Author Topic: Alpha tester bug reports  (Read 133994 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Alpha tester bug reports
« Reply #315 on: 18 January 2019, 15:11:38 »
I noticed the spiders summoned by Ghost widow boss, are not that aggressive instead they prefer walking around, being harmless against the player.

In rogue the skill is called "Summon Shadow daemon" when you select the summon is nammed as "Shadowdemon", i know it have the same meaning. Isnt really a bug our a typo, not sure now lol

Talking about Spiders, the  big spider hero attacking delphi before going to Parnassus, prefer attacking the immortals city guards, complety ignoring the player, isnt a bug tho, just to point thta out
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Akunde

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +10
« Reply #316 on: 19 January 2019, 13:35:44 »
Found a few things to report tonight:

1: Firstly, a piece of passable cavern wall in the cyclops cave outside of Megara:

Found here specifically:

2: Secondly, 2 weird bugs in the Athens catacombs where a visual glitch appears in the doorway as you walk down stairs. Happened on levels 3 and 4.

What it should look like:

And when you walk away a little bit:

Example of where I found it:

3: Another visual glitch in the catacombs:

Found here:

4: In the Minoan Labyrinth, a good portion of the map was showing while the rest was black. I seem to remember you taking the map away in a previous version (or doing something to obscure it at least).

5: Soul Carver has a typo under the Soul Touch text: "Cursed dark energy infuses the daster and nearby allies with life draining power.

6: Issue with the Sentinels set, the helm in particular. It shows as the "Guard's Helm" and is grayed out.

Hope there was something new for you here.

AK

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: 19 January 2019, 13:43:25 »
About the minion lab, the reason the map is all dark was made by Nordic devs on AE version, they wanted turn into a real labyrinth, not a good move by then, since you can miss some rooms with monsters,  and less exp for you.

I notice you can see some part of the maze in the mini map, its a minor thing
Nothing I can do, the minimap is built in teh editor when I build that region. The devs at Nordic custom made a mini-map for that area and added it manually. The map editor makes them automatically otherwise.
« Last Edit: 19 January 2019, 13:45:20 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Akunde

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +10
« Reply #318 on: 19 January 2019, 14:13:31 »
About the minion lab, the reason the map is all dark was made by Nordic devs on AE version, they wanted turn into a real labyrinth, not a good move by then, since you can miss some rooms with monsters,  and less exp for you.

Ah bugger. Didn't go that far back in this thread to see that  :-[

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #319 on: 19 January 2019, 15:11:03 »
Found a few things to report tonight:

1: Firstly, a piece of passable cavern wall in the cyclops cave outside of Megara:
I can't see a problem there.

2: Secondly, 2 weird bugs in the Athens catacombs where a visual glitch appears in the doorway as you walk down stairs. Happened on levels 3 and 4.
Not a mod glitch, this is normal and has existed since the initial release of Titan Quest. You are seeing the interface of the portal connecting two map levels. Even if it was a mod glitch, it's beyond my technical know-how to address.

5: Soul Carver has a typo under the Soul Touch text: "Cursed dark energy infuses the daster and nearby allies with life draining power.
No, that's the font keming. It's actually CLASTER, it's just that the C and L are lower case and close together.

Nah, just pulling your leg. Fixed. :D

6: Issue with the Sentinels set, the helm in particular. It shows as the "Guard's Helm" and is grayed out.
Thanks. All 3 versions had the bug where the non-monster infrequent (white & yellow) was referenced in the set file. Fixed.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #320 on: 19 January 2019, 15:49:25 »
Ah bugger. Didn't go that far back in this thread to see that  :-[

No worries! kept it up :D

Some reports:

Duneraiders stuck before entering Memphis

I had lv 23 Forests Nymphs, but it didnt unlock herīs 2nd tier form

Theres no Hp recovery shrine when you enter Artesian Quarters ( before going into Desert wastes) its the only place missing so far

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #321 on: 19 January 2019, 16:16:06 »
Alright,so I started playing an assassin(Warfare+Rouge),wich uses spectral archers as pets(maybe more later on).

There are not a lot of things to report,no bugs so far.

This is the only thing close to a bug that I could find:

https://pasteboard.co/HXbu8cw.jpg

Even though the skill Weapon Training is for pets in this mod,it says "-17% Dexterity Requirement for all Weapons".This does not make sense, since pets dont use items.Is it supposed to be for the player as well?Or it was simply left of from the original skill?

Anyway,I continued on and I found this giant crystal sticking out of the ground.Nothing special about it,but it adds more detail and makes the TQ world look more ravaged:
https://pasteboard.co/HXbtCiP.jpg

Here there was a trowing knives/spikes(whatever they are)trap wich almost killed me.In fact,I died 3 times because of them:https://pasteboard.co/HXbSfPf.jpg
Nice ideea,deadly,but nice.

https://pasteboard.co/HXbuRex.jpg
Oh,hellooo Boar Snatcher!Didnt expect to see you here in Normal Difficulty(I skiped him,he was level 17,Ill come back for him).

I like those spider egg clutches.I know there was something similar in previous versions,but those are much better:
https://pasteboard.co/HXbvizH.jpg

That was kind of it.I am currently in Tegea at level 10.

I do have a question:Are the masteries finished?I mean,you are going to realease them in this form or are you planing on adding more skills?Because even though I have not played all masteries yet,I looked trough their skill trees and most seemed to have less pets than the previous version.The only masteries who looked like they had more pets were Spirit,Nature and Rune(who had none and wasnt featured in previous versions,because it didnt exist at the time).This is just my opinion,maybe others feel different.There a lot cool new things like the shield sling skill from Defense mastery,but the pets from previous versions seem to be left out.Why not assign the old pets from other versions to items(weapons,armor,artifacts,rings,etc)?Again, this is just my opinion.
I will report to you if I find any bugs and I might do an occasional report even without bugs.

Edit:Damnn!My images are not posted!This didnt happened to me on other forums.I will try to see whats wrong

Edit2:Nevermind,I used Pasteboard.

« Last Edit: 19 January 2019, 17:27:28 by mvlad954 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: 19 January 2019, 16:46:37 »
Oops, the weapontraining petbonus was blank. It still needed values...well, fixed now.

I dunno about more pets. We'll see.

I am playing an elementalist and just reached act 5 and I haven't had any real issues as a pure petmancer.

Don't stand next those obsidian crysta;s for too long. They have an aura that takes a % of health and can confuse, frighten and even convert your pets.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #323 on: 19 January 2019, 17:24:34 »

Don't stand next those obsidian crysta;s for too long. They have an aura that takes a % of health and can confuse, frighten and even convert your pets.
Good to know.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: 19 January 2019, 17:56:34 »

I do have a question:Are the masteries finished?I mean,you are going to realease them in this form or are you planing on adding more skills?Because even though I have not played all masteries yet,I looked trough their skill trees and most seemed to have less pets than the previous version.The only masteries who looked like they had more pets were Spirit,Nature and Rune(who had none and wasnt featured in previous versions,because it didnt exist at the time).This is just my opinion,maybe others feel different.There a lot cool new things like the shield sling skill from Defense mastery,but the pets from previous versions seem to be left out.Why not assign the old pets from other versions to items(weapons,armor,artifacts,rings,etc)?Again, this is just my opinion.

I agree and desagree.
For once this is complety new version of the mod, it wil be different from the past in terms of skills.

I like the masteries having diferent pets then having the same old ones , it brings a new variety, more strategies and new mechanics to the player play around. As far for the number of pets, its true some masterys have 2 types of summon while others have only one, but that dont mean the summons are weak our single handed.

Rogue mastery can have 4x shadow demons plus 3-4 trap bolts, earth have corey plus 4 magna sprites, you will have army of pets in every forms with infinite ways :)

As for old summons witch one its missing ? Most of then are in this version,Jottun from Rune mastery is almost the same as collosus from defense in previous version. The ninjas and shadowdemons are identical, bogs and melle nymphs are doing the shield meat  from nature. Storm have  frost wisp ( witch is stronger) rather than frost imps. Just no falcon our hammers, but the rest its all around her

I would prefer seing the some of old summons as uber bosses if they re-appear into the game

I did complete the game with some combos ( epic) and with rune+storm i had only 3x pets and i ddint feel lonely, in fact i was well guarded :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #325 on: 19 January 2019, 18:55:04 »
A couple people have expressed a kind of disappointment that their old companions won't be joining them on this adventure.

I think I understand how that feels.

"Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver the other gold".

And it's always the ugliest dog that is the one you love most I suppose....Bogdwellers come to mind :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: 19 January 2019, 21:05:55 »
People are afraid of changes, they were used of the same things for some time, 1.1 version was active for how long even before AE ? 4+ years if i remenber correctly.

For me, i  like their looks! and im sure im not the only one, and even in the future more will love then! The players need have more time and exploring the new summons , they will understand and see how brutal they are.

For me i wasnt big fan of the Aktaios (?) Hammers on Defense mastery on previous version, not sure why dunno. Now the Shieldmaiden, its a different talk :)

Btw: theres no Hp shrine near the rebirth in Fayum Passage

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: 20 January 2019, 00:39:23 »
Couple of things

-Anuket Flood ( act 2 relic) its says on the description " can be enchanted on relic only" but you can enchant on amulets as well.

-Magma obelisk/Shrine dont cast anything  (?) our if they do its very slow.

-Sometimes the fire explosion spell cast by the Egyptian Telkine dont do any dmg. Also it causes more our less 200ish dmg on 50% fire resist

-There somekind of invisible trap around , i open one tomb while i was in dungeon right away from Thebes, and i died right away without any effect showing up.

-Was this room always dark in the map ( the room in  tomb of Set I before going into tomb of Khuyu , where fire bettle boss is)

Also no Reward on Place of truth ( if theres any)
« Last Edit: 20 January 2019, 01:34:14 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #328 on: 20 January 2019, 01:59:56 »
Cannot replicate issue. So I can't fix it. It works for me every time.

Yeah, I got K.O.'d by that invisible trap in the Treasue Hunter's Tomb near Fayum. It's exasperating as the whole system of trapping chests is so complicated...grrrr.

Magma Obelisks are fixed now.

Added amulet to Anuket relic description.

Oh, I finally was able to complete the Spectral Wolf quest after fixing it today. So you can complete it in the next update.

EDIT: I think I found the problem for that quest reward. There is no table for unique caster greaves. I assumed there was and added the table caster_n02.dbr but there is no caster greaves for act 2 OR act 3.

So it generated a unique item, got the imaginary vaster greaves and just pooped on you.

And remember: being an alpha tester means I never have to say "sorry". :D
« Last Edit: 20 January 2019, 02:56:37 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: 20 January 2019, 12:47:19 »
I had a feeling it was something related with some missing item file, because on my batlemage i had the blue item as reward.

You know me, it is good  those weird bugs appear during my gameplays :D

About the invisible trap, do you remenber some trap you made and never appear in game ? that must be it , Let me think of the traps thta comes out from tombs,  i faced so far
-Water nova trap
-Blade trap
-fire explosion trap
- fire bombs trap
-the dream nova trap
- poison gas trap
-Rune trap
-freezing orbs trap

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal