Author Topic: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)  (Read 96018 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)
« Reply #45 on: 18 April 2018, 19:41:24 »
Those are some weird links, I can't click on them or open them in new tabs or windows.
Only bookmark them which doesn't do a thing.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #46 on: 18 April 2018, 19:45:45 »
Oops, the default hyperlink on this board broke the format. They should work now

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: 18 April 2018, 19:47:28 »
So I take it I'm going for nature first then.
I usually try to max the mastery and put a single point in each required skill before building them up but I take it that's not a good idea.

Sorry, I  just feel better knowing exactly what I have to do.
Like does it matter what element my stave is or do I go for a specific one?
« Last Edit: 18 April 2018, 19:50:28 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: 18 April 2018, 20:02:19 »
You won't be using staves for damage or any other weapon so no. Unless your weapon has some pet damage it does not matter if you have any. Well, staves have flat mana regen so its better to have one anyway. Wolves are at 7 pt because at that level you get a second wolf. a few extra points in healing might be needed because otherwise it would be weak. The rest is indeed 1 point wonders until you max both masteries. After you do, max main skill first (wolves) together with healing, then plague, then auras, then passives and support skills

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: 18 April 2018, 21:12:36 »
and I know to grab the 3rd wolf the second I find a mastery shrine.

Wait if I'm not actually using the staff, do passives like lucid dream end up on the summons too?
« Last Edit: 18 April 2018, 21:17:41 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: 18 April 2018, 23:46:02 »
Lucid dream? Its more like me putting 1 pt in everything out of habit. No it won't affect summons. It will affect electric burn if you chose to use some.

Looks like the old nature guide from the old forum is gone. I have found another one. Use it for more ideas. Not that I agree with all the choices that person makes but at least he has some first hand experience in the expac. I have only been through it on all 3 difficulties with one character so far, and that one is a caster, not summoner.

That guy suggests tanking for your pets in late normal, that is how things were done before. I suggest using briar ward as a decoy instead so grab it as soon as you can. Another option is temporal rift in dream for petrification.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: 19 April 2018, 07:16:20 »
Hmm.....ok, gonna have to figure this out now, lol, since I have two builds to look at.
I'm really not that great at this game so forgive me if I get confused at even the slightest thing.

Despite all the playtime I've put in, I only really know the gameworld itself well. What enemies are where (including what enemies are sometimes swapped at random for others) and all the nooks and crannies. That's all I really know well.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: 19 April 2018, 18:36:14 »
I think what I'm going to do is, I'll use the titancalc guide you first provided since it's a little less complicated, but since I'm not using staves, I won't put points into Lucid Dream or it's upgrade and put them into something else.

Or I'll use the second build with more info....I really don't know...
« Last Edit: 19 April 2018, 21:13:56 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: 19 April 2018, 22:12:53 »
Why don't you want to use staves exactly? Regrowth is an expensive skill and you will use it on cooldown. If you are not going to use caster gear you won't have mana, its a fail from the start  :). Trance of convalescence is deep into dream tree but you are going to need mana a lot sooner. To get trance sooner you will have to start as dream, but then it is going to be a different build altogether. Dream is best started as a caster with int gear (again) including staves. And only become a summoner in epic. Its an easy thing to do, maybe not as easy as a conqueror but simpler than a pure summoner through normal. Like this

And in case you actually want a summoner, here is a better plan for level 12, level 24 and level 30
Accelerated growth at max early. Main skill leveled up sooner like you're playing a caster (and wolves are your main spell). I've tried briar ward in normal and it has absolutely pathetic health there. So while it does work as a decoy its not for long, not to mention cooldown which you will not be able to adress for quite some time. Briar ward becomes good in epic (and excellent in legendary, just like other pets). 1 pt in both distort reality and temporal rift might be a better pick to help your pets in normal, but it also comes much later, around middle to late act IV I guess.

Concerning Lucid dream, it locks out the others passives in its tree, so you have to have at least one point in it to unlock them anyway. And you do want to unlock them. Why wouldn't you want free DA from a mastery skill? If you want to skip some points, put less in nightmare and nymph.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: 20 April 2018, 10:51:23 »
Sorry,  I think there's a bit of confusion here.

When I asked earlier on in the thread what staff type I should use (fire, ice, etc), you said I wouldn't actually be using it except just for the extra regen in the first build you provided.
So I wondered, why bother using Lucid Dream since it's only for staff attacks. (not losing the staff itself, just the skill point in lucid dream.

I've only just noticed that the other two passives in the same tree are nothing to do with staves after you mention it just now. Thought they were separate, just noticed the line.

Sorry, like I said, I'm really really bad at this game. Also Dream isn't a mastery I've used at all....well, yet anyway.

and now I shouldn't be using summons until a difficulty I probably won't even make it to....
Despite all the masteries and weapons and stuff, this game really only wants you to play a certain way doesn't it?
« Last Edit: 20 April 2018, 10:56:47 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #55 on: 20 April 2018, 11:30:51 »
you can play any way you want in this game.. but then again I'm so good that everything comes easy and mindless for me.. ughhh i got hurt by that comment you know? but nahhh none of it now.. also stop looking down on yourself.. please.. no seriously ;D you'll get better at this game but you have to put a little trust on yourself :)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: 20 April 2018, 11:55:13 »
lol yeah, if only that worked the many times I've done it.
If only this happened for any game I play. I've got so many, played them so many times but can't even get halfway on the easiest difficulty.
So forgive me if I find it doesn't work for me.

Sorry, so many people act as though you can simply "get better" with a bit of this thinking.
Or maybe it works for everyone else, just not for me.

Pretty sure you need actual skill you can develop and not just trust in yourself on it's own.

...sorry...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: 20 April 2018, 14:54:01 »
Sure, you can do whatever you want when you know what you are doing. And when you don't, its better to stick to more established routes.

Pretty sure you need actual skill you can develop and not just trust in yourself on it's own.
Nope, not at all, this game is not about skill, it is about gear. With appropriate gear you should be sleepwalking through normal content. Not even excellent, just appropriate. If you're not trolling us here I fear no build swapping will help you. What possibly can is showing us your problem builds and their stat pages. What happens when you think you fail. Sounds like you just come to the fight with inappropriate stats but then you seem to know what the words "DA" and "resistances" mean and I don't know what to think.

and now I shouldn't be using summons until a difficulty I probably won't even make it to....
Not using summons in normal was common in TQIT because their hp did not scale well in act IV. I think I leveled most of my summoners that way. As casters, or even melee (champion). Now there is an extra reward for killing giant yeti boss which gives you +100% pet health. From what that guy I linked you above writes even with this they are fragile.

Of course no one considers normal, its fast and gone. It is in legendary where people start having issues and it is there where summoners are simpler to play than your average attack build.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: 20 April 2018, 16:32:10 »
If you're not trolling us here
So many people jump to this with any game I play due to games apparently being so easy nowadays that hard is too easy and a baby can do easy without trying in a few days.

I fear no build swapping will help you.
I'm not exactly just trying to swap over and over, I know that won't help me get better.
What I'm trying to do is find what suits me best. So I can focus entirely on that one.

Not using summons in normal was common in TQIT because their hp did not scale well in act IV. I think I leveled most of my summoners that way. As casters, or even melee (champion). Now there is an extra reward for killing giant yeti boss which gives you +100% pet health. From what that guy I linked you above writes even with this they are fragile.

Of course no one considers normal, its fast and gone. It is in legendary where people start having issues and it is there where summoners are simpler to play than your average attack build.

It's like they (TQs original dev team) forgot about summons during the later half of development and only remembered they exist after finishing IT.

I can sorta get through base normal fine enough, Act I is slow but kinda easy, Act II is easy and faster and Act III gets a bit tough and things get a bit slow again in parts toward the end.
Though I barely get through Olympus and I've never completed IT, I struggle through most of that and hit a wall when fighting Hades.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2018, 16:35:46 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: 20 April 2018, 16:56:34 »
Still, why wouldn't you show us the stats of your characters? Two pages with main and secondary resistances, OA, DA etc. It might also reveal something about your gear.

Hades is trivial with capped vitality resist. Get yourself a demon's blood on a ring, or better two (if normal ones).

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal