Author Topic: Change an existing mods variables, like changing the "loot+expx4" mod to expx20?  (Read 3863 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline bernd

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Title should be self explanatory, I would simply take an existing mod and take the things that it changes anyways, like the exp gain, and edit it.

llike with the exp mods, changing it from x4 to x20 or even x100.

how can I do that?

I know how to use bounce mods in game (used the expx4 mod, still too slow for my taste though).

I know that art manager and the map creator thingie exist.

also saw some guides out there but they start with how to create custom maps, custom quests, etc.

I dont care about that stuff.

somewhere in the folder the mod must have one file where the "change exp gain to 4 times the normal amount" is somehow defined, right?

that place is where I want to go and simply change that 4 to, let's say, 50.

whats the easiest way to achieve that without going through a whole modding education including life long student debts (jsut a joke on the side)?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline bernd

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
jut for clarification:
I got a bit further.

Namely: I got myself the arz explorer 8or whateer it's called, the thing for arz files).

opened the mod in it.

searched for every game file in there and manipulated the "experienceequation".
normally it has the form *some stuff* times 7.

I changed it to times 100.

changed it that way in any game file I could find in there .

and saved the game file in the folder where it had been previously, overriding the old game file.

sadly that didnt change anything in game, mod still only does exp times 4.
whcih now should be more like exp times 57.

I would assume, assuuming that my approach is even the right one in the first place, that the existence of the old database.arz file is the issue.

can I jsut delete it and the game will take the infos from the extracted folders instead?
(for clarification, that mod has both the packed database.arz file AND it's extracted contents in there.)

or is there a way to take the (partially changed cause I changed the game.arz files in there) folders and pack them back into a .arz file?
and overwrite the existing database.arz file with that new one?

is that possible in one way or another?

or am i doing the wrong thing either way?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Alunder

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -3
Despite being an old topic, there is little information available on the internet, so maybe this will help someone.

I did a simple test by multiplying the final formula by 100 and it worked well. However this was just a test and I recommend playing between 2x~4x not to get too far from the level of other monsters.

To make it easier, download a "mod" with pre-formulated map, otherwise you'll need to create one in the editor. You will also need ARZExplorer to extract the files if they are compressed and ArtManager to edit the formula, you can even use Notepad++, but you will need to recompile with ArtManager.

records/game/gameengine.dbr (Change directly in xpack folder)

xpack/records/game/gameengine.dbr

experienceEquation,(((monsterLevel*15)+((monsterLevel-averagePlayerLevel)*(averagePlayerLevel/3.5)))*(1+(monsterExperience/100)))*100,

Usually other users multiply by 5, 7 or 10 and it improves a lot.  ;)
« Last Edit: 17 July 2021, 22:09:09 by Alunder »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Despite being an old topic, there is little information available on the internet, so maybe this will help someone.

I did a simple test by multiplying the final formula by 100 and it worked well. However this was just a test and I recommend playing between 2x~4x not to get too far from the level of other monsters.

To make it easier, download a "mod" with pre-formulated map, otherwise you'll need to create one in the editor. You will also need ARZExplorer to extract the files if they are compressed and ArtManager to edit the formula, you can even use Notepad++, but you will need to recompile with ArtManager.

records/game/gameengine.dbr

experienceEquation,(((monsterLevel*15)+((monsterLevel-averagePlayerLevel)*(averagePlayerLevel/3.5)))*(1+(monsterExperience/100)))*100,

You probably need test again, because right location is Records/XPack/Game/GameEngine.dbr. Since TQIT - game engine know nothing about original TQ's records/game/gameengine.dbr record and care only about one which i'm points. And yes, old record still landed in database together with other trash records which not used by game.

Usually other users multiply by 5, 7 or 10 and it improves a lot.  ;)

It is very unusual actually, and screw gameplay. Game perfectly doesn't need any XP boosts, and most likely TQAE requires 10-20% XP reduction, at least in early stages. Tuning this expression is bit tricky, because it is completely depends on monster levels, and auto-tune received XP (giving you additional bonus if you kill monster of higher level, or reduce XP if you kill more weak enemy). Regardless to multiplier, you will end what you 15 levels above monsters and stop receive XP.

Still, every one surely might play as it want, no offensive here.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Alunder

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -3
Right! I forgot to mention about the gameengine.dbr file inside the xpack folder, by the way I changed both just in case, but the gameengine.dbr file in the xpack folder is the right one.

records/xpack/game/gameengine.dbr

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal