Author Topic: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!  (Read 48448 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!
« Reply #120 on: 17 June 2021, 19:47:36 »
Yeah, Goblinsnatcher is really hard, TPK (total party kill) is imminent. But I am keeping it that way. Got to have one or two difficulties, at least optional ones.

Many of these are super easy in Epic difficulty though, so I don't know.

I am nerfing the Athens Lich and the Pirate mini-boss right now in the DB.

There's a Nixie miniboss at the end of a river. The first river after the dark forest I think.

Remember that the real Ryewolf only appears when you find the wolf skull in a cave and return to that cul-de-sac overlooking the Battleground in Scandia. Having Spirit you shouldn't have any trouble.

I removed the Troglodyte Cyclops mini-boss from Normal difficulty altogether and just replaced him with a tough Cyclops proxy pool and an golden chest.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Mausi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #121 on: 17 June 2021, 19:49:34 »
During my journy in Greece the only bosses i couldnt defeat were Goblincatcher Spider and Cave Cyclops, the otheres were okay and maybe spirit helped a bit versus few of then ;D!

In Egypt the bosses i couldnt beat were the 2nd form Set Avatar and the Fire Betle , as fire mage i couldnt do much dmg yet versus it, so i skipped.

In Orient obvious answer

In Hades the ones , so far were alright

In Ragnarok, im only at Scandia so its early to say anything

Of course i dont use vault and will never use it, its not my thing.

Of course, it's always a question of class combination whether you can defeat certain enemies early on...I don't have to skip all of them, but didn't make the pirate boss, for example. With the Dread Robert (?) I re-skilled and then defeated him with hit and run, took a while, but was doable, as well as this Neride at the end of the coast after Megara.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #122 on: 17 June 2021, 19:54:26 »
Yeah, Goblinsnatcher is really hard, TPK (total party kill) is imminent. But I am keeping it that way. Got to have one or two difficulties, at least optional ones.

I am nerfing the Athens Lich and the Pirate mini-boss right now in the DB.

Its good, as they are placed off main road its alright in my book.

I miss the litle goblins trapped in Webs as cosmetic part tho.

I didnt find the Athens Liche, if is same spot as last version, or its not 100% spawn?

Right i forget the Green skelleton around tegea, what i suprise eheh

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Mausi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: 17 June 2021, 20:28:42 »
ok, I just did the olive branch quest. Since the quest is mandatory, I have to really grumble here now. The spider queen summons far too many spiders...In addition, they constantly drain energy, so I have almost zero chance against them...I had to collect 4 tombstones. In my opinion, something needs to be improved here...Reduce the summoned spiders, so its not so frustrating...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: 17 June 2021, 21:05:11 »
I can reduce the summoned spiders, that's fine...but the quest isn't mandatory. I always do it because you get a sweet elemental resist boost for doing it.

The first boss that is mandatory I believe is Alastor.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Mausi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: 17 June 2021, 21:24:43 »
ok...for me the quest is mandatory, it's just part of the game... ;) more than any of this new mini bosses...It doesn't make sense to leave all the bosses because they are too strong...I mean, the new mini-bosses, ok, but the mormal "quest" bosses shouldn't be quite so strong....btw - beat Davy Jones but the reward from the chest wasn`t that good...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: 17 June 2021, 21:50:48 »
Okay, okay I get it. :)

I have reduced the summoned spiders by half in normal difficulty and increased the time between her casting it. I will try to restore the same difficulty Arachne has in vanilla. I totally agree about how the game should flow and not be punctuated by frustrating monsters where you get stuck.

I'm sorry it was so frustrating Mausi. It was not my intention.

As a modder, I wish that the delay between monsters casting spells was an array so I could have them cast something more often in epic if I want to.

I will look at Davy Jones' treasure tables, it's important to have a good reward because he is very challenging.

I spent some time making webbed Eurynomus treasure chests for Goblinsnatcher's lair. They have the death sound and animation for the "open chest" animation lol. BTW they are locked until you beat the boss.

EDIT: @sauruz Athens Liche doesn't spawn in Normal difficulty at all.
« Last Edit: 17 June 2021, 22:04:03 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TimeWaster

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: 17 June 2021, 22:46:17 »
I always play ssf as well. Only bosses I had to skip were the cave cyclops and that blood worm in Egypt. God that blood worm thing was unkillable. Way too high dmg and hp leech/regen/whatever it has. The Wusao one was pretty tough as well, but I managed it somehow. Didn't even get an epic as a reward tho, lol. Starting Act IV atm.

Is Earth Rage the lvl 21 skill for Core Dweller? What does it do? Also, its description is tagSkillDescriptionSFM106. Core Dweller changes its texture to Magma Elemental texture before 21. Magma Sprite keeps the same texture all the way and both it and Magma Elemental have no yellow names. I haven't seen Magma Sprite cast any new ability since I got it above 21. Does it get a new one then?

Stone Form has 0% chance for burn and fire retaliation.

Got blown up by a trap from a mysterious orb. Didn't know those had them as well lol. A bug maybe?

Found a Marid hero with Ifrits in the Natu La Ridge cave, seemed out of place. Also an Ifrit hero with Djinnies in the Quinba Bamboo Forest cave.

Certain majestic chests don't unlock when you have Cinderbone from the ordnance summoned. Disbanding him fixes it though.

The Terra Cotta soldiers in Chang'an palace stand frozen in place for like a second even when you're in melee range and are also untargetable from a distance. Idk, seems odd to me.

Some ordnance amulets have "tagOrdnanceClass" names in schematics. ( bone charmer and runes+ something classes )

« Last Edit: 17 June 2021, 22:58:20 by TimeWaster »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: 18 June 2021, 04:14:54 »
I always play ssf as well. Only bosses I had to skip were the cave cyclops and that blood worm in Egypt. God that blood worm thing was unkillable. Way too high dmg and hp leech/regen/whatever it has. The Wusao one was pretty tough as well, but I managed it somehow. Didn't even get an epic as a reward tho, lol. Starting Act IV atm.
I will look at that worm, haven't run into him this version of the mod so ...

Is Earth Rage the lvl 21 skill for Core Dweller? What does it do? Also, its description is tagSkillDescriptionSFM106. Core Dweller changes its texture to Magma Elemental texture before 21. Magma Sprite keeps the same texture all the way and both it and Magma Elemental have no yellow names. I haven't seen Magma Sprite cast any new ability since I got it above 21. Does it get a new one then?
I fixed the tag for the skill description of Core Dweller.

Magma Sprite does get a new mesh and texture at level 17. I went into the textures and tweaked them a little today. I removed the Flame Surge from Magma Sprite and moved it to level 21. he also gets a melee attack that targets multiple enemies at level 21.

I didn't like the yellow text on my pets names after playing for a couple years so I removed it.

Stone Form has 0% chance for burn and fire retaliation.
Yeah, I noticed that yesterday and fixed it.

Got blown up by a trap from a mysterious orb. Didn't know those had them as well lol. A bug maybe?
I once thought it was a clever trick, but it really isn't for boss chests so I just removed them except the spiders that spawn from the spider minibosses of course.

Found a Marid hero with Ifrits in the Natu La Ridge cave, seemed out of place. Also an Ifrit hero with Djinnies in the Quinba Bamboo Forest cave.
Fixed it just now.

Certain majestic chests don't unlock when you have Cinderbone from the ordnance summoned. Disbanding him fixes it though.
Only way to get the star above Cinderbone. I have searched EXHAUSTIVELY for the little gold star above the hero monster's heads and had no luck, it must be in a .dll or something. So I made him a hero. IUf it bothers anyone that the chests are locked, then I have to remove the little star above his head.

The Terra Cotta soldiers in Chang'an palace stand frozen in place for like a second even when you're in melee range and are also untargetable from a distance. Idk, seems odd to me.
By design. I'm glad something surprises you.

Some ordnance amulets have "tagOrdnanceClass" names in schematics. ( bone charmer and runes+ something classes )
Yep, just went through the amulets and several were missing the tags in modstrings.

Thank you for finding the mistakes so I could fix them.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: 18 June 2021, 05:17:11 »
1、I hope to add a skill(Warfare Mastery),Increase the number of targets hit by dual weapon。Because there are so many monsters,Dual weapons, the number of monsters hit is too small。If I don't play with pets, it's hard。You can refer to a skill of SV mod。

Double Helix(Skill name),  Learn to leap up then spiral down, slashing all enemies around you with such speed and control that a whirlwind of energy strikes a second time as you hit the ground. ^n^y(You need two melee weapons for this skill to work)

12 maximum target quantity。

2、tagUniqueItem, There is no translation

3、x3tagSkillAllPetAttack=Pet Attack
x3tagSkillAllPetAttackDescription=Makes all pets attack the target
This skill comes with TQ  V2.9(Shortcut bar skills), I hope it can be added.

4、tagQuestSkillFlex=Flex!
tagQuestSkillFlexDesc=Show off your beautiful and prodigious physique! Your adoring fans will love you!
I want to ask what the skill does work?

5、Dream Mastery:Trance of Convalescence(skill),+16  learn skills。The skill tree shows + 10 to learn skills。

6、Hope to add special green equipment(Show affixes),Otherwise, it is difficult to judge whether it is:of the Tinkerer(affixes)。

7、All the Majestic Chest(BOSS Treasure chest),Only appear twice,Will disappear forever on the map。

« Last Edit: 18 June 2021, 16:27:58 by 郝玉龙 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Mausi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: 18 June 2021, 07:11:36 »
I'm sorry it was so frustrating Mausi. It was not my intention.

You don't have to apologize, the fun definitely outweighs here... ;)
but as you also said, if you get stuck in the game too often and just can't get past some boses at all, then it can get really annoying. I also might not have chosen the best class with the Juggernaut, a player from Discord doesn't have quite as many problems with his Conqueror. I'll keep biting me further through the game and reporting back - but you don't have to listen to anything I say or apologize for anything....

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: 18 June 2021, 08:35:29 »

Only way to get the star above Cinderbone. I have searched EXHAUSTIVELY for the little gold star above the hero monster's heads and had no luck, it must be in a .dll or something. So I made him a hero. IUf it bothers anyone that the chests are locked, then I have to remove the little star above his head.

Monster icon as star i think its found in this place, have you check this?

records/xpack/game/monstericons/monstericonset.dbr

records/xpack/game/monstericons/monstericonhero_msh.dbr

You can also add a boss icon as well! But i think its a global file, if you add you remove one it will affect all

Edit : I believe this topic can help about that matter as well
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=985.msg11355#msg11355

Edit 2: Theres a Rune Revenant Archer that is tagged as Arch Limos

Edit 3 :

It think never saw a iten name that long

Edit 4:

Blank Reward after saving Giiiiiiseeelll
« Last Edit: 18 June 2021, 11:18:58 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: 18 June 2021, 16:55:39 »

You can also add a boss icon as well! But i think its a global file, if you add you remove one it will affect all

Wow, that thread...I was the poster before that. My memory is getting worse every day...it's really quite disconcerting.

Luckily my wife is losing her memory too. We spend hours trying to remember the names of movie stars until we both give up and search on Google lol followed by the "face palm" OF COURSE! And then do it all over again next time lol

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: 18 June 2021, 17:15:12 »

Wow, that thread...I was the poster before that. My memory is getting worse every day...it's really quite disconcerting.

Luckily my wife is losing her memory too. We spend hours trying to remember the names of movie stars until we both give up and search on Google lol followed by the "face palm" OF COURSE! And then do it all over again next time lol

Its natural, it happends to me well, and with obvious answers as well ah

With so many detail and sources to know and remenber where it is and what it so, its normal to forget some of then.

Thankfully it just needs 1 click or hint to quickly remeneber , well more or less, what is the answer to it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: 18 June 2021, 17:36:19 »
Okay, it took me a few minutes to guess the Y Axis value and several trial and error, but I made a "prop" from the mesh for the hero star and attacched it to a new attach point in the mesh which I named "Star" (so creative) and now Cinderbone is set to "Common" but his name is made orange color in the modstrings.txt with {^O}.

Did the same for the diviner "Terrorbone" summons mesh.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal