Author Topic: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!  (Read 48427 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!
« Reply #60 on: 14 June 2021, 22:47:18 »
My thoughts exactly, so I re-extracted the XPack SceneryHades .arc from my Steam directory into a new directory. I opened the vanilla mesh and then opened the latest Steam mesh and they are the same as far as texture paths. So I don't know what's going on...maybe the new texture was recompiled with a different Texture Compiler that is now incompatible with the base game or something. It wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #61 on: 15 June 2021, 00:28:11 »
Im probably im missing some clue,

Ive killed the three leader to unlock the barrier that is blocking the temple entrance but the game isnt reading the serpentoid leader death

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TimeWaster

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: 15 June 2021, 00:47:41 »
Greetings @Bumbleguppy,

I've been lurking around the forums for your mods for a few years now and always enjoyed playing lilith/loc. Figured I would post some bugs and suggestions now that I'm playing this new version. I really appreciate and respect the work you put into this.

I'm not sure if this is still a thing or maybe you fixed it, but I was able to put points into the killbot mechashield passive skill before I had 4 points in the rogue mastery.

The wolves weren't the only pets capped at +4. Horn of Apollo archer from warfare also seems to be capped at +4.

I was able to buy mi from the ninja merchant in Knossos even before I completed the pirate quest.

The mi seem to be way more common drops than usual, at least in Greece. Got like 4 or 5 full gorgon sets on one run through Greece.

Question about the cyclops boss you added in Greece. He seems way too strong and impossible to fight that early in the game. Are you supposed to come back to him later? I hate backtracking in tq, so it might just be me, but him spamming that rock throw attack which deals like 1.4k damage and with that huge aoe seems a bit too strong.

The 'of the tinkerer' suffix doesn't seem to do anything.

Venom Sac has one completion bonus that is +1 to invalid skill profile.

There seems to be an invisible wall here on this path, as you can't go down here.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: 15 June 2021, 00:52:17 »
I killed him again and it prompted the quest, try that.

I spent yesterday completely reworking that quest. I even put a failsafe quest step in case it bugs out so it will open the door when you restart.

IMHO the whole thing is a mess: the dual unified proxies, the proxies being in out-of-the-way almost hidden places, relying on "got token" which has always been buggy and happenstance.

...so I reworked all the quest steps so it doesn't matter which order you kill them but doesn't rely on the "got token" condition in the quest file. I also added journal entries for each step because I couldn't keep track between game session. I also disabled the proxy of each leader when you kill them the first time so you only kill them once. Since you only kill them once, I could put a boss treasure orb in each as well :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: 15 June 2021, 01:04:15 »
1、 After I killed two centaurs hero, Majestic Chest And it's gone forever。

The same is true of other boss, After killing the boss twice, Majestic Chest,It's not coming, it's gone。 

Thank you. Is this a bug?

By the way, how to upload pictures?
« Last Edit: 15 June 2021, 04:17:20 by 郝玉龙 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: 15 June 2021, 01:06:56 »
I did a quick peak on that area in the editor , earlier, yhea i see double or more of that serpentoid proxie , uff.

I did kill it three times with no result, its okay i will try defeat Hades and move out into Ragnarok. "finger cross"

Btw , i think lich king should have bit more resistance to crowd control ( petrify for exemple), watching lich king have same duration of petrify as my other pets is bit down as is CD is bit high.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: 15 June 2021, 01:16:10 »
Greetings @Bumbleguppy,

I've been lurking around the forums for your mods for a few years now and always enjoyed playing lilith/loc. Figured I would post some bugs and suggestions now that I'm playing this new version. I really appreciate and respect the work you put into this.

Welcome aboard, thanks for joining in the torture chamber of early alpha testing.

I'm not sure if this is still a thing or maybe you fixed it, but I was able to put points into the killbot mechashield passive skill before I had 4 points in the rogue mastery.

Whoops, nope this was an error in the skill file where the skill tier was still set to 1. I set it to 2, thank you for finding that.

The wolves weren't the only pets capped at +4. Horn of Apollo archer from warfare also seems to be capped at +4.
Yep, you're right. I just went in and fixed it.

I was able to buy mi from the ninja merchant in Knossos even before I completed the pirate quest.
Yeah, this is an issue with targeting invisible or hidden creatures that isn't something I can fix. The only solution I can think of is having a separate store in a cage and he unlocks the cage at the quest completion. Nothing I can do about the changes made  to game targeting.

The mi seem to be way more common drops than usual, at least in Greece. Got like 4 or 5 full gorgon sets on one run through Greece.

Yeah, this is a design issue, I may or may not reduce the drop rate later.

Question about the cyclops boss you added in Greece. He seems way too strong and impossible to fight that early in the game. Are you supposed to come back to him later? I hate backtracking in tq, so it might just be me, but him spamming that rock throw attack which deals like 1.4k damage and with that huge aoe seems a bit too strong.

I think I will just remove him from Normal difficulty altogether and make him an Epic/Legendary boss.

The 'of the tinkerer' suffix doesn't seem to do anything.

Yeah, this is an ongoing issue with that suffix. It's not my fault and the suffix is handled weirdly and inside the guts of the game engine I cannot access. It isn't a template or anything I can fix in the ArtManager in the database...I may end up just removing where I've added it to loot tables. I don't know.

Venom Sac has one completion bonus that is +1 to invalid skill profile.
Ah, yep. it was imported from an older mod version. Fixed, thank you. BTW it's Envenom Weapon skill bonus.

There seems to be an invisible wall here on this path, as you can't go down here.
Ha ha, it seems I got a little overzealous with the no-pass painting in the editor. My mistake, I erased the no-pass and rebuilt the map just now. It's refreshing to have a problem I made instead of game mechanics not working as they should.

@sauruz Okay, I get what you're saying about petrify etc. and I will look into Corey and Lichey. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: 15 June 2021, 11:21:23 »
hello!

1、Quit, restart the game will always exit,The game was forced to shut down。What is the reason?

2、 Will you think about hard mod version? In the future.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #68 on: 15 June 2021, 13:52:00 »
Darn you sneaky BG.  Forget your enjoyment of killing us.  On the way to the first Satyr boss with my Ranger planned character I opened a Primitive Chest, heard a noise, thought "What's that?" "Trap!" Dead at L2.  ;D

Hit a bug; just reached L8 with what will be an Elementalist and decided to take a point from the sprite at the Mystic in Sparta.  Having put a point into Earth and one into Coredweller the game won't allow me to choose a second mastery to use my remaining 2 points in.  Although it's flashing the Select Mastery tab it won't let me click on it.

Edit: Well, looks like my Elementalist is going to remain a Pyromancer only.  Even when reaching L9 it won't let me select another mastery.  So it seems taking a point from a skill at the Mystic before choosing a second mastery results in not being able to choose a second one at all. 

Edit: Looks like the only way to deal with it is to exit back to the character window and then re-enter the game again.  That allows the Select Mastery option to work.  Elementalist is now an Elementalist as I've added Storm to Earth. 
« Last Edit: 15 June 2021, 16:14:04 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: 15 June 2021, 13:54:12 »
@TimeWaster Please see this thread regarding posting screenshots on the forum.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=465.0

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TimeWaster

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: 15 June 2021, 15:30:30 »

I posted it exactly like that, except I didn't use that image resolution. Is that the problem? My apologies.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: 15 June 2021, 15:45:03 »
Some skills don't match the description
For example:
tagItemSkillName050=Pet Resists
tagItemSkillDesc050=Increses your summoned minions resistance to elemental and vitality damage.

Actually:It triggers poison damage and decelerates

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: 15 June 2021, 16:11:13 »

I posted it exactly like that, except I didn't use that image resolution. Is that the problem? My apologies.

Yes, it's best to use 800x600 option then it's not too big for the forum.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: 15 June 2021, 16:12:38 »
hello!

1、Quit, restart the game will always exit,The game was forced to shut down。What is the reason?

2、 Will you think about hard mod version? In the future.

It's crashing, I'm getting it too if I go back to the character window and then try and restart.  Game shuts down completely and have to restart it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: 15 June 2021, 16:46:00 »
Yeah, the game crashes when you restart from the main menu most of the time.

Every mod I make does that.

I don't have any idea how to fix it because I don't know why it does it, never have had an idea.

I thought I posted that in the OP that this mod crashes when you restart from the main menu.

I am never going to do a hard mod version of this mod. Ever.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal