Author Topic: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)  (Read 96023 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)
« Reply #225 on: 17 July 2018, 20:17:44 »
I was trying to use pets before but I figured I'd try a non pet build since the pets were dying in seconds but that wasn't really working either since I was so used to using pets and I'm getting all the attention from the enemies.

I think the only reason I never used relics or charms is because I'd never know how temporary gear would be

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #226 on: 17 July 2018, 22:16:40 »
This whole "I don't know how to do it" thing is needed to make you write more pages of text, get tired, and annoyed. Before he invented it he posted his sceens in the funny screenshots thread just fine. Once you wrote enough to help him he "fails" again with a spectacle.

Ok Tower of Judgement....

1st floor: Full of squid things, they almost one-shot me and my pets.
2nd floor: Mastery stone, so three wolves at a really good strength, last a split second against a melinoe hero and I'm back to two weak wolves again.
3rd floor and beyond are just going to be suicide.

I just......can't fathom anyone clearing normal......does everyone cheat or something?
Who writes like this? Thats some not very good acting.

In your place I would reconsider if you want to engage in this funny scheme further.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #227 on: 17 July 2018, 22:41:26 »
if it's me i would've banned this member already.. this is not his first offense
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: 17 July 2018, 23:13:36 »
i have no ideia why "you are failing", you seen have good gear,  just try find sone new rings , since you dont use pets atm.

about the skill, just use squall+ plague and ice shards and everything will die super fast.

i have a ritualist ( have way crap gear than you) and its fine, no deaths and is in epic , using mostly the plague skill, if you have problem with survivability, use briar ward, its a great escape tool.

about your resistance, their are fine, maybe except your pierce resistance, enchant hag skin and it will fix some machae issue.

Also heart of oak will boost your survivability.

bit off topic:i will not judge you our anything , but being passive-agressive isnt the right decision, people are trying to help you and posting " i will be banned / hated person" doesnt help the case. in this case you.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: 18 July 2018, 09:57:15 »
if it's me i would've banned this member already.. this is not his first offense

What is his offense exactly? Is there a post where he actually offend someone?
I dont see much of a problem if someone seeks attention even by complaining... the forum won't overload and it's a free internet.
The real problem for me is when many people team up vs one person, Study Prey him and start attacking him. In my book that's a dishonorable thing to do.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: 18 July 2018, 10:28:21 »

But at least I'm right, this place doesn't like bad players.

I'm not going back to the earlier posts it's too much.. i know you guys would probably not ban him.. I'm just saying that if it's me I'll ban this guy.. why would we want to team up anyway? i tried to be friends with this guy countless times, each time he doesn't want to.. if he doesn't want to he could just said so in a nice manner
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: 18 July 2018, 10:40:58 »
in fact i would demand he apologize to the people of this community
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #232 on: 18 July 2018, 10:41:19 »
Forum rules:

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=28.0

Nothing I've read in this and other threads so far warrants a ban.

Everyone has the option not to respond to any poster on the forum.  You don't have to contribute.

Deepblue, if you only have 3 deaths I'd say you're doing pretty well.   Most of my toons average around 30 to the end of Legendary.  Both my Conquorers who were my first to complete the game had 60.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: 18 July 2018, 10:44:01 »
yes i just said that if it's me i would ban him

i am an ordinary member of this forum so my opinions don't reflect the interests of the owners of this forum
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: 18 July 2018, 10:52:09 »
i have been wanting to ask this before but didn't:

Deepblue has said that he has been banned from several forums before..

Deepblue, i would like to ask which forums were those, and what your usernames were on those forums
« Last Edit: 18 July 2018, 10:54:52 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: 18 July 2018, 11:27:27 »
Admins would always want to stay withing the rules so nope, no bans are going to happen, no point of asking for that. Most optimal way out would be to close the thread, otherwise he would return to it periodically to necro it. For that we just need to agree this discussion is toxic and does not need to be going further

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: 18 July 2018, 12:22:54 »
i have no ideia why "you are failing", you seen have good gear,  just try find sone new rings , since you dont use pets atm.
I think I'm just being really super careful because a lot of hits almost kill me so I run back a lot. Wouldn't be so much of a problem if I could pretty much melt everything (The whole point of a mage-type character right? Can one-shot but can also get one-shot sorta thing)

Basically I'm struggling throughout late Act IV and I'm getting stuck in the same place a lot, usually because of that Dactyl or a group of enemies in a certain spot.
If this is how I'm progressing I don't think I will stand a chance with hades and even if I do barely defeat him, I'll then have problems with Act V. I mean I already had problems before Act IV with Typhon (I could only fire staff and dodge, took ages. Didn't get a chance to do anything else)

about the skill, just use squall+ plague and ice shards and everything will die super fast.
That's actually what I had been doing, both with pets and without (with shards instead)
Things take a long time to take down, especially if I haven't found a mastery stone yet and boosted my pets.
and with ice shards, they use a ton of magicka so I often find myself running away anyway before recovering it.

i have a ritualist ( have way crap gear than you) and its fine, no deaths and is in epic , using mostly the plague skill, if you have problem with survivability, use briar ward, its a great escape tool.
Maybe that's just the right mastery combo and build for you?
I still don't really know what's right for me.

about your resistance, their are fine, maybe except your pierce resistance, enchant hag skin and it will fix some machae issue.
Yeah I'm not quit used to using them, keep forgetting about them.
I just never used to use them either because I'd save them for relics or because I wouldn't know if I'd still be using a gear piece or if it's a short lived one and wouldn't want to waste them.

Also heart of oak will boost your survivability.
I was using heart of oak when I was doing pets.
I think I got mixed up when I tried to follow a build that doesn't use pets.

bit off topic:i will not judge you our anything , but being passive-agressive isnt the right decision, people are trying to help you and posting " i will be banned / hated person" doesnt help the case. in this case you.

.....I know
Any community I'm in I just get the same results. I'm just more annoyed with myself, I keep saying "this time will be different" and yet it never is, sometimes I don't even understand how it even started, I'm just suddenly back to the same again.
Except for when I was in the old forum, but then I didn't really post much since most members posted about the more advanced stuff in TQ and I had no idea what they were talking about.
« Last Edit: 18 July 2018, 12:25:38 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: 18 July 2018, 13:48:06 »
Just an inferiority complex. Just a game, so what if you die a lot. Don't complain, perhaps ARPG games are not for you. Find an Adventure game where you just solve puzzles and don't die. They can be lots of fun.
Get the vault and collect lots of relics. If you have apiece of equipment put a relic in it, If you find a better piece, either go to the vault and put  a relic in it or take the relic out of the old. In almost every town you  can pay to have it removed. Choice is save relic or equipment. Most all equipment is temporary.
I don't think anybody can tell you how to play. Just give you hints. Being  a terrible player myself, I look for a guide of that character. It can give you a hint of what it takes to win.  you will never find the same things or play the way that person plays.
There  is a post that tells what each monster does, use it and change gear to to fight it. Kiting is a way of life in most of  this type game.
Good luck!
« Last Edit: 18 July 2018, 13:51:57 by oldage »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: 18 July 2018, 16:18:40 »
hm...I'm thinking maybe I'm relying too much on pets.
Maybe something like an elementalist would work out better.
Or Dream+Storm

There are still pets (I like using summons on mage type characters) but not as many so easier to manage and plus it means I have to put in more damage myself.

perhaps ARPG games are not for you.

I get this a lot with any game I play.
I only really play game types I like the best.

I think the mastery combos I most enjoyed were

mage types in general (just need to find the right one)
Conqueror
Berserker

Though I'm probably better off with ranged types overall. Like you said, kiting is a big advantage in this game (I know you can kite as melee but obviously more risky)
« Last Edit: 18 July 2018, 16:25:30 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: 18 July 2018, 16:33:29 »
There are no special people on the internet, just trolls. No uncurable learning disability too, in non-offending words. Thats the best marker of a troll by the way. Whatever trouble people come to discuss to the internet, they do not need to be told about solution more than once.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal