Author Topic: Legion of Champions Eternal Embers development  (Read 9545 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Legion of Champions Eternal Embers development
« Reply #45 on: 17 December 2022, 01:55:47 »
Oh no, it's okay and I appreciate it especially since I have no idea how you do that. I was only wondering because it would be nice to have some Obelisks summon faster than others with a setting in the monster file.

But if that's not possible, I can just use the animation speed setting myself which is pretty much the same as having custom animations without the extra work.

I have my item skills for the new Neidan ordnance done up to Hermit. It's slow going.

If anyone wants to pipe up with some ideas for the remaining Neidan class ordnance skills I would like that.

I was watching an old video for the Ragnarok version where nargil66 played without pets, so if the skill for an ordnance amulet would be better being a player skill instead of a summon, that's something I would like to hear as I only play summoners myself. :))

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #46 on: 18 December 2022, 05:33:55 »
Which Ordnance are done and which remain? I can try help with ideas if something comes to mind.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: 18 December 2022, 22:12:28 »
Well, today I made the skill for the Monk ordnance, and since I had taken Kung Fu myself many years ago, I thought that a skill that bolsters strength, health and total damage would make sense.

For Pilgrim I added a skill that casts on enemy death and does elemental, pierce and bleeding in a 3m radius.

Ha ha, I tested it in Sparta on a dummy and wondered "why isn't this triggering?" it's an onenemykilled template skill lol

EDIT: So I wanted a skill that explodes where the enemy was at range. So I used a SKill_ProjectileAreaOfEffect template, I don't know if other templates work so whatever.

In the projectile unlike Squall the FlightFx don't work, I had to use projectileImpactFx slot in Projectile Effects in the aoe projectile itself

So I have Spiritualist and Wu left I think
« Last Edit: 18 December 2022, 22:17:54 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: 18 December 2022, 22:57:12 »
I wish you could increase a buff by killing an enemy multiple levels, but it doesn't look like that's possible.

I was thinking of turning Runemaster's Sacred Rage into Berzerk Rage that activates on kill, just nerf the duration or whatever. I think it fits the berzerker trope aesthetic better than low health trigger lol

Just wish it got stronger per kill though like a charged linear skill like Onslaught, oh well....hmmm, could a charged linear work? Just bump up the charge duration?

EDIT: Nope, of course not. Oh well. Still, a buff self duration should work, right?

EDIT: Yeah, buff self duration on enemy killed works fine.
« Last Edit: 18 December 2022, 23:10:00 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: 19 December 2022, 01:41:46 »
Changed Sacred Rage into an onkill template skill.

Frustratingly, neither the skill template or the buff skill it calls on activation seem to respect any cooldown values. It will activate based on the chance to activate and that's it. So I had to set it low (7%) just to have any time between casts. Really frustrating.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Morbeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #50 on: 31 January 2023, 14:19:33 »
Will you be adding extra content like the pirates cove to this mod?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal