Author Topic: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!  (Read 48408 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!
« Reply #135 on: 18 June 2021, 17:50:21 »

Edit 4:

Blank Reward after saving Giiiiiiseeelll

See? DO YOU SEE?! I'M NOT CRAZY!

This quest is NOT in my mod, the RewardItemTagNormal/Epic/Legendary in the quest file "Misc" at the quest root is "tagRelicShard" which is what should show up in that screenshot for the reward, it's a tag from the base game and is used for the Dowry quest since the game's first release!

NOT MY FAULT! HA HA HA

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #136 on: 18 June 2021, 17:51:39 »
Shadowmaw,It will only appear once。I played 20 times,Never met。 :'(
« Last Edit: 18 June 2021, 17:54:22 by 郝玉龙 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: 18 June 2021, 18:07:35 »
Proxy file NOT in my mod. Proxy pool file NOT in my mod. The fact that this monster isn't spawning is not my doing.

I imported the files and it is set to run 100%. I have met shadowmaw on every run through (when I bother to go in that cave).

So I don't know what to do.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: 18 June 2021, 18:12:07 »
Proxy file NOT in my mod. Proxy pool file NOT in my mod. The fact that this monster isn't spawning is not my doing.

I imported the files and it is set to run 100%. I have met shadowmaw on every run through (when I bother to go in that cave).

I think 100% is acceptable。

By the way, have you seen the seven questions I mentioned above?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: 18 June 2021, 18:24:52 »

4、tagQuestSkillFlex=Flex!
tagQuestSkillFlexDesc=Show off your beautiful and prodigious physique! Your adoring fans will love you!
I want to ask what the skill does work?

Its just for fun, do not have any batle value.

Its like a show off tecnhique :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #140 on: 18 June 2021, 19:28:29 »

Shadowman should already spawned at 100%. Shadowman is not a champion (so original champion's chance 10% is not applicable). Most likely (but need check in editor and i'm lazy to do this) this is unified proxy (ala- proxy group in editor), and engine chooses which proxy to use once when engine starts (e.g. this choice changed only by restarting whole game, not just exit in game menu and start mod again). E.g. something similar happens in Megara Bluff where we see Satyrs OR Maenads, but this choice changes only after game restarts.

PS: I'm just run around this place right now and first run in cave - no shadowman, restarted game & shadowman appears.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2021, 19:42:47 by lixiss »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: 18 June 2021, 19:33:27 »
Ye i think or it appears Shadowmaw or a group of Orthrus + bats.

Its all about RNG.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: 18 June 2021, 20:17:22 »
By the way, have you seen the seven questions I mentioned above?
Yes.

Fixed Trance of Convalescence and set to the right skill tier of 3.

Please only list bugs, the development thread here: https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1466.0 is for ideas like the Warfare Dual Wield ideas.

I have already said I will address the treasure chest respawning later as it is a big project. Please stop posting this.

The "All Pets Attack Skill" doesn't show up at all when you try to assign it to the hotbar. Why?

I did not import the skill  XPack3/skills/allmasteries/skill_allpetattack.dbr to my mod, so I did and took a look at it.

It is a new template, introduced with Atlantis DLC I assume, named Skill_AllPetAttack.tpl.

So I look in the XPack/Creature/PC/Malepc01.dbr and checked the SkillTree list and open every skill tree in the list from all the masteries skill trees to all the Scroll skill trees to all the Quest skill trees and it isn't in any of them.

One thing I noticed spending this time I could be doing other things, is that with the beta patch (I downloaded and extracted the database from the beta) the skill "Taunt" no longer appears in the mastery skill trees at all.

Huh?  That was how it was set up after Atlantis was first released as I am using that extracted database, and that's how I implemented my Flex skill was adding it to every mastery skill tree. (this causes a "duplicate skill" error in game, but fails silently)

While fooling around trying to understand how "Taunt" is now implemented, I stumbled upon a new skill tree in Records/Skills/default directory: defaultskills.dbr.

What? So I imported the file and Lo And Behold there is Taunt and AllPetsAttack skills listed in all their glory.

So the devs have implemented a NEW skill tree that is assigned to the player independently of the mastery or the PC file and from the start of the game.

Awesome! So the first thing I did was remove "Taunt" from my existing mastery skill trees. Boot up the game and et viola, there it is...taunt is available to assign to a hotbar slot and works.

So I did it with "Flex". Yep, showed up and works.

But still "AllPetsAttack" does NOT. It didn't when it wasn't in my mod and it doesn't when in my mod. I copied and pasted it to another directory and added it to the defaultskills.dbr and nothing, doesn't show up in game.

So I don't know what the problem could be or a solution, BUT I am very happy I went looking, the defaultskills.dbr is very exciting and can be used for skills like the "Rest" skill from Underlord. (which I am not going to implement, but you get the idea)

@lixiss Shadowmaw's proxy is UNIFIED?! Aw, geeze, why didn't I think of that? *Slaps forehead* That explains everything!

So I made a new proxy and deleted the old one and the other Demon/Orthrus ones and re-added them to the map because I don't know which unified proxy entry it belongs to (it's one long list for every one in the whole game you have to scroll through, good luck with THAT) so he should show up every time now.

EDIT: I added skillallpetattack to every mastery skill tree and it shows up in game and works. There is still the silent error going on in the background on game load because duplicate skills, but the all pets attack button has been restored. Sheesh, what an adventure.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2021, 20:34:21 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: 19 June 2021, 03:15:46 »
BUG
Earth Mastery:Ring of Flame (skill)(Characters + pets),+% Fire Damage invalid.
Use skills:Earth Enchantment, Ring of Flame(skill) The damage will not increase。     

original edition Effective(TQ 2.9),Fire damage bonus increases damage。

2、CHARMS and RELICS + Additional bonus with pet bonus(Complete Relic reward)(+Pet ability),Text embedded in the equipment disappears。Can this be repaired?

It can't be displayed,But it works(effective),It just doesn't display。

3、 x2tagGylfi_volva_B7  ,No text。    I don't know what that means。

« Last Edit: 19 June 2021, 04:34:04 by 郝玉龙 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: 19 June 2021, 06:23:19 »
BUG
Earth Mastery:Ring of Flame (skill)(Characters + pets),+% Fire Damage invalid.
Use skills:Earth Enchantment, Ring of Flame(skill) The damage will not increase。     

original edition Effective(TQ 2.9),Fire damage bonus increases damage。
Interesting. I wonder if this is why Deathchill Aura only does %current life damage as the skill buff radius toggled ignores +%to damage.

I will look into it.

2、CHARMS and RELICS + Additional bonus with pet bonus(Complete Relic reward)(+Pet ability),Text embedded in the equipment disappears。Can this be repaired?

It can't be displayed,But it works(effective),It just doesn't display。
This has been a bug since the original game was released and no one has ever found a fix.

3、 x2tagGylfi_volva_B7  ,No text。    I don't know what that means。

This is a full text dialog tag from Ragnarok. It works for me. Probably from the restored "Spectral Wolf" quest. Many bugs for quest text display are happening, yet I've changed nothing.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: 19 June 2021, 09:22:19 »
1、Defense Mastery:
tagLoCPlayerSkill024=Shield Clang
tagLoCPlayerSkillDesc024=Slamming shield and weapon making a ringing sound, a shockwave races out from the caster damaging and stunning enemies all around.

After releasing this skill, the screen will tear。It's fuzzy,The screen keeps shaking。

Detail Level:
High:It's fuzzy
Medium、Low:The screen keeps shaking。

2、tagLoCItemTorso011=The Golden Fleece,equipment No photos(No pictures)。

3、Lowest of the Low(task)
tagRumorEg5DescC=A dignified man in rags stood before a crowd of poor beggars.  He pleaded for help clearing monsters from their flimsy, unprotected homes outside the city walls.  His gift of thanks was?unexpected.  Who was that man?{^n}{^n}{&b}Rewards:{^n}{^a}Normal:{&s}{^w} +3% Permanent Player and Pet Energy Leech Resistance{^n}{&b}{^y}Epic:{&s}{^w} +5% Permanent Player and Pet Energy Leech Resistance{^n}{&b}{^m}Legendary:{&s}{^w} +7% Permanent Player and Pet Energy Leech Resistance{^n}

actually:My reward
Normal:5% Permanent Energy Leech Resistance。           instead of:+3% Permanent Player and Pet Energy Leech Resistance。(Not this)
« Last Edit: 19 June 2021, 14:13:22 by 郝玉龙 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #146 on: 19 June 2021, 10:00:39 »
A few things I found yesterday.

The Poisoned Spring quest wouldn't complete for me because some spider webs kept respawning in this area. Had to kill those as well before it completed.

When you're near the area where the Ragnarok expansion butts on to the original map when teleporting the North shows up and the personal portal is on there rather than on the Greece map.

This bone pile was almost invisible. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: 19 June 2021, 12:42:31 »
The bonepile is a conflict terrain issue in TQ since 2.8 or 2.9, some chests and bonepiles are almost above ground.

I advanced bit during this morning with my conjurer.

Mimir is bit to tanky, took some minuts and 2x crushing vortex scrolls to take it down.

Nidhoggr , i wasnt able to defeat yet, but its seens a bit like Mimir and i think he summons so many undead in short period of time, in 3 minuts all the arena was full of minions my pets were just to confused to know what to do , just like me ahah.

Not sure if just on my side i had some fps drops time to time when i was fighting Thrym, i might check again later.

Bracers Of Alfheim MI is missing Bonus to pets discription

Edit: One of ghosts that Nidhoggr summons is called Blood Golem
« Last Edit: 19 June 2021, 12:45:45 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Accolon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: 19 June 2021, 15:17:57 »
Characters fail on a new centaur bridge.
High priest questor does not die, but becomes invisible.
If you put the portal in this location of the dungeon of the yellow emperor, then will not be able to return through it, since it is not in the list of portals
In this place of the dungeon, the portal is on the return list - all OK

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: 19 June 2021, 18:23:15 »
actually:My reward
Normal:5% Permanent Energy Leech Resistance。           instead of:+3% Permanent Player and Pet Energy Leech Resistance。(Not this)
Ah ha, yes, the reward skill file had the wrong values.

The Poisoned Spring quest wouldn't complete for me because some spider webs kept respawning in this area. Had to kill those as well before it completed.
This is really weird as the skill the spiders cast was reworked for Ragnarok or Anniversary fairly recently (recently for us veterans, anyway) and changed to a "SpawnPet" where all those webs are invisible monsters with a web decoration effect that have an attack radius skill that slows and lowers defense ability. The file clearly has a 0 in the "survive master death" setting, and yet they survived their master's death. Not my skill, not my idea and definitely not my fault.

Anyway, I originally thought to set their lifetime to 16000 in the summoned web monster's monster file, but then I just made a skill defensive wall area of effect and used the cobweb mesh as the projectile mesh and it works. Of course, I forgot to remove the fire damage from the skill I copied so all the monsters died during testing. Poor test monsters. :)

When you're near the area where the Ragnarok expansion butts on to the original map when teleporting the North shows up and the personal portal is on there rather than on the Greece map.

You are subscribed to the beta. I was, too, and had these same issues and more, some cosmetic like wisps having weird shader issues, others game breaking like teleport maps. I ended up unsubscribing from the beta just so I could play my mod at all...but the patch had corrupted all my player saves with all sorts of weird issues. It was so bad I uninstalled and reinstalled the GOG version (I'm not even going to touch my Steam version for now). But it was not enough. I ended up deleting every save file of every character. I only have one test character in legendary right now, it takes a while to get back up to speed.

@sauruz already pointed out the issue with the bonepiles. If you check the map editor, it's a new issue where the proxy will spawn a bonepile/shrine/chest fixed item and the item appears EXACTLY where the proxy is and doesn't adjust it's height to the mesh anymore.

So if it's REALLY bad you can go into the map editor and nudge the proxy up or down and then the spawn is okay. There's too many for me to try to do this and it's a base game issue.

Mimir is bit to tanky, took some minuts and 2x crushing vortex scrolls to take it down.

Nidhoggr , i wasnt able to defeat yet, but its seens a bit like Mimir and i think he summons so many undead in short period of time, in 3 minuts all the arena was full of minions my pets were just to confused to know what to do , just like me ahah.
I will look into nerfing them.

Not sure if just on my side i had some fps drops time to time when i was fighting Thrym, i might check again later.
Let me know, I can't imagine what would be causing it. Maybe that spawn of icicles is too many or something?

Bracers Of Alfheim MI is missing Bonus to pets discription

No, it doesn't have any values.

See, I just copied and pasted all the MI into another directory, changed their template to "Petbonus", then removed the armor value and any racial damage. As you can see here: https://www.tq-db.net/en/equipment/bracers-of-alfheim-normal , that's all these MI HAVE is player skill, armor and racial damage.

I had to think of something and since it's hunting, I just slapped in some pierce damage %. I've never found MIs in Ragnarok I would ever use. Well, the ones I have reworked, of course lol

Characters fail on a new centaur bridge.
AH, no...the PETS fall through the bridge. You had me nervous for a second...that's a base game issue that's always been around.

High priest questor does not die, but becomes invisible.

Again with the quest command "hide" NOT hiding anymore. SO if the quest command "hide" no longer "hides", I basically have to rework all the quests. I wonder if I can use "Kill creature X" on the high priest? I think he deserves it, but that's just me. :)

If you put the portal in this location of the dungeon of the yellow emperor, then will not be able to return through it, since it is not in the list of portals
Yes, I forgot to do that. thanks for finding that. I just fixed it in the map editor.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal