Author Topic: Melee Sumonner questions  (Read 3792 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tata

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Melee Sumonner questions
« on: 14 July 2019, 22:52:32 »
Hi,

I'm still new to the game even after dozens of hours of fun (never tried legendary, starting new characters over and over).

I would like to get a bit more serious into the game and try a summoner. I find pet focused playstile boring, so pets will be only an assistance rather than a primary weapon.

I'm thinking about going STR route, as Earth benefits from physical damage and Nature boost both physical and elemental by lowering res(Correct me if I'm wrong). Being a tanky physical caster sounds good to me, if its feasible.

I have a secondary toon who's beaten act II Epic and can farm there. I don't plan to go further with this one, as I want to discover end of Epic and Legendary (and Atlantis ^^) with my main. So (newbie questions incomming) :

• I have the Ronzer's Gift set https://tq-db.net/en/set/ronzer's-gift, is it a good idea to use it with my summoner ? Does -X Res works with physical ? The Frail has a high 200 Int req, it takes a reduced req gear to work, what about Fragile alone ?
  • Is worth it to farm for the Firewalker set ? https://tq-db.net/en/set/firewalker's-suit Full sets in this game (like many ARPG) seem hard to farm, as gathering all pieces take quite long, and they are usually not even as powerfull as independant pieces of stuff. This one might fall off in legendary. What do you guys think ?
  • Reginn's Hammer seems reasonably easy to farm, and incredibly powerfull. Unless you have better suggestions ? https://tq-db.net/en/equipment/reginn's-hammer
  • How do I prioritize gear ? Is it %ADCH > %Physical damage > %recharge > %Fire Burn ? +Skills are really important ? What about +X Fire damage ? How does Bonus damage works ? What resistances are the most important ? Poison is usually a death cause to me, bleeding and vitality occurs less often but they're usually deadly too. Elemental seems less important.
  • I'm planning on using Ring of Flame to obliterate normal difficulty. What's a good example of skill set for late game ?Strength of the Pack boost our physical damage so it's a must right ?
  • What about Atlantis new skill Fire Nova ?
  • What about gameplay ? Plague, VO from afar, then flatten everithing hammerwise whith eruption on my feet ?
  • Heat Shield provide damage absorption only against fire ? Why is it not "Fire absorption" then ? 15% damage res on the contrary is for physical right ?
  • Res lowering with Susceptibility is not absolute right ? So it does stack with -XRes but it's doesn't make a huge difference on its on, does it ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Melee Sumonner questions
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2019, 01:04:35 »
do you mean melee earth + nature? hate to break it to you but your choice is not beginner friendly.. and even those experienced enough don't usually play this kind of build

the first obvious question would be: what is your LMB skill? not that normal attack can't work endgame but there are many masteries that offers an LMB skill and you didn't choose any of those

my 2nd question would be: what is your AoE damage? personally, i always like my builds to have a good AoE damage.. earth has lots of AoE skills but they are spells.. spells work best with cast speed and CDR.. it's possible to get those with str or dex items but you'll have to do a lot of farming with that.. and the easiest way to get cast speed is through occult ring.. occult ring boosts elem damage, which is worthless if you don't get int

str melee players usually want their AoE attacks to be weapon attacks like shield charge, phantom strike, etc

if you really want to play a melee + pets build, consider substituting earth with warfare (champion)
« Last Edit: 15 July 2019, 09:54:20 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2019, 08:28:21 »
  1. If you have those gears for new character at early game, it's good. -X res work for all dmg type res. Fragile alone only reduced enemies physical dmg. RR effect on items general works on weapon attack hit, so you need using weapon to hit enemies first so can apply RR effect on them; RR effect on non weapon( armors, accessories, artifact, skills) can works with skill like Throwing Knives and Blade Barrier of Rogue too.
  2. It just worth to farm it if you want collected. That set's just Epic, so it not useful much in late game.
  3. If you have it already, just use it. If not, continue play to lvl up your characters, you will find it somewhere with some characters.
  4. You want make a Summoner build focus to Physical dmg => you should prioritze on +%physical dmg, -%recharge first, +skills/all skills then casting speed ( no need to max, just enough to cast it fast), then other defense method ( because if you have good -%recharge, +skills you can use Briar Ward often, and its a great defense way already).
+ flat Fire, %ADctH dmg only works for weapons attack hit. +%fire dmg can be optional because Eruption and Volcanic Orb deal both Physical and Fire dmg.
The most important res is the res that enemies you fights at current moment, feel free to change gears for specific enemies if you don't have gears with good res for all.
  5. Yes, RoF can be good at early game and at its low lvl; late game and and high lvl of RoF noth worth by its high energy cost.
Eruption, Volcanic Orb (Fragmentation), Brimstone ( of Earth Enchanment), Volativity, Soften Metal (of RoF), Plague skills tree ( 2sub skills is more important than Plague itself), Refresh, Meteor Rain are the most important skills help you deal dmg to enemies. Strength of the Pack is good, but if you play xmod, sometime your pets die all, so it good but need support by other skills and gears, tactics if you want keep SotP works all time.
  6. Fire Nova deal Fire and Burn dmg, can be good at procs any grants skill activated on attack on items, gears, ... so it not the most priorities if you don't fulfill those skill above first ( because you focus on Physical dmg, right!).
  7. Yes, you can do simple as you mention. Or more  steps like  VO => Plague => Briar Ward => Eruption => Meteor Rain => Refresh =>  repeat,...
  8. Yes, Heatshield grant you Fire dmg absorption and 15% physical dmg res.
  9. Subsceptibiliy is RR by absolute. Its can stack with other RR by flat or by %. It good and important.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tata

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2019, 19:07:35 »
Well well, I might reconsider my choice and switching to a pure int summoner then.  ;D

What I want to focus on is huge AoE dammage with decent survivability.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2019, 20:45:47 »
If you want decent survivability, you should focus for -%recharge gears and skills like Refresh, Briar Ward - Sanctuary, Earthbind, Heart of Oak, Fatigue of Plague, Overgrowth of Sylvan Nymph, Heatshield, Soften Metal of RoF; and use your pet to provoke enemies for you while you stand behind Briarwards to cast anything.
Hybrid or Str base character can have more defense than Int base character because they can wearing Str armor and shield which have higher armor than Int gears.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal