Author Topic: Can somebody please help me with paladin build?  (Read 10432 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline MushaShukou

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
Can somebody please help me with paladin build?
« on: 23 May 2018, 08:28:52 »
Hi folks. I'm finding that my lvl 59 paladin is really struggling through epic act 4. My dps and survivability are both suffering. Also, my build just seems pretty lackluster as it barely utilizes any of the storm skills. I did have lightning bolt and chain lightning fully maxed, but they just weren't doing much damage. I'd like to have a more thematic build suited to both masteries.
Here's my current build:
https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc594e594e594e.html?mastery=Paladin&master1=8&master2=5&sa=0&m1=32-0-10-0-0-1-0-0-6-0-0-0-6-12-0-0-1-1-0-8-0-0-0&m2=32-1-6-2-4-4-1-6-6-3-6-10-1-4-6-2-1-6-1-1-6-0-0

I've put 88 points into str and 40 into dex, but I think I'd be able to redo these with TQDefiler, if needed. Maybe put some into intelligence to up my lightning/cold dmg?

I would also like some suggestions on gear and where to find the required gear.

Please help so I can get this character through the game!   :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: Can somebody please help me with paladin build?
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2018, 13:23:51 »
Paladin is a terrible mastery lacking notable synergies. You want it to be physical? Enjoy not using storm much at all. Elemental? You'll have to make lots of compromises, put little in str and either use light armor and weapons or items reducing requirements (alke and timaios, thoth glory, with armor handling skill of course). Defense does not give you much for DPS and you're going to lack some either way. People were doing this as ice shard caster but I guess its with Persephone's caress and similar items, gear dependant.

Of elemental attack builds, dragon hunter is surprisingly strong with throwing weapons and ok with a spear, and sage has always been fine. I know its not sword and board or whatever you wanted there to achieve with defense. Thane is much better than defense hybrids due to dual wielding fast attack rate. And the strongest hybrid melee I've tried before AE was melee diviner with vitality damage. Rare weapon with vit damage and furies blood, vile ichor, deathchill, maxed distrort reality. That one could compete with average physical melees.

I don't think you should throw everything out and go elemental, its much harder to do right than physical and you will need good gear. Your elemental damage is nonexistant so you can get rid of storm nimbus and wisp. Get spell breaker, squall and energy shield. Use energy shield for cold and lightning mobs (like Barmanu), you can max it eventually - 85% absorb will make you almost immune to it. Maybe get thunderball and throw it into ranged packs or something. Not very convenient but that was yours mastery choice  :)

titan calc

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2018, 18:14:55 »
This is for the IT version of the game, but Irma2's compendium of builds may still give you some good info - there's a physical and elemental Paladin in there.

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-mainstream-titancalc-class-compendium-by-irma2/

Also this very old guide may help.

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-paladin-guide/

TQDefiler doesn't work with the AE version of the game so you won't be able to change your mastery points around.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline MushaShukou

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2018, 21:27:41 »
Thank you both. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2018, 20:46:14 »
TQ Defiler works with AE.. you just can't use the mods in it, but anything else works perfectly..
I always wanted to build a sword & board type paladin myself.. but like any other classes I have always dreamt of playing, this class is also not playable.. the only real solution is to MULTI-MASTER by using Defiler and picking more than 2 masteries.. that way you can add the needed components, remove the temporary masteries which included that components, and get back to storm+defense to transform the build into a playable one..
« Last Edit: 12 June 2018, 20:48:28 by Hector »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal