Author Topic: [REL] Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17 (v1.17c)  (Read 10415 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
[REL] Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17 (v1.17c)
« on: 20 November 2017, 13:21:05 »
Alright, in case there are still some people running only old IT, here's my patchfix thread from the old titanquest.net forums (posted in 2012...geez, has it really been 5 years?):

Hi there,

2 months ago I came across the buglist thread for the Fanpatch 1.17. As I saw that there weren't any people left working on a Fanpatch 1.18 to fix the remaining issues, I decided to try and implement most fixes reported there.

Today I can finally present to you the outcome of my work: The Patchfix for 1.17

First off, this is still not tested on a wide scope of installations. You shouldn't run into problems though. Just test it and report back here If something goes wrong, you can always revert to your backup files (for instructions on which files to backup, see the Readme), but nevertheless USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! (and read the Readme )

IMPORTANT! This Fix requires an installed Fanpatch 1.17!
EVEN MORE IMPORTANT! READ THE README!

>>DOWNLOAD<< (~40 MB)
>>DOWNLOAD<< (DBR files - for modders only)
Patchfix + CameraMod (over @ titanquest.4fansites.de (German)) //included in 1.17c!

For a complete list of fixes, see the attached fixes.txt

Have fun,
~ spectre

Thank God for web.archive.org!

Creator of the Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pinhan Pain

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [REL] Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17 (v1.17c)
« Reply #1 on: 28 November 2017, 21:25:48 »
I am writing the same thing again but no need for web archive or anything because like I said to you last year patchfix is already on KP too like every TQ thing :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline idbeholdME

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2019, 16:15:30 »
Hi,

I'd like to ask about the details of the RNG fix option included in this patch. I understand the details got lost when the old forums shut down so I have to ask here.

Does it just fix the issues with the random seed or does it also affect anything else? I am still not sure if I want to use it or not. Is there any reason I might not want the RNG fix? Does the RNG fix have any negatives at all? And how does it change the drops compared to vanilla?

Also one more question:
If I use the uninstall option in the installer, I assume it returns to the original 1.17 fanpatch? Just asking to be sure.

Thanks.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2020, 18:11:19 »
Sorry for the (very) late answer, but if you're still interested:

Yes, it only fixes the issues with the seed generation. It does, however, affect existing items - their boni values might change. So if you want to keep your item with +21% int or something, you might not want it.

Yes, it puts back the database it finds when you install it, which should be the fanpatched one.

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~

Not Yet Rated!

Offline idbeholdME

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #4 on: 08 April 2020, 10:11:56 »
Thanks. Luckily, I had e-mail notifications set on.

I noticed back then that installing and uninstalling the patch changed the boni values. But knowing for sure that it only fixes the faulty seed generation and nothing else related to drops is good to know.

I know I am in the vast minority here in still using TQ Gold with the fanpatch so the fact the I even got an answer eventually is great   :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Nyktouros

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #5 on: 10 July 2020, 13:07:52 »
Hi, I have a question about the Patchfix installer.

Recently I reinstalled the good old WinXP on my secondary desktop to run good old games easier, and now installer refuses to run giving unspecified error (like 'Application got an error and must be closed'), though it ran flawlessly earlier. So does installer have some system requirements to run, like some specific .NET or C++ version, or maybe some DLL?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 10 July 2020, 17:21:09 »
Hi, I have a question about the Patchfix installer.

Recently I reinstalled the good old WinXP on my secondary desktop to run good old games easier, and now installer refuses to run giving unspecified error (like 'Application got an error and must be closed'), though it ran flawlessly earlier. So does installer have some system requirements to run, like some specific .NET or C++ version, or maybe some DLL?
Hello and welcome to the forum  ^-^

From what I know, 1.17c is optional, and in my case in past I was not able to install it on windows XP. The most of things are fixed in 1.17a so maybe that is all you need. Once I went to windows 7 it was easy to install. Keep on mind that you need to install first 1.17a before going with 1.17c.
For more info and instructions contact Malgardian.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Nyktouros

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 10 July 2020, 20:18:16 »
From what I know, 1.17c is optional, and in my case in past I was not able to install it on windows XP. The most of things are fixed in 1.17a so maybe that is all you need. Once I went to windows 7 it was easy to install. Keep on mind that you need to install first 1.17a before going with 1.17c.

I just ask because I used Patchfix earlier on the same machine with WinXP on it and it worked like a charm. Then I installed Win7 there, got bored with its clunkiness and reinstalled WinXP with the same set of additional software as before, including all possible .NET and C++ versions, and now the Patchfix refuses to run. It looks strange.

Yes, I do know it's optional. And it can be installed manually anyway, though it's a kind of chore. Maybe, it would be the only option for me though.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 12 July 2020, 21:17:52 »

I just ask because I used Patchfix earlier on the same machine with WinXP on it and it worked like a charm. Then I installed Win7 there, got bored with its clunkiness and reinstalled WinXP with the same set of additional software as before, including all possible .NET and C++ versions, and now the Patchfix refuses to run. It looks strange.

Yes, I do know it's optional. And it can be installed manually anyway, though it's a kind of chore. Maybe, it would be the only option for me though.

Not sure, but yes, all .NET, no C++ needed for the installer. Are you sure you got all redists installed again?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Nyktouros

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 17 July 2020, 17:23:25 »
Are you sure you got all redists installed again?

Absolutely yes. The setup now is identical to previous WinXP configuration I used before.

I installed Patchfix manually, everything seems working now, but the version number on the main menu screen looks like 1.17[space].[space]sd. Is it normal?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal