Author Topic: Titan quest Atlantis Feedback  (Read 17112 times)

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Titan quest Atlantis Feedback
« on: 12 May 2019, 11:54:26 »
It was a nice suprise seeing this lovely game gets a another offcial expansion, this time the Hero journeys into the mystical city of Atlantis.

This is just my personal opinion about new dlc, sometimes can be wrong

Story: Its short and simple to understand, but i enjoyed. 8/10

Quests: There are about 10 minor quests, if im not wrong, their objectives is get the X Item or Kill X monster, nothing bad agaisnt it, BUT the main issue i have is how easly you can miss the quests, since the npcs dont have any exclamation mark sign, so its about hit or miss. The quests rewards is exp and gold , one of then rewards you with a complete relic. 50/50

Monsters: This time i can say TQ Nordic/pieces nailed with the new monster design, they have more polish than the ones from Ragnarok, we got mosquitos/lions/Aquatic monsters, every single one is different and well made. 7/10

There are 2x our 3x monsters that could needed bit more working , for exemple the octopus, found only in Atlantis , have same texture and abilities of Epiales, just have different name.

Environments: Every single places you visit are well shapped , i loved the Journey into Atlas Mountain, its gorgeous.  Easy 10/10 for me

Itens : I didnt played much the new act, just one single gameplay, so i cant say much about it, but i can say there are few interesting MIS, for exemple The coralman Mi gives +1/2 to defense and dream mastery. but sadly their stats are poorly added. 6/10

Music: For me the music from Atlantis didnt had great impact like Ragnarok, I wish they added epic sad chorus ambient music around ATlantis city for exemple . 4/10

Bosses: there are few of then but every single one is interesting, have unique skills and animations, i like their fights. 8/10

The bad thing i can say about this new DLC is technical issues, from crashes and terrain conflicts,( im sure it will be fixed soon ). Aside from that. Its a solid adventure :)

« Last Edit: 12 May 2019, 11:56:27 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Re: Titan quest Atlantis Feedback
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2019, 12:47:16 »
Not to mention all weapon MIs that have no stat at all, and that now all past mods need to be rebuilt for them to work. Not really a fan of this TBH. I won't deny that there is good additions though.

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2019, 17:36:47 »
Made a small custom mod just to try out the new content (3 wolves at lvl 16, more dmg and attack speed for nymph and coredweller, bigger radius on fire enchantment...I forgot how fast a small mod can build in ArtManager lol). Only up to Egypt.

Some observations:
  • Quick Cast is awesome....using it for Refresh on pets is so fast. A long called for addition to the game mechanics. :)
  • Monster proxies no longer spawn in a uniform pattern but have some new subtle randomness in their initial positions, pretty cool. Good addition as it prevents AoE damage form hitting all the spawn at once and makes it more exciting tactically when you are suddenly out of position since you can't predict your flanks.
  • Pets are better at ignoring hidden monsters, though not perfect I think it's noticeable.
  • Pet's pathing around the blocked areas (Iznu area near Fayum is best to test this) doesn't completely peg my computer, though this could be because I am used to the increased spawns from my custom mod I've been playing before.
  • Teleport portal spawns directly beneath the player's feet now.

Downsides:
Little break in stone wall at the beginning of the Athens Battle field east side has been repaired. That was my sneaky way to flank the mobs. Ah well.

EDIT: I'm getting forgetful in my age, teleport was always at players feet, right?
« Last Edit: 12 May 2019, 22:03:42 by Bumbleguppy »

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2019, 19:20:12 »
Forget to add :

Voice acting is superior than Ragnarok, almost reach the tier of base game 8/10

Also theres a new sufix/prefix that allows you enchants 2x relics/charm on a item :o
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2019, 22:12:15 »
Nope, teleport was never under your feet. Not unless you managed to aim it there.

All the various noises made by foes in Ragnarok and Atlantis get on my nerves.  The contrast with the base game is noticeable. Do we really need each and every monster making a sound when it dies?  No. 

Offline legowarrior

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2019, 17:00:49 »
Anyone else misses the lack of portals or paths at the end of every boss fight in Atlantis.   It might not make sense, but having to use my teleport ability at the end of every boss fight seems lazy.

Anyway, just made it to Atlantis with my over leveled character.  It's been a breeze, but I have a few characters that just killed the Titan, and I think it'll be fun to run through Atlantis with them. 

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2019, 17:12:42 »
Anyone else misses the lack of portals or paths at the end of every boss fight in Atlantis.   It might not make sense, but having to use my teleport ability at the end of every boss fight seems lazy.

Not sure I'd call that laziness. It justifies them introducing more varied landscapes, which demands lots of work, doesn't it? And I think they did a good job on the variety. Having to use a portal to get back to the main town isn't very tedious either.

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2019, 17:52:06 »
Not sure whether the enemy noises are really that much different from the base game. Satyr (death) grunts and Meanad (death) cries also get repetitive.

Creator of the Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #8 on: 14 May 2019, 01:18:30 »
Not sure whether the enemy noises are really that much different from the base game. Satyr (death) grunts and Meanad (death) cries also get repetitive.
Base game sounds were never as annoying. Monster sounds in base game was a good work which I cannot say about two new expansions. New ones are too unnatural and also too loud. They could be better if they were at around the same volume as crablings in Atlantis city.

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2019, 03:08:12 »
Yeah for me the main problem is the volume difference with monster sounds, way too loud. Actual sounds themselves are okay.

Probably number one thing I'm really impressed with is the new sound track. They nailed this I rekon
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #10 on: 14 May 2019, 03:36:46 »
Probably number one thing I'm really impressed with is the new sound track. They nailed this I rekon

Ditto, I couldn't agree more...I found myself just idling in the lower Atlantean ruins because I just loved that tune so much  :))

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2019, 09:48:34 »
looks like im the only one who ddint enjoyed Atlantis music very much, maybe i need to do more runs :)

I dont think Atlantis monsters are to loud, well there are some weird monster background, aside that, their volumes arent that horrible than trools and bandits in the previous act, egh im still hear they voices in my head lol

Offline Diego982

• Titan Quest is not just a game, is a Mythology
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 14 May 2019, 16:30:04 »
I've found a bug. After I defeat the boss in the Parthenon and went to the Athens docks, the point of access - meaning the fast travel to Knossos - would not appear. I had to use the TQ Defiler to set the Knossos Portal.

Hope the guys in the Nordic can solve it.

EDIT: I communicate this bug in the Redmine of THQNordic
« Last Edit: 14 May 2019, 16:41:03 by Diego982 »

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #13 on: 14 May 2019, 17:39:25 »
looks like im the only one who ddint enjoyed Atlantis music very much, maybe i need to do more runs
The soundtrack is very good. I do not know, what more do you want from it.

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 14 May 2019, 17:52:45 »
looks like im the only one who ddint enjoyed Atlantis music very much, maybe i need to do more runs
The soundtrack is very good. I do not know, what more do you want from it.

Not saying the music is bad, just dont have that impact, different tastes i guess

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal