Author Topic: [AE 1.56 theory] Scatter Shot Alternative Stonespeaker Build  (Read 21701 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: [AE 1.56 theory] Scatter Shot Alternative Stonespeaker Build
« Reply #30 on: 04 July 2018, 03:25:03 »
it's just different with neiths will and ladons maw

this is rather quite funny: https://steamcommunity.com/app/475150/discussions/0/1488866813779164861/

i have like 10 neiths will now all found by just going through the game
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: 09 July 2018, 13:22:50 »
Feeling really stupid again: I was dying a lot in Act III Epic, because I was careless/impatient, but also against Dragonians, even though my main attack damage at max charge Rune Weapon is about 2200~2300. Increasing damage and defensive buffs seemed to do little. It's only then that I noticed that the Dragonian Warlocks' aura looks a lot like my own Heat Shield. Usually the Warlocks died quickly, but so did I. Yup, I'd been increasing my fire elemental damage, and prioritising Warlocks as a target, whenever I was losing health,.. only to have it reflected right back in my face.

Now that I just let Corey piss about and wait untill the Warlocks' Heat Shield expires, I'm not dying anymore, and actually steamrolling through the later stages of vanilla.

That said, the careless/impatient deaths still happen sometimes. The main reason for this is that even on agressive stance, Corey is slow, not as in his physical speed, but he's mentally slow. He keeps dragging behind me, and I have to manually send him forward every so many meters. It would be nice if there were some kind of setting to have your pets walk in front of you, instead of behind, though Wolves allready seem to do that on their own account.

Finally, I just got another double-drop:

Not too happy about it for now, but it might end up working in my favour, if I want to find two Chakram of the Sun. For now I might in facte use the Chakram of the Lawless to level. My unbuffed damage is going down by about 200, but that's with one. I've kept enough skillpoints in reserve to max out Reckless Offense straight away. I'm assuming that with both of them equiped, my damage will be significantly more than with Zhu Rong's bow.

If the speed buffs, and experience increases stack, it's almost too good to be true. Stacked they would also give +4 to all skills in Warfare mastery. That'd be amazing on a dual-throw Beserker build.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 09 July 2018, 14:18:47 »
i actually think it's better for a slayer.. marksmanship over onslaught.. less damage but it pierces.. and you won't benefit from runeword:explode and burn much anyway because the weapon forces you to a str + dex build.. scatter shot might be better for a str + dex build.. no sacred rage but you'll have enough damage from battle standard, study prey, art of the hunt, and call of the hunt.. no menhir wall but you'll have monster lure.. might go well with tracker's hood.. then either SBC or sentinel's armbands

unless if you want to build it int + dex berserker but then that high percent physical damage would be wasted

and the DA stacking: 128 + 125 + ultimate max wood lore
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: 11 July 2018, 11:06:45 »
Blazing through Act IV again. Still some occassional silly deaths, because I'm horribly undergeared armour-wise. I've got a lot of Legendary armours, Monster Infrequents, and Greens stashed, but they're all strength based so I can't wear them. Oh well, I am rather over-geared on the offensive and jewelry sides, so I'll just have to make do untill I get across some better armour. I really don't feel like farming in Epic for now.

On a different note, I am considering buying back ALL the points I invested in Ring of Flame and Soften Metal. It looks decent enough, also in a literal sense: the visuals are nice, and it's a great mob killer in Normal. However, I find that its offensive capabilities scale poorly, and on a ranged character, enemies are not getting close enough, or at least they shouldn't. When they ssometimes do, you want a defensive buff or enemy offensive debuff more than an offensive effect, but the only thing you're getting in that area is 15% reduced enemy offensive ability for 3 seconds,.. that's hardly worth 20 skillpoints. Then you also get an enemy defensive debuff in the form of -110 armour for 3 seconds, but that's it. The rest is 33 flat damage and 57 flat fire damage per second, which'd be good if you were facetanking, as it is per second, and in combination with other aura's or trances, but simply isn't on a ranged intelligence based or hybrid character. Aside from the skillpoints, it consumes a lot of energy too, which is not so much a problem on a build that doesn't consume much otherwise, but still dangerous when facing energy leeching bosses. It's just annoying too, having to watch that energy gauge, lest your enchantments deactivate, because you were just a tad too late rinking that potion. I might even be better of dumping those points in Unleash, even though it's electrical burn damage.

i actually think it's better for a slayer.. marksmanship over onslaught.. less damage but it pierces.. and you won't benefit from runeword:explode and burn much anyway because the weapon forces you to a str + dex build.. scatter shot might be better for a str + dex build.. no sacred rage but you'll have enough damage from battle standard, study prey, art of the hunt, and call of the hunt.. no menhir wall but you'll have monster lure.. might go well with tracker's hood.. then either SBC or sentinel's armbands

unless if you want to build it int + dex berserker but then that high percent physical damage would be wasted

and the DA stacking: 128 + 125 + ultimate max wood lore

Good point.

For now I'm sticking with my Stonespeaker though  ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline RegalStar

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: 11 July 2018, 17:10:35 »
I'm running a stonespeaker as well, so I'd like to throw in some opinion on the skills:

-Aftershock is pretty important because it's the only -res skill that you have. Having it can dramatically increase killing speed of bosses.
-Eruption is a good spell to have too. You can toss it in the middle of some archer mobs to kill them while you dodge or focus on something else, and using it against bosses increase killing speed too. Don't use it on golden boar or mobs with reflection though.
-Wildfire and Inner Fire aren't that useful. The main function of Corey is to tank, not do damage. There's HP Regenertion and -OA but even without them Corey can tank long enough that you can just resummon if its HP gets low.
-Energy Drain doesn't really need more than 1 point. -OA and slow are nice but they aren't that vital, and this build doesn't use a lot of MP.
-I've never actually used Menhir/Guardian Stone so I can't comment on how good or bad they are, but it didn't seem to me like I'd need another distraction when Corey does its job already.

I'd say that These[url] are the core skills of the build, and level 68 should be fairly reasonable.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 22 July 2018, 20:26:40 »
I'm still very weak to the poison burst damage by Kalygoths and Zombie Blightcasters. This makes Epic Tower of Judgement uplayable, since it's very difficult to avoid those attacks in those confined spaces. I'll have to gear up specifically against poison after all.  I'm wondering though, my poison resist is not thát low, (lack of) armour should not really matter, and I never had these poison issue in Epic before. Has poison DoT been buffed in the recent patch?

I'm running a stonespeaker as well, so I'd like to throw in some opinion on the skills:

-Aftershock is pretty important because it's the only -res skill that you have. Having it can dramatically increase killing speed of bosses.
-Eruption is a good spell to have too. You can toss it in the middle of some archer mobs to kill them while you dodge or focus on something else, and using it against bosses increase killing speed too. Don't use it on golden boar or mobs with reflection though.
-Wildfire and Inner Fire aren't that useful. The main function of Corey is to tank, not do damage. There's HP Regenertion and -OA but even without them Corey can tank long enough that you can just resummon if its HP gets low.
-Energy Drain doesn't really need more than 1 point. -OA and slow are nice but they aren't that vital, and this build doesn't use a lot of MP.
-I've never actually used Menhir/Guardian Stone so I can't comment on how good or bad they are, but it didn't seem to me like I'd need another distraction when Corey does its job already.

I'd say that These[url] are the core skills of the build, and level 68 should be fairly reasonable.

- I had Energy Drain maxed, because I was running maxed Ring of Flame. However, I'm also considering dropping that in favour of Eruption. What do you think about the Health Leech on Energy Drain though?
- Guardian Stones suck, but Menhir Wall as a seperate skill seems to be worth the 10 points, especially in dungeons where you can't kite as effectively, but can very easily block passageways. The problem is that it's bugged though, and unreliable as a result.
- I find Inner Fire usefull mainly because of the speed buff. Corey is allready slow as he is.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline RegalStar

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 23 July 2018, 04:31:14 »
I don't remember having particular troubles with the poison spewers. They do a lot of damage if you get caught in them, but if need be you can just send Corey ahead and let them spew poison first, then run in and hit them. In the Tower of Judgement at least you can also toss Eruption over walls a lot of the time.

Energy Drain's AdtH doesn't scale with levels so 1 point is enough. And yeah I wouldn't recommend Ring of Flame for a non-melee build. As for Guardian Stones, since my own Stonespeaker is pretty high leveled I found some free points to max it out; I use it on my fafnir runs but they don't seem to increase my killing speed noticably. Menhir I just flat out never used beyond normal act I since using F2 to send in Corey where you need it to be generally works well enough, so I guess I can't really say much about it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 23 July 2018, 19:11:13 »
Against Kalygoths and Blightcasters, I'd recommend a single point in Stone Form (probably one in Molten Rock, too). If you notice that you got hit, just activate it immediately, it prevents all the poison damage from then on, even if you got hit beforehand. It lasts long enough that you survive, and then you can retaliate after Stone Form ends!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: 24 July 2018, 11:25:18 »
Against Kalygoths and Blightcasters, I'd recommend a single point in Stone Form (probably one in Molten Rock, too). If you notice that you got hit, just activate it immediately, it prevents all the poison damage from then on, even if you got hit beforehand. It lasts long enough that you survive, and then you can retaliate after Stone Form ends!

Oh wow, I didn't think it would. I assumed I would keep taking poison damage in Stone Form. That alone makes the skill worth it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Vio

• aka Violos
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 24 July 2018, 23:39:20 »
Even if you did chances are that the regeneration counters it.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal