Author Topic: [Tutorial] Add a new weapon to the game!  (Read 41515 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Re: [Tutorial] Add a new weapon to the game!
« Reply #15 on: 17 June 2019, 03:50:57 »
I wouldn't be one to say 'No' to it, but there is just too many issues around it to become a thing. Plus, it would inevitably require overwriting something, which I'm not really liking in the first place.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #16 on: 17 November 2019, 21:22:50 »
Can someone please help me?I tried running the Tex viewer,but it gave me this error message:The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR71.dll was not found.Reinsatalling the program may fix this problem.
I tried running it again and as administrator and I even tried running it from the archive,but nothing.What am I doing wrong?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 17 November 2019, 21:41:32 »
You need to download the missing .dll and put it in the same folder as Texture Viewer.

https://mega.nz/#!sZNz1a7B!uArGtdJZWk5BjoUqOpKMZ5KS6-y1kCMMqMPCVfwFGZc

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 18 November 2019, 06:18:42 »
You need to download the missing .dll and put it in the same folder as Texture Viewer.

https://mega.nz/#!sZNz1a7B!uArGtdJZWk5BjoUqOpKMZ5KS6-y1kCMMqMPCVfwFGZc
Thanks!I'm gonna try this once I get home.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tacitus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 20 March 2020, 19:54:20 »
First of all, thank you for the manual, this is the first helpful thing I've seen on the topic.

A couple of questions though. Having followed the instructions I modified the properties of an item and let it use it's original textures, then modified a chest to drop the item as a bonus, and renamed then built both .dbrs, if this process though described quite briefly is correct, I'd like to ask how you'd get either the item and or the chest to be accessible in the editor to be placed in a custom map, or any modified object, really. Apologies if I missed something.

Also, general question, couldn't you have used a less clunky system for verification? ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 23 March 2020, 00:46:01 »
First of all, thank you for the manual, this is the first helpful thing I've seen on the topic.

Glad to help  ;D

A couple of questions though. Having followed the instructions I modified the properties of an item and let it use it's original textures, then modified a chest to drop the item as a bonus, and renamed then built both .dbrs, if this process though described quite briefly is correct, I'd like to ask how you'd get either the item and or the chest to be accessible in the editor to be placed in a custom map, or any modified object, really. Apologies if I missed something.

If you have built your item proprely, it should appear in the object list in the Editor. Place it in your custom map and that should be it.

Also, general question, couldn't you have used a less clunky system for verification? ;)

No idea what you mean here  ???

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tacitus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 23 March 2020, 17:47:54 »
I've tried it again now, and, after some amount of tinkering, still without apparent success. My guess is I'm missing something quite fundamental, as a side effect of never Learning to mod properly but rather dipping my head into it from time to time.

So, what I have managed to produce is a mod or rather Custommap folder, housing both the .dbr in question, and an .arz file. nothing more as the effect of building the dbr, I'm guessing. The question is now, as that directory can't and won't be used by the editor, which only accesses resources .arc files to my knowledge, if any additional steps would be required, which would possibly create the file in question at the right location; do I have to auto create an asset e.g. even if I want the mod to use the original assets of the item, and didn't create any myself, in the style of making a custommap? Is the source folder in the art manager supposed to be empty for the duration of the project?

Also speaking of custommaps, in testing I've ran into another issue, one bug, through which, when loading the map in question, everything but the ui is just a blackscreen, My guess is that the assets/ .map file is empty due to the short build time in the art manager and the short loading time ingame thereafter. One suggested solution for this is moving your TQ documents, then reopening the art manager. I've done this in the following order, also with no apparent effect: Moved TQ IT folder from "My Games" to Desktop> reopened the ArtManager and let it reload resources> closed the ArtManager> moved the folder back> reopened the ArtManager and tried to build the map again after deleting the old .map file

Lastly, with verification, I was referring to this:
Verification
enter numbers only: [random sequence of letters, numbers and symbols]

which has to be done each time when posting.

Thanks again, for the help.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 23 March 2020, 19:31:22 »
Would you share some screenshots? I would like to see your item .dbr file in the ArtManager and where it should appear in the Editor. About the assets, it is only needed for things like textures and such. Database entries are unrelated and should appear in the Editor even if you attach an unexisting texture to them.

About the black map, you can force ArtManager to recreate the working directories by moving your whole TQ folder (the one that contains SaveData, Custommaps, Working, etc.) and launch ArtManager. Then, restore your old fields where they used to be, and try to rebuild the pathing again (or a make a new map, even.) That's the only solution I found to this bizarre problem.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tacitus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 23 March 2020, 20:13:29 »
The screenshots, further information there.   

https://imgur.com/a/c5kkSFb

Keep in mind that I've yet been unable to test due to the bug. But my guess is that it's not working.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 23 March 2020, 21:37:30 »
You should have only 1 .arz file and it should be named database. Not sure how you came to do a item.arz; the ArtManager automatically produces the file you need.

You built the file but did you build the mod (F7)? Do you select the mod in the Editor?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tacitus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 23 March 2020, 21:44:48 »
That file is in there because it doesn't hurt to try. Should that item.arz file be anywhere else in particular or just in the mod folder?

I've built the mod yes, but what do you mean by opening the mod/selecting in the editor?

Official Edit: I've resolved the blackscreen issue. Thank you. However, now my character won't move at all in the new map I've created. I've encountered and fixed this before but I can't for the live of me remember how. How could I fix this?
« Last Edit: 23 March 2020, 22:26:50 by tacitus »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #26 on: 23 March 2020, 22:24:23 »
That file is in there because it doesn't hurt to try. Should that item.arz file be anywhere else in particular or just in the mod folder?

I've built the mod yes, but what do you mean by opening the mod/selecting in the editor?

Your resources files (textures, models, and so on) should be in .arc format.
.arz is for archives that contain text data in the form of database records (.dbr files). They are supposed to be named database.arz or yourmodname.arz when they are in the custommaps folder.

In the map Editor, you need to select your mod above (Mod name, list) and then find your map (.wrl).
« Last Edit: 23 March 2020, 22:26:18 by soa »
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tacitus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: 23 March 2020, 22:29:47 »
right. so in addition to my new .dbr. which I modify then build in the ArtManager, I then create a new world and in the Editor under the same name/ directory?

Also: I've resolved the blackscreen issue. Thank you. However, now my character won't move at all in the new map I've created. I've encountered and fixed this before but I can't for the live of me remember how. How could I fix this?

Again. Official Edit: Got it all working now, spawned my item. So first of all, thank you. However, one question remains, is it somehow possible to insert a custom item into the main Game making it playable there?
« Last Edit: 23 March 2020, 23:27:41 by tacitus »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: 23 March 2020, 23:26:44 »
right. so in addition to my new .dbr. which I modify then build in the ArtManager, I then create a new world and in the Editor under the same name/ directory?

Also: I've resolved the blackscreen issue. Thank you. However, now my character won't move at all in the new map I've created. I've encountered and fixed this before but I can't for the live of me remember how. How could I fix this?

I think you need to rebuild the pathing in the editor, select the map and -> rebuild pathing ( i think)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tacitus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: 23 March 2020, 23:29:05 »
Just got it all working now, spawned my item. So first of all, thank you, this has been really helpful. However, one question remains, is it somehow possible to insert a custom item into the main Game making it playable there? I'm pretty sure it is, so how do I do it?
« Last Edit: 23 March 2020, 23:30:55 by tacitus »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal