Author Topic: Forbidden mountains game crush  (Read 6943 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Forbidden mountains game crush
« on: 07 March 2018, 17:54:52 »
Forbidden mountains map: http://ferrovipathe.free.fr/Lilith/carte.htm?c=047

Where your game will crush:

I mark it with red and orange, it happened on orange areas but rarely, on red parts it happened many times to me.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Forbidden mountains game crush
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2018, 18:19:37 »
Strange.I dont remember crashing on this map at all.Or maybe one time.........I think.Im not sure.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2018, 18:41:09 »
Unhappily it is possible to have a crash game in the Forbidden Mountain, it is very randomly.
It happens very often to players. I saw somewhere info about to lower graphics when playing that part of the map.
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2018, 18:47:55 »
Thanks for this.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2018, 19:40:27 »
Really?Im pretty sure it only happened one time for my.Anyway,thanks for posting this!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #5 on: 07 March 2018, 22:47:15 »
It's awesome that Ragnarok released, but it's a shame to see custom maps and mods like this crashing and breaking.
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 07 March 2018, 23:54:10 »
It's awesome that Ragnarok released, but it's a shame to see custom maps and mods like this crashing and breaking.

This is a problem ..wayyy back from cd version, that area was and still is the most crashing zone in the mod
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 08 March 2018, 06:57:23 »
Yeah, this from the partial guide I copied from the mod's creator back on TQ.net.

"Forbidden Mountains - CRASHES - A LOT!
Go north first. Discover The Precious Gift Cave, the tree in there will ask you to find The Dust Of Life and bring it to him. Get out and find The Cave of Eternal Loops where it is hidden (up above the monastery. Once found go back and poor it to the Tree of Life. Nearby this cave you will find Fulia The Nymph talk to her. She will test you to see if you’re The One, confront Sybyll and talk to Fulia again. She will give you the virtuequest and a Lightstick.You now can go and hunt for the 5 virtues you already now where there hidden or continue your way. I went to explore The Forbidden Mountains first. Look out for Antheo the Moose boss he might drop parchement VI. Find The Monestary Of Dementia nearby the second RP. Explore it in search of Porin Redfury’s Helmet. You need to defeat Porins Guardians and 5 bossess before you can get your hands on it. At last if you didn’t already found it, explore The Refuge Cave, then portal to Elendar City through the Woods where you will meet Gwilla, enter the city and avange her. The gate is open now."

Iirc I had 2/3 crashes in that area when I played the mod years ago, but was expecting them having read his guide.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 08 March 2018, 08:46:01 »
Discover The Precious Gift Cave, the tree in there will ask you to find The Dust Of Life and bring it to him. Get out and find The Cave of Eternal Loops where it is hidden (up above the monastery. Once found go back and poor it to the Tree of Life.

Post #2 from other thread about the dust:
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=130.0

Maybe you have the answer. ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 08 March 2018, 14:26:00 »

I think the game must crush somewhere on this map, doesn't matter how much player is trying to avoid it. Always save to keep progress because if you don't do that all progress will be lost starting from the point where you load your game that day. Also to mention I think I never had crushes on other maps expect forbidden mountains

About Surg, he might be part of some quest, but can't confirm that. I was read somewhere that some special boss monster is part of some quest and how quests ends if you kill it before reaching new quest. There is probably the reason why he is red, or quest might be related with Darth-Blade from Citadel. The game is just too big and complex to catch all the things. So maybe is better to leave these too for later just before finishing difficulty level.

Its very possible the reason for crushing to be a frog which gives beginning key. Reason why I think this is because almost every time I did this game crushed.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2021, 23:11:37 by efko »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 08 March 2018, 16:40:14 »
Allright, completed it.

I divided the tour to tree game sessions:
- all "stone" paths with The Refuge and Eternal Loop, rest point near the monastery
- cleared the "green" map with Virtue and Tree of Life quests
- cleared monastery

Oh, and The Dust of Life was accepted by the tree, so the last time was a random bug or something like that.
« Last Edit: 01 June 2019, 17:02:43 by Cygi »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 01 June 2019, 17:48:19 »
About Tree of life quest, sometimes you have to find right position before clicking on tree, probably you wasn't sure what to do because of your bad placement, move always left, right, up, down, I had very same feeling in past. Also game crushing bug often happens when going out from that cave, but never happened to me if going directly from cave to Dementia Monastery.
Also to mention of topic, game becomes very complicated from Elendar city. Another thing is that in Epic you can play Kizur quest which is marked as something hardest in titan quest, but I never had patience to reach it. It is located in Asteria's cliffs - Needles' cave passage and 3 different Fissure stones should unlock it. Not sure if from same difficulty or 1 comes from normal for Epic.
« Last Edit: 01 June 2019, 17:51:02 by efko »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal