Author Topic: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!  (Read 48425 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!
« Reply #90 on: 16 June 2021, 14:20:14 »
just discovered and immediately downloaded...Discovered the first bug:

ok, is it intentional that i get 650 Exp when i come to the first npc with his horse?

If the bug already exists, please ignore...I just post everything that seems wrong to me....

My download is completely normal and there are no errors。

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Mausi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #91 on: 16 June 2021, 14:22:42 »
I downloaded the full mod by now and will look if it works normally...Now it works fine...

Little error in description for "Pyrocastic burst" --> "should written "Pyroclastic...", right?
« Last Edit: 16 June 2021, 14:32:45 by Mausi »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #92 on: 16 June 2021, 14:24:54 »
That's the way this mod has always worked. BG gets us to L2 immediately on doing the first quest so we can get PETS! 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #93 on: 16 June 2021, 15:52:27 »
Cyclops down, almost.   ;D

Got a weird bug, not sure what caused it.  I hit some key on my keyboard and then my character kept constantly recasting the wolves every time he had enough energy to do so.  Also stutter stopped when trying to move.  It was really weird.  Had to exit the game to get rid of it.   :o

Edit: Forgot to say that Pirate Hook is just the normal green and not the olive green of an MI.  The Jolly Roger is olive green.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2021, 16:24:22 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TimeWaster

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: 16 June 2021, 18:00:42 »
Certain monster skills don't stun: war horn, lightning bolt, lightning ball, probably some others...

Spawns from necromancer monsters don't die when the caster is killed. Is this intentional? They used to die automatically before, if I recall correctly.

Is xp the only reward from the place of truth quest now? In the earlier versions you would get an epic staff or something. Doesn't bother me too much, just asking.

Honestly, I don't like that skeleton archers are a temporary summon now. Skeleton warriors and archers were pretty weak as is and spirit mastery altogether. They die all the time and constantly resummoning them is a pain. Now I see no point to level them at all. This is just my opinion, though.

Wolves from call of the wild have a completely gray texture when they are lvl 21+ and when you mouse over them, the tooltip still displays them as lvl 20.

You can climb this hill here.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: 16 June 2021, 18:30:58 »
Certain monster skills don't stun: war horn, lightning bolt, lightning ball, probably some others...

Spawns from necromancer monsters don't die when the caster is killed. Is this intentional? They used to die automatically before, if I recall correctly.

Is xp the only reward from the place of truth quest now? In the earlier versions you would get an epic staff or something. Doesn't bother me too much, just asking.

Honestly, I don't like that skeleton archers are a temporary summon now. Skeleton warriors and archers were pretty weak as is and spirit mastery altogether. They die all the time and constantly resummoning them is a pain. Now I see no point to level them at all. This is just my opinion, though.

Wolves from call of the wild have a completely gray texture when they are lvl 21+ and when you mouse over them, the tooltip still displays them as lvl 20.

I don't like that skeleton archers are a temporary summon now.  I totally agree with you,I don't like it, either。

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: 16 June 2021, 19:13:16 »
Well, I am spirit and earth class, and i disagree with skellies are weak.

Im right now at mid Act5 , being carried by skelletons and corey.

You can have 4 skelletons warriors, with investement they can kill and destroy big groups, of course in early game is hard to tell if a skill is weak or not. Skelleton archers are big bonus, you can place then when you want and they can shoot at will if you cast in safe place, plus they have faster attack rate and a aoe shout that do a big dmg to monster groups and big ones.

You must see the skelleton archers as bolt traps in vanilla, if you place then in right spot they are machine guns. Do not forget the CD of skelleton warrios is low so you can spam then fast. Probably is the intencion.

Also note that skellies are weak to fire, and fire is a common element in TQ :)

Edit 3 : I cant see why the dislike about being temporary the archers, the archers couldnt move anyway, so you had to resumon then when you moved to next group and 30 seconds is good timing for then.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2021, 19:24:11 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #97 on: 16 June 2021, 19:31:38 »
1、hello,Here are skills that can only be + 4(Only + 4 skills)
Some of the skills you listed were only +4, thank you.
3、task: The Poisoned Spring。The spider is killed and it disappears forever,It will not refresh again。
Yes.
4、Open the Sarcophagus , what is the probability of red boss?
I haven't got the exact number handy, but it is less than 0.1%.

5、Halcyon Coast (New map)     Aithousa ~ Daughter of Poiseidon,After using the Portal Stone, the Portal Stone will disappear。When I went back to sell equipment and wanted to send it back, he disappeared。(Portal Stone)
Yes, that zome needed to be added to the Megara zone.
tagRegionName45=Monster Encampment(New map) ,The same is true。Portal Stone,It's gone。
I don't know what area that is. The tag doesn't help me, either.

This is new. Stun is a basic game mechanic. All the skills you listed have the stun duration listed correctly when I open the files in the DB. Other paramaters such as skill radius, expansion time are all set correctly.

Yes, they survive the master after death. It is a setting in the template added after Ragnarok I believe.

No, and the same thing happened to me. I don't understand it, I mean I don'tknow where to begin with the tedious time consuming file searching task...I hate this game some times. It SHOULD work...but that's Titan Quest for ya.
@sauruz Hey sauruz, you want to comment on this? You are playing SPirit as well. I haven't played Spirit for a long time, since I tested the skills a few months ago.
A completely gray texture means that the texture is missing. Back in the disc install days before Anniversary Edition, they would be bright blue and yellow checkered and easy to spot when testing. I think the gray is so that if one goes missing or glitched, players won't complain.

Anyway, the texture was missing and I added it.

Also the character levels and stats on the Wolves over level 20 were all messed up so I just went in and fixed it after this post.

God*mmit.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: 16 June 2021, 19:40:37 »
i comment in the post before yours :p

I will try recording my next playing season and post here. But i think the skellies are fine
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: 16 June 2021, 19:52:45 »
The quest reward for Place of Truth is so bugged. I can't even get the reward text tag to show up in the quest file. Why that one quest? Why not the other quests that I added a reward text tag to? Why? I don't know. I never know with this game.

So I think I will re-engineer the whole quest reward mechanic to get around this stupid bug. I will spawn a treasure chest after the quest that contains the reward and give a big middle finger to this stupid buggy system.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Mausi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #100 on: 16 June 2021, 20:04:14 »
« Last Rated on: 16 June 2021, 21:38:37 »
I haven't gotten very far yet, but have already discovered two new areas - very nice, I really like it so far! Very good work, Bumbleguppy! :-*

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: 16 June 2021, 20:36:22 »

The only thing i complain is the mana needed for the spirit pets but its how it is from the previous versions so i need more mana pots

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: 16 June 2021, 20:59:51 »
"need more energy" lol

You need a couple points in Dark Covenant lol

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: 16 June 2021, 21:24:43 »
Since making the archers like Traps, I hadn't revisited the mana cost per summon. It was still balanced for permanent so I reduced the increase per level from 10 to 5, that should help with the mana pots.

I really enjoyed the video sauruz, thank you for that. :)

@Mausi just try to be careful, my mods are always dangerous in ways you don't expect mwa ha ha

EDIT: I spent the last couple hours re-engineering the reward for the place of truth quest. Now when you return to Memphis to complete the quest, a treasure chest spawns next to the quest giver and dispenses a single unique item from Act 2 tables for each difficulty.

@TimeWaster Oops, I thought you meant player skills, I am just so stressed out I'm not reading properly. Anyway, in order to prevent stun lock form mobs, I gave some monster lightning skills a 20% chance to stun instead of 100% chance. Lightning bolt didn't have any so I just added some.

Centaur War Horn doesn't have stun in normal difficulty.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2021, 21:46:18 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TimeWaster

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: 16 June 2021, 23:11:29 »

@TimeWaster Oops, I thought you meant player skills, I am just so stressed out I'm not reading properly. Anyway, in order to prevent stun lock form mobs, I gave some monster lightning skills a 20% chance to stun instead of 100% chance. Lightning bolt didn't have any so I just added some.

Centaur War Horn doesn't have stun in normal difficulty.

Interesting. Thanks for clarifying. Don't know how I never noticed that Centaur War Horn doesn't stun in normal, that's mb.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal