I would like to focus on now including:

• Boss treasure chest spawns. I will probably restore vanilla quest files and separate my mini-boss quest files for chest swaps so if there's a problem I can simply point at THQNordic/Pieces from now on.
  • Moving all player skills to a unique directory. (breaks all existing characters)
  • Making more sets for MIs in Atlantis and Ragnarok.
  • Making plain MI equipment so I can have vendors sell MIs but they will spawn as normal magical items mostly making the easy purchase of MIs a little harder so as not to make people OP too soon.
  • Add MI vendor to Egypt and Muspelheim. Update Atlantis and Prison of Souls vendors to include Hades MIs.
  • Trying to get the Psionic Touch skill line to work in my mod  ::)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: 26 June 2021, 21:06:30 »
@Bumbleguppy thanks for update! sounds great. :)

One question - did you just forget run archive compaction in ArtManager or it is just not work for you? (There is again unnecessary big arc files).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: 26 June 2021, 21:15:11 »
Oops! Yes, I forgot...and forgetting things is going to get worse before it gets better, I will be 58 this month lol :))

Okay, the Levels.arc went from 1.4GB to 0.47GB. lol, you'd think it would be optimized automatically, like "What if we had something that automate redundant tasks, like some seried of computer commands that would execute without having to manually run it every time?" Wow, what a crazy idea! :D

Should finish uploading the compacted version in another 15 minutes from now.
« Last Edit: 26 June 2021, 21:20:31 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: 26 June 2021, 21:38:19 »
Oops! Yes, I forgot...and forgetting things is going to get worse before it gets better, I will be 58 this month lol :))

Okay, the Levels.arc went from 1.4GB to 0.47GB. lol, you'd think it would be optimized automatically, like "What if we had something that automate redundant tasks, like some seried of computer commands that would execute without having to manually run it every time?" Wow, what a crazy idea! :D

Should finish uploading the compacted version in another 15 minutes from now.

This is relatively easy to make automated (not from ArtManager side, but you anyways pack to zip mod somehow, I feel what you do this manually, but again this can be done again automatically in single click, you just need download few tools for that and do not forget to use this). :) I guess I'm can help with this.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: 26 June 2021, 22:25:27 »
@Bumbleguppy in the area where now located Davy Jones again if teleported out, then can't return back.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #202 on: 27 June 2021, 01:39:42 »
Congrats for the new update!

I started a paladin ( defense + storm)

I loved the shieldmaiden alot in the previous version, now i love it more, not sure why but maybe how cool it looks! It remains me as well the Armored spirit from cd version as he cast taunt and club slam into the hordes of enemies ah, sweet

Im lv 9 at tegea, i maxed shieldsmaiden at lv 16 and she looks strong, i guess being ghost also helps versus some heroes as tegean skelleton and Arachne Maiden spider boss.

One quest, did you removed the spiders from the last waves on Fetid Lair ? I only found the Arachnos that throws the poison bombs. i also noticed the shieldsmaiden rushing into a invisible monster i could see as named as Orbbed crawler probably it was the web, i think.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: 27 June 2021, 01:54:34 »

One quest, did you removed the spiders from the last waves on Fetid Lair ? I only found the Arachnos that throws the poison bombs. i also noticed the shieldsmaiden rushing into a invisible monster i could see as named as Orbbed crawler probably it was the web, i think.
I noticed that, too. But I haven't modified those files from vanilla, it's some sort of bug...I will go in and see what I can do, maybe change the mesh.

EDIT: Oops, I guess I did change the mesh. I wanted to make them blackwidows but something went wrong. So I gave them their original mesh and Master Archer Machae controller and the Arachnos venom bolt skill.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2021, 02:01:25 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: 27 June 2021, 02:02:53 »
Probably its the mesh. Try change their mesh and take a look on the editor, to see if shows up.

Edit : nevermind i checked your edit
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: 27 June 2021, 02:12:52 »
Yeah, I just decided to make a new mesh using the blackwidow and add the Boss Aura effect. I found that there's a texture at the very bottom of the spider directory blackwidowqueen which I used for the main boss and the web slingers are plain black widow but all have the aura effect.

Anyone notice I changed the webs skill on the spiders? I made a skill_defensivewall like Rune Mines and an AoE projectile using the cobweb2 mesh so that there's no more of that summons living after their master died bug so you can complete the quest.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2021, 02:14:34 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: 27 June 2021, 12:43:55 »
All spiders that throws webs ? Or just from the quest ones ?

Coming into Monster Warcamp before Athens, everyhting so good so far. I got a crash when i was facing the monsters in the big camp next to centaurs camp before the rebirth fountain, probably is just a random crash. As i never had one in there with my various runs.

Im wondering hows pets restistance , is scaling up lvs or its always static ? im terms of vulnerability, it increase per lv or its stays the same ?

Edit: I found the Cyclops cave boss in normal, he was lv 30, did you put it back in normal ?

Edit 2: Woah! Davey Jones chest was very but very nice , dropeed alot of yellows and 2x blues

Edit 3: My shieldmaiden and my 3x storm wisps and thunder wisp were able to defeat goblincatcher spider without much issue, probably they are good versus poison dmg, i think her egg nest majestic chest can be improved, as it only dropped couple yellows and few pottions
« Last Edit: 27 June 2021, 13:50:56 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: 27 June 2021, 18:22:40 »
Speaking of Frost Wisps, something has occurred to me that's never come up before.

If the Frost Wisps have a debuff aura that lowers enemy cold resist and there are three of them now attacking an enemy, is the effect additive or does the game apply only the highest level version?

That's how I would have done it, but I don't know.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: 27 June 2021, 18:42:26 »
Pet resistance ended up completely  static.

As I added skills and equipment bonuses over time, I just kept lowering the epic and legendary bonuses (in petgamebalanceattributes especially) until they are gone now. No penalty increases either.

Whatever resistances a pet starts with is all they have unless they have a secondary skill you add points to. Every pet has it's own resistance file and it's in their skill tree at level 1 across all levels of the pet files. Most have a "weakness" penalty to one or two damage types.

Keep in mind that side quest resistance bonuses (well, almost all of them) grant a resistance bonus to pets as well.

EDIT: Yes, all spiders that cast webs. The ones that shoot a ball used to spawn an invisible pet with a buff radius toggle skill. I changed it to a pet that dies instantly and has the new web skill set in their ondeath ability.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2021, 18:45:09 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: 27 June 2021, 19:40:31 »
Okay, i notice now the web shoot, it neat!

I just completed few moments ago 1st Act,  shieldsmaiden and wisps numbers are a complete strong army, while shieldsmaiden taunt/aggro monster groups, the wisps just kept casting their debuffs and aoes then, lets see how it  be Egypt as it have more fire type monsters.

Didnt resummon the wisp as often as skelletons not trying to compare then as they are different , mostly when i faced the Lighting Automaton champions.

Both satyr necromancer and brute mini boss in the warcamp before gorgons have same name, in case is not intended.

No issues or crash during my gameplay.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal