Author Topic: Throw weapons vs bows  (Read 7712 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline stormyboy

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
Throw weapons vs bows
« on: 23 November 2018, 18:04:38 »
So, i just got my first throw weapon and it gave me a lot of ideas. But, before i start building up on to those ideas i have a few curiosities.
-if paired with a shield and used in close range, with defense specialization and all the shield passives, will  the shield passives proc?
-can you dual wield throw weapons?
-what are the differences between bows and throw weapons? (on my first sight bows have higher damage and range. If this is the only thing, it seems that the only advantage a throw gives you is that of a shield on the offhand at the loss of damage. A lot of damage)
-i saw that throw weapons are affected by all hunter skills. Is there any other synergy with them to be aware of? Like, are the throw daggers considered daggers so you can use sharp weapons buff from rogue?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Throw weapons vs bows
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2018, 19:42:28 »
Hello StormyBoy,

Welcome to foruns :)

Sadly i cant give all answers you seek, but i know a litle thing our two.

-Yes, you can use dual throw weapons,

- The difference of bows and throw weapons, from what i noticed, is more on range/speed/dmg , bows have greater range deals more dmg and are slow in attck speed ( without some investements) while Throw weapons have small range , and faster attacks.

Well since hunters skills is aimed for ranged , throwing weapons are affect as well, i guess it works with rogue buffs.

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2018, 21:10:14 »
to add to what sauruz said:

shield procs don't work with thrown weapons

for hunting, i don't really see it as thrown weapon vs bow.. but rather thrown weapon vs spear.. but it's just me.. you can use thrown weapon + shield in melee range since the range is so short anyway.. you can't crit but you can use marksmanship

for me since i play mages, some thrown weapons are like my wands.. one-handed mage weapons

attack speed cap of one-handed thrown is 200%.. two-handed it's 141%.. but it's still fast with 2 thrown weapons

blade honing works with thrown weapons

edit: when i said two-handed, i meant dual wield
« Last Edit: 23 November 2018, 21:42:32 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #3 on: 23 November 2018, 22:12:16 »
Shield procs won't trigger. It's also valid for Warfare dual-wield procs (Hew, Crosscut and Tumult) regardless of the range.

Though it does works with Wood Lore and Marksmanship. IIRC some of the description have been updated to include throwing weapons in the description.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline stormyboy

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2018, 22:28:55 »
I see :-?. Thank you all for the replies. I am doing a bit of research as i need to build a character with solid aoe and good survivability. Right now it seems the combo between def+hunt with throw is a winner. The marksmanship tree compensate for the lack of aoe damage of defense.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal