Author Topic: "100% Balanced" - Staff Harbinger (physical / pets)  (Read 11344 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?

Not only was I able to make it a silly character, by making it look like my avatar, but being a harbinger, you can't make it not OP. Warfare with CDR is just too much, not to mention Atlantis' changes. With almost permanent 80% damage absorption, 60<% chance to dodge, warriors with the mastermind buff, useful doppelganger, this one performs beautifully, yes, even with some low resistances and DA, it's not an issue at all.

This is obviously gear-dependent, all of my items here are forged (3 from @Anuchyfilm ), that's also the reason i don't make build guides, since with my toons, I rely too heavily on upgraded items.

I said useful, because even at level 1, doppel's spells (war horn, distort reality, sands of sleep) are useful and provide great CC. It's staff damage is also worth mentioning.

Performance in 6-players diff: 8.5/10
Multiplayer: Doppel is problematic, but it's not an inseparable part of the build; no issues otherwise, good support
Fun meter: 6.5/10 (it's unique but too passive)

Base Attributes:
500 hp
300 ep
190 str
338 int
290 dex

Skill tree - Warfare:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Skill tree - Dream:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Items:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Ares' War Helm (staunch; of the mammoth)
Berserker's Mantle (honor guard's; of erudition)
Demonskin Walkers (plato's; of might)
Stonebinder's Cuffs (alacrity)
Staff of the Covenant (philosopher's; of immortality)
Ran's Favor (lithe; of mana)

Asgard, 6-players difficulty:

Styx, xmax:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Anuchyfilm

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: "100% Balanced" - Staff Harbinger (physical / pets)
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2019, 18:56:13 »
I love how the characters use psionic touch on staff. Their posture is very funny. I'll surely build these type of staff user soon.
imo I dont think the build depend a lot on gear. You'll have INT and STR so just pick a good green staff and socket valior of Alchelis, it'd be fine.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2019, 09:47:00 »
Right, I guess that makes sense, but in this case staff harbinger works with any setup that gives max recharge and physical damage, it could be a green staff, for a mix of dmg types. Pet jewels are optional, attack speed could be much lower and it would still perform well. This class doesnt need to care much for resists, because game logic gives you pretty much free 80% absorption.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #3 on: 08 January 2020, 21:00:10 »
I love how the characters use psionic touch on staff. Their posture is very funny. I'll surely build these type of staff user soon.

I love that skill too !

A few points:
- I don't see 80% dmg absorption in your build Torstein, although it's quite huge with Warfare BS and the Dream Toc at max levels
[img]With almost permanent 80% damage absorption, 60<% chance to dodge

- You don't use much the dream sleep skill in your videos. Maybe because this skill + war horn and Distort reality are redundant CC skills.
- Instead of the dream Sleep skill, the distortion wave maybe better because of chaotic resonance. Have you tried it ? (i am not sure actually it that works on a physical damage on staff...)

@Torstein159 Your build is nice, seeing a warfare character with a staff is just funny  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 08 January 2020, 22:05:14 »
A few points:
- I don't see 80% dmg absorption in your build Torstein, although it's quite huge with Warfare BS and the Dream Toc at max levels
- You don't use much the dream sleep skill in your videos. Maybe because this skill + war horn and Distort reality are redundant CC skills.
- Instead of the dream Sleep skill, the distortion wave maybe better because of chaotic resonance. Have you tried it ? (i am not sure actually it that works on a physical damage on staff...)
- BS + ToC + Distortion Field + Sacred Rage = pretty sure it adds up, maybe you forgot about the granted skill
- I don't use Sands of Sleep too much but the Doppel does, iirc
- I don't plan on playing vanilla anymore so I can't be bothered

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 08 January 2020, 22:59:42 »
my rudimentary test here though is %damage absorption is multiplicative
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1072.msg12538#msg12538

still, i don't think survivability will be a big problem here

edit: also, i haven't read in anywhere that damage absorption has been capped at 80%.. the old TQIT had no caps on anything except resists if I'm not mistaken.. that's why it allowed OP (broken) builds
« Last Edit: 08 January 2020, 23:23:20 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #6 on: 09 January 2020, 19:55:45 »
On my old PC, I had a link on kirmizyperfect which explained that damage absorption is multiplicative and iirc capped at 80%. With my new PC, I've searched on Kirmizyperfect but i can't find it anymore.

Anyway as you said, i forgot sacred rage and distortion field so your build is close to 80% and my comment is no more relevant.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 09 January 2020, 20:13:01 »
how can it be capped at 80% when there are 2 skills that give 100% damage absorption?
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal