Author Topic: Performance Issues  (Read 4119 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline DwayneA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Performance Issues
« on: 20 May 2020, 01:26:44 »
I recently started the Atlantis act. Over the course of the previous acts, there have been sections where the frame rate isn't as smooth as it usually is. This seems to happen at certain points in caverns and cities. But in the first city I enter in Atlantis, throughout the city the performance is reduced so that the action isn't as smooth. Does this have anything to do with my computer and graphics card?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Performance Issues
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2020, 01:46:22 »
Atlantis is known to offer poor performance, and poor optimization, even with good computers.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline jros83

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2020, 08:01:55 »
Soa is right, so it's a good bet it's not your rig. I get no lag Act I through V (sometimes a short spur of small lag if I am running something in the background, but that's to be expected), but in Atlantis content I lag practically everywhere.

Some suggestions have been to run in DX9 mode (if you're not already), and turning off HBAO+ or whatever it's called (I've read it's not optimized but I can't speak to that).

I was lucky in that my Atlantis lag wasn't enough to cause real problems, but it was just enough to be noticeable and sometimes mildly annoying. So I didn't try any suggestions when I played through it last time. Maybe try taking the hit to how pretty things look and just set everything way down when you're in Atlantis content, if you can stand it.

Not Yet Rated!

Online sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2020, 09:56:32 »
Atlantis is trickey in terms of performance.

On my side, Gadir wilderness and Garden of The Hesperides are just impossible to play with my normal setting, i have to reduce the graphics/reflection/shadows to the lowest setting avaliable.

And yest DX 11 also causes a bit more problem in terms of performances in the act
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2020, 13:24:57 »
Atlantis is unplayable with mods that multiply monsters on screen, like Xmax. Therefore, i wonder if this is due to the animations of new monsters. Maybe modders could test this by replacing new monsters with classical monsters like Act I beastmen in a specific Atlantis map (i've no idea if this is complicated to do so, though).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline DwayneA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2020, 16:35:13 »
I don't have any mods running with my version of the game.

I tried launching the game with Direct X 9, but when I did, I got the maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080. I'm currently using a custom resolution I set in the options.txt file so that the menu options aren't hidden by the edges of the screen. I did this a while back in order to get the best performance possible. Is there a way to do this in Direct X 9 mode?

Not Yet Rated!

Online sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2020, 16:48:11 »
Atlantis is unplayable with mods that multiply monsters on screen, like Xmax. Therefore, i wonder if this is due to the animations of new monsters. Maybe modders could test this by replacing new monsters with classical monsters like Act I beastmen in a specific Atlantis map (i've no idea if this is complicated to do so, though).

The problems arent the monsters, maybe some have issues like the snakeman  death animation , when you kill a certain number at same time, theres some low fps going on.

i will point to the terrain visual per si. Sometimes in the path for the telkine , the floor turn all white bland colour. All areas of Atlantis is something new on the engine , that is pushing alot the processing ingame.

That why is advice playing on all lowest setting possible.
« Last Edit: 20 May 2020, 16:50:59 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal