Author Topic: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!  (Read 48477 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Accolon

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!
« Reply #150 on: 19 June 2021, 21:02:12 »
AH, no...the PETS fall through the bridge. You had me nervous for a second...that's a base game issue that's always been around.
At first the avatar fell, but, running back and forth, got out. Then the pets decided to fall.
Again with the quest command "hide" NOT hiding anymore. SO if the quest command "hide" no longer "hides", I basically have to rework all the quests.
Yes, this is found in the game not only in the case of the high priest. Is it possible to remove the possibility of initiating a dialogue after quest command "hide"?
I wonder if I can use "Kill creature X" on the high priest? I think he deserves it, but that's just me. :)
In my opinion, he thinks otherwise and therefore hid. ^-^

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #151 on: 19 June 2021, 22:10:04 »
Yes, this is found in the game not only in the case of the high priest. Is it possible to remove the possibility of initiating a dialogue after quest command "hide"?

Hmm, intriguing idea...perhaps, perhaps.

If I create a blank Dialog file in the database...no, wait!

There it is...in the orient journal quest I remembered that the monster in the woods quest, the quest giver in the great wall town's dialog and illumination disappear when you complete the quest, so I opened the quest file and there IS a command "Clear X's Dialog" that does it all.

Easy Peasy.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: 19 June 2021, 23:48:29 »

Not sure if just on my side i had some fps drops time to time when i was fighting Thrym, i might check again later.
Let me know, I can't imagine what would be causing it. Maybe that spawn of icicles is too many or something?

I went fighting Thrym again, and i got the fps drops, from what i can understand when he tried to cast the close ice crystals circle the game lagged then it went normal again, after that he casted for the 2nd time the ice crystal again and it was okay, in 4th time he tried to cast it the game lagged but nothing appear and just one show up.

But its better to wait until someone else can confirm or backup this sentence, it can be at my end as well.

Side note : It is okay to complain about Troll King ? For a side boss he have to many regeneration and dmg, oh also you can just take the quest iten in the bonepile as isnt locked. Probably that was the ideia for the devs when did that boss.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2021, 23:52:06 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: 20 June 2021, 00:14:15 »
You can complain about anything you want my friend, alpha testing my mod AND working tirelessly on Titanomachy mod? Yeah, you've earned the right.

I was just talking this out with my wife, she's a great listener and I think about things better sometimes when I can talk them through. I guess I get so stuck in the problem I can't see a solution and talking it out gets me out of the problem.

Anyway, several months ago or more...I don't remember, I massively reduced the number of monsters that spawn. I changed the proxypool equations etc. Mostly because the game no longer can provide a good frame rate like it used to in my opinion.

What I haven't done is rebalance the skills and bosses and equipment to reflect the lower levels players will have when they get to a boss.

There's so many little things that all flow together to create just the right balance and changing the spawn rate threw it all off.

So I will nerf the Troll King but rebalancing will take time. Each of the bosses skills have to be examined for damage and how frwequently they use it. etc.

Please have patience.

EDIT: Anyone would be in their rights to say this mod isn't ready for alpha testing, so I could understand that and if you don't want to test anymore, it won't affect how much I play the mod or work on getting it the best I can. :)

EDIT: Oh, BTW, here's the vanilla regen rate for the Troll King:
100.000000;400.000000;1000.000000
« Last Edit: 20 June 2021, 00:17:56 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: 20 June 2021, 00:29:23 »
I think i used the word in a wrong way.

The i way i want to mean is about Troll King case, how about he is in vanilla, just my personal experience during in vanilla. Feels like a pouching bag.

In vanilla he have a huge value  in hp recovery as base status, making the fight kinda long if you dont have the dmg burst. That is the issue i see.

The mod is well made and very smooth, i smilled when i saw some elements in this case some monsters from the CD version and older versions , scorpos commander for exmple, sometimes it comes to my memory the previous discussions and even topic on the older forum, it feel the period of space betweens versions were none.

LOC will always have a special place on my heart.

Edit : The troll king experience is similar to phantasm in Mimmer dungeon, the speallbreaker casted on death, Vanilla shinigans i think :p
« Last Edit: 20 June 2021, 00:34:28 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: 20 June 2021, 00:40:23 »
The phantasms in Mimer's dungeon? Oh, don't get me started. I created a non-champion version that when he expoldes, he has the same EFFECT as spellbreaker, but it doesn't de-buff you, just mana burn and disruption.

I hate those guys SO MUCH.

EDIT: Idon't even care, I just went in and changed ALL the Phantasms to have my custom fake spellbreaker, no more debuffing in MY mod. Well, sometimes.

I am even toying around with the idea of having spellbreaker as a chest trap ma ha ha, can you imagine?

Aslo, I just got fed up and went into my editor and added 3 archery targets and a hanging dummy to Helos so I can test things with new characters.
« Last Edit: 20 June 2021, 00:51:25 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: 20 June 2021, 00:52:12 »
When i was exploring Mimmer Dungeon , I just was looking at my pets UI icons and see their mana go up and go down in few moments. Ah

The phantasm tend to go close to player often, i think its a cool thing the devs did for a suicide type monster.

Edit : When i was reading the spellbreaker as chest trap i just remind the Greek Orator boss with his sleep aoe radius ah, not sure why
« Last Edit: 20 June 2021, 00:56:23 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: 20 June 2021, 01:14:20 »
Because they are both annoying? :))

@郝玉龙 I just tested the RIng of Flame (with the new archery targets in Helos, yay!) and your observation was correct.

The Skill_BuffRadiusToggled.tpl template and the debuff template (ala Deathchill Aura) doesn't get a boost to any damage it causes to enemies. I always wondered why  Deathchill didn't do Vitality the way Ring of Flame did fire, now I know. It's bugged. All damage should be affected by +% to that damage type EXCEPT Skill_BuffRadiusToggled.

So I tore out the skill and replaced it with vanilla, increased the level cap and added the values for +10 over max.

However, Coredweller's Ring of Flame DOES lower enemy fire resistance still, so there's that.

Oh, I also added 1/3 of the base skill as burn damage to Soften Metal.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: 20 June 2021, 06:19:32 »
I am uploading the latest build to MEGA and writing this as I wait.

郝玉龙 said that the Rune Golems were "weak", So I decided to play Runemaster as first mastery. I'll be frank, I don't care for Runemastery as it doesn't suit my personal playstyle, but for the sake of testing I did.

I've played Runemaster as a second mastery before (with Nature, of course):
Spoiler for Hiden:

and to be honest, it is a really rough start as a petmancer with Runemaster. So I played around with their skills. I moved War Rune down to tier 3 skill level. It should be easiER, not as easy as Earth for example.

But I do know that Rune Golem is probably the most powerful summon in the game ultimately. Max +10 skills you get 4 and they get super fast and hit hard, the resists and regen from their inherent Runeweapon when they charge up and War Rune boosts life and speed for survivability. It's really quite fun if a little different style of summons :)

The trade off is a lack of control, which suits the theme of a true Golem.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: 20 June 2021, 06:27:59 »
thank you,The new version uploaded is only 720M ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: 20 June 2021, 06:54:58 »
1、Earth Mastery:Ring of Flame ( pet),+% Fire Damage invalid.
Use skills:Earth Enchantment, Ring of Flame(skill) The damage will not increase。     

Pet skills still don't work。(Pet)  game player √    Pet ×

2、Defense Mastery:Shield Clang
Slamming shield and weapon making a ringing sound, a shockwave races out from the caster damaging and stunning enemies all around.

After releasing this skill, the screen will tear。It's fuzzy,The screen keeps shaking。

This problem has not been fixed。

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: 20 June 2021, 06:55:22 »
Huh.

Yeah, I guess it is.

I went back to look at the older backup and the Levels.arc was 817 MB, now the Levels.arc is only 468MB.

I don't know.  ???

EDIT:

I just created a test character and tested Shield Clang. There's no shaking and no "tearing". Cannot duplicate issue. Works as expected.

EDIT 2: Coredweller's Ring of Flame will remain as it is. End of discussion.
« Last Edit: 20 June 2021, 07:02:30 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: 20 June 2021, 07:04:09 »
Huh.

Yeah, I guess it is.

I went back to look at the older backup and the Levels.arc was 817 MB, now the Levels.arc is only 468MB.

I don't know.  ???

EDIT:

I just created a test character and tested Shield Clang. There's no shaking and no "tearing". Cannot duplicate issue. Works as expected.

Please observe it carefully
Detail Level:
If your choice is:High,The screen will be very fuzzy。It needs to be looked at carefully。

If your choice is:Medium、Low。It will be very obvious。The screen will shake。

ESC---Options Menu---Graphics---Detail Level(High、Medium、Low)
« Last Edit: 20 June 2021, 07:09:51 by 郝玉龙 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: 20 June 2021, 07:37:41 »
https://mega.nz/file/xAJk1b6a#4YA2m5J9NiQgCWVamzo88ZqmCgTbGfOQuyC6Kk7IAF0

Take a look at this video。 The shaking is very serious。

2,These skills are still only + 4,there is no repair。
I don't know if you forgot or plan to repair it later。

Dream Mastery:Psionic Touch、Phantom Strike。

Warfare Mastery:tagLoCPetSkill073=Onslaught (Pet)

Defense Mastery:1、Shield Clang、2、Defensive Reaction、3、Disable

Runes Mastery: 1、Unleash 2、Reckless Offense  3、Sacred Rage  4、Frightening Power 5、Rune Storm 6、Runeword: Explode  7、Runeword: Burn  8、Thunder Strike

3、Rune Golem:Attack damage does not show numbers。(Don't show attack damage numbers)Can this be repaired?

4、Defense Mastery:Guardian's Bulwark(skill),+16  learn skills。The skill tree shows + 10 to learn skills。

thank you!
« Last Edit: 20 June 2021, 14:48:40 by 郝玉龙 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #164 on: 20 June 2021, 10:48:11 »
I don't know.  ???

Safest way to add or update file within .arc file - is *append* file to end of archive file, and mark old archive entry as removed. This means what if file was 400mb - after appending it becomes 800mb (this is simplified for sure). This is shown below:

Code: [Select]
W:\GX\loca2>..\bin-0.3.1\gx-arc info Levels.arc
                       Format: 1 (tq) (zlib)

# of Entries: 2
                 Total Length: 1,455,526,345 bytes
      Total Compressed Length: 479,420,045 bytes (32.9%)
  # of Non-Compressed Entries: 0
         # of Removed Entries: 1

# of Chunks: 5,553
             # of Used Chunks: 5,553
        # of Unordered Chunks: 0

# of Free Segments: 1
           Free Segment Space: 479,418,740 bytes

Can Compact: Yes
               Can Defragment: No

(Notice on # of free segments).

Or same with ArchiveTool (see active files):

W:\GX\loca2>ArchiveTool.exe Levels.arc -stats
Archive statistics:
    2 file entries
    1 active files
    index size: 66809 bytes
    longest filename: 35
    table size: 31
    maximum table depth: 1
    average depth 1.00

So, just running `ArchiveTool.exe Levels.arc -compact` will trim unnecessary free space from .arc files. [And you should do it for everything before publishing :) ]

Mine utilities (gx-arc/gx-arz) allows do same things, but optionally allowing recompress data chunks, which results in slight smaller output file (example below runs on already compacted file), repack done in 2 minutes on 4 core CPU :) :

W:\GX\loca2>..\bin-0.3.1\gx-arc optimize --repack Levels.arc
Optimized:
   Input Archive Size: 479,488,809 bytes
  Output Archive Size: 462,157,243 bytes (96.4%)

PS: Subsequent archive updates may reuse free space or probably ArtManager can trigger compaction on some condition. Also ArtManager Archive->Compact probably will do this for you.
« Last Edit: 20 June 2021, 11:12:18 by lixiss »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal