Author Topic: Legion of Champions: Atlantis  (Read 23369 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Legion of Champions: Atlantis
« Reply #30 on: 04 January 2020, 01:15:21 »
Well, I found it after all. It wasn't showing up in the editor when I was looking for it, but it was in the source directory of the last mod.

So copied and pasted the map files into the new mod, but I had to use the Region > Add Existing Region in the editor then move them around to where I wanted it. All that meant was I had to recalculate the boat dialog coordinates.

I added the quest file, the merchant and boat guy and dialog and stuff.

Pirate Island is back, baby!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #31 on: 04 January 2020, 02:23:29 »
Well, I found it after all. It wasn't showing up in the editor when I was looking for it, but it was in the source directory of the last mod.

So copied and pasted the map files into the new mod, but I had to use the Region > Add Existing Region in the editor then move them around to where I wanted it. All that meant was I had to recalculate the boat dialog coordinates.

I added the quest file, the merchant and boat guy and dialog and stuff.

Pirate Island is back, baby!

2020 couldnt be better.

Im glad its everything going well for now :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 17 January 2020, 23:18:00 »
I wonder if the Dream tier 7 skill Touch of Nyx can be used for Earth's Flamesurge?

That would be pretty cool.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #33 on: 01 February 2020, 15:11:37 »
Hello. There is minor feedback:

- `Soul Carver` shows grant's skill tagLocMonsterSkill003 (e.g. skill is not named)

- `Traitor's Shiv` shows `+1 to Invalid Skill Profile` (TQValueAE shows +1 to sneakattack)

- `Stone Hammer` is not set item, however it is listed in `Brute's Assult` set, (i got info about set items from `Brute's Wall`)
- `Brute's Plate` is not set item, however it is listed in `Brute's Assult` set

- `Greaves of Marathon` shows what it has some pet bonuses, but no any bonuses listed

- `Static Charge` - miss values for ultimate levels 16..20. Probably skill max level should be 12, same as Frost Nimbus.

- `TagLoCItemHelm011` - nice helmet... with horrible name! :) Also i'm got +2 version in Normal playthrough. (Bonelord drop i guess)

- Same, in normal playthrough i'm got `Reaper's Scythe` again in same tomb (near Monster Encampment), also +2 to all skills version. I seen what there is exist +1/+2/+3 versions in game files, so there is looks like something wrong with spawns.

- I see what almost any unique items give pet bonuses. `Frosbite` weapon some why is not. :)

- It is expected to be able farm for "Dowry Necklace" after quest is done? Because i'm do, and finish quest and get another necklace for self for my mastery, and even sold some number before get item with right prefix/suffix. Same for Xanthipus's staff - i'm returned staff for him, and there is no more exist way to get this item. It is kind of inconsistency, or expected/unexpected tricks.

- It is not issue, but just my feelings/preferences: it is nice what MI items get lot of nice bonuses, etc, and Stonebinder's Craft is nice set. But it always was annoying to farm for good cuffs. Now it is even more annoying because you not only need to get this drop (however it is true, what they are drop more often), but you need exactly required suffix, what makes hard to get right affix (which in my case on this stage of game - only one required affix is of recovery, of glade or of gryphon - none other are needed, every other item with other suffixes are trash for sold). I'm with various chars collected lot of them, but still not have cuffs for prophet. Then, going next: i'm personally, when playing with storm mastery and not elementalist - usually trying to avoid any elemental or fire damage. Fire damage makes big boom sounds and on top of already flashy hits it makes... hits even more flashy. Stonebinder's Sash return fire damage for pets (however not in so big degree), also it is designed for earth mastery. There is all items which i'm seen are "of skills", which again gives me useless affix. Same for Crown. So, this generally makes this items less valuable. They not bad, but doesn't feel happy with them. On another side, i'm think what i'm will not use stonebinder items (at least for some time), and there is good thing: it opens slots for other items. :)

--

Already, spent a lot of time in act 1 with few characters. :) Love heat/storm shield mechanics, now it is not annoying to go as melee elementalist (i'm play a lot with this toon in previous versions, but always recast shields is... boring). Now going with "pure" melee storm mastery, without any spells currently, especially want to try to play without spell breaker, only one point in frost/storm nimbus, two one-point wisps without upgrades, already nearly maxed lightning dash skill... and half of cyclone armor! It is fun, and at knossos it becomes quite OP (however yellow enemies doesn't die immediately, and i'm at least see them). However i'm found Frostbite - and start use it with default attacks and lightning dash for movement/burst (this currently gives bit better feeling). :) Thinking about choosing second mastery, i guess it will be dream (mostly for support aura and passives, actually not very like spells from this mastery). I'm already tried to play with "full pets" builds with prophet and elementalist - but as for melee toon this becomes bit too flashy for me (because all pets in melee range) and it doesn't feel what i'm do something, because this beasties crush everything (espcially with right gear). :)

Thanks for excellent mod, it is feel awesome! I'm tried to play in previous version with TQAE not so long ago, but it was buggy in some places and i'm abandon. However previous version was much more harder i'm think.

PS: Caravan UI, transfer page is buggy - it shows big room for items, but actually only 1/3 is work. Running over TQAE 2.9. In case of any UI improvements, my preference is not touch caravan ui at all. They are not so bad as is, and no matter how many you add space to it, if you want save items - you eventually will come to external vault anyway.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mountainblade

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: 20 February 2020, 01:18:35 »
Glad to see you are still modding, bumble!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 20 February 2020, 01:33:45 »
Oh hi @mountainblade  :) it's been really hard to keep going when nordic/pieces make big changes that make me start over again and again...I'm too old for this sh*t ;) if I could have just made it once, I would have been done and getting lame feedback on Steam about drop rates or something

@lixiss thx for detailed feedback, I really appreciate it :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 20 February 2020, 01:45:35 »
Oh hi @mountainblade  :) it's been really hard to keep going when nordic/pieces make big changes that make me start over again and again...I'm too old for this sh*t ;) if I could have just made it once, I would have been done and getting lame feedback on Steam about drop rates or something

@lixiss thx for detailed feedback, I really appreciate it :)

I think it will be the opposite, ofc there always people who complain about everyhting, but most of people really liked on steam.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 20 February 2020, 16:55:10 »
@Bumbleguppy I'm progressed to somewhere in near end of A3... but now not have much time to go deeper. And i'm doesn't know... should i'm go into Ragnarok/Atlantis content or i'm should go into Epic sooner? I'm already at level 35.

I'm found what LoC content/monsters, especially heroes much stronger than normal ones. I'm doesnt say what they are too strong, they just not match majority of other nearby monsters. But without deeper progress i'm will not able provide real feedback here.

It is supposed to get drops of Greater Artifacts on Normal? I'm already get some.

I'm think i'm already found some another items which is references "invalid skill profile" as well as not fulfilled sets. It is bit annoying to keep bug list during playing, and i'm think it is should be better and easier to find this wrong references during mod compilation.

Say, `u_n_traitor'sshiv.dbr`has:
```
augmentSkillLevel1,1,
augmentSkillName1,records\skills\stealth\sneakattack.dbr,
```

But, it is definitely absent sneakattack.dbr file.

If ArtManager doesn't report this kind issues, then we can do this programmatically. If you need help with this kind tool, let me know. It is should be really easy to do in hacky but still automated way.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: 20 February 2020, 18:33:55 »
@Bumbleguppy I'm progressed to somewhere in near end of A3... but now not have much time to go deeper. And i'm doesn't know... should i'm go into Ragnarok/Atlantis content or i'm should go into Epic sooner? I'm already at level 35.

I'm found what LoC content/monsters, especially heroes much stronger than normal ones. I'm doesnt say what they are too strong, they just not match majority of other nearby monsters. But without deeper progress i'm will not able provide real feedback here.

Champions/Heroes and bosses are more stronger than the normals ones and versus vanilla champions. Its one  features of the mod.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 20 February 2020, 18:41:12 »
If ArtManager doesn't report this kind issues, then we can do this programmatically. If you need help with this kind tool, let me know. It is should be really easy to do in hacky but still automated way.

WHat? That would be great!

What you are saying sounds to me like "It is an easy thing to fly to the moon and build a city in a day" and I am all like:

:o

I use TextCrawler for mass updates, but I have nothing that can find bugs I don't know are there. :)

ArtManager only gives errors on incompatible file types in source/assets in my experience, a utility to find broken file references would be a AWESOME tool for big mods!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 20 February 2020, 20:46:27 »
@Bumbleguppy I'm pushed some source at https://github.com/lixiss/glacie . Glacie - is mine mod name, but it actually very far from start, so repository now holds small hacky tool for you. I'm really has no time to work on it, and i'm need normal tools. I'm very surprised how you guys work with awful tooling... it is hard... So, don't expect too big growing on it. However something we can do just now.

Basically it do check (in this file) https://github.com/Lixiss/Glacie/blob/master/src/glacie-checkdb/Rules.cs two dbr properties. I'm hope what not write too many bugs. :)

Note, that tool check only presence of file. This means what it has access only to resources under database/records directory which you specify. It will not lookup nothing in original arz files. So, if something references "base" resource which are coming from game database.arz - it will not find it. So, best validation results can be achieved if you unpack original game database, then write own database files on top of that, and then over given directory run tool. Or someone write proper support. So... you can easily add additional checks in Rules.cs, but i'm can't check all "file_dbr" properties because it will cause too many false-positives.

Tool done in .NET Core, so if you want modify for self something you will need install it. Visual Studio (Community Edition is okay) may be also used or VSCode.

I'm doesn't do any "merge" with game's database arz, and just run over your's extracted database and here tool's output for you: https://gist.github.com/Lixiss/7acede178670d95c4b7d92f26fb6f829 (so you can pick it just now without been boring with all this dev tools). I'm doesn't test it very well, but results looks sensible (at least in start of list). If you need any specific improvement over tool, or have suggestion, it should be good idea to create issue on GitHub (however sometimes i doesn't see notifications, there is too big traffic on emails, and only real way to reach me is messengers, so i'm I apologize in advance if miss something.)

ADD: I'm updated tool, and update their result. E.g. it now looks for resource in mod, and then it optionally lookup for resource in second directory. This way i'm filter out correct references. So now i'm reduced list to 54 resources with invalid skill references. Link above with results is same.
« Last Edit: 20 February 2020, 21:28:04 by lixiss »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: 20 February 2020, 22:02:44 »
@Bumbleguppy added quick analyzing of set items. It take sets and ensure what setMembers is set, and then check what each member provide back reference to item set. Results: https://gist.github.com/Lixiss/cce4da37e44fa73407c0255a0522220b

E.g. possible errors are: referenced non existent item, referenced item doesn't set `itemSetName` property and/or item itself declares what it part of another set. To be fair, i'm not sure how this properties really work, never touch sets, but this rules seems logical.

:)
« Last Edit: 20 February 2020, 22:06:21 by lixiss »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #42 on: 20 February 2020, 23:33:34 »
Can you describe how to use the tool ? What software you need to use the .cs files ? You have to compile them ?
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: 21 February 2020, 01:03:50 »
Can you describe how to use the tool ? What software you need to use the .cs files ? You have to compile them ?

1. You need .NET Core SDK installed, just pick latest 3.1+. ( https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core/3.1 , it is available on win, linux, macos ).
2. Once it is done, in command prompt / shell you will be able to execute `dotnet` command.
3. Now from command prompt you can go into `src/glacie-checkdb` directory. This directory holds project file `glacie-checkdb.csproj`.
4. `dotnet run` command will compile and run project if it is called from directory contained any .csproj file. So only thing you need is give right arguments.

Example:

Code: [Select]
dotnet run -- "U:\Games\Titan Quest Mods\Legion of Champions Atlantis\extracted" "U:\Games\Titan Quest IX-Glacie\tqae-2.8b-database"
Same, but save result into file:
dotnet run -- "U:\Games\Titan Quest Mods\Legion of Champions Atlantis\extracted" "U:\Games\Titan Quest IX-Glacie\tqae-2.8b-database" > report.txt
You can create some run.cmd batch file to not enter all this stuff manually everytime, and place it everywhere you want. Then it's contents might looks like:
:: cd - stands to Change Directory. /d switch means what disk (U:) also will be changed.
cd /d "U:\Glacie\Glacie\src\glacie-checkdb"
dotnet run -- "U:\Games\Titan Quest Mods\Legion of Champions Atlantis\extracted" "U:\Games\Titan Quest IX-Glacie\tqae-2.8b-database" > report.txt

PS: It is possible to compile it into executable / self-contained executable, and run without runtime or SDK separately installed, but size will be big and practically it is easier to go with SDK.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Relativity

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: 29 February 2020, 14:15:38 »

How is the work going? Can you upload the newer version for TQ:Atlantis?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal