Author Topic: Trickster, Transmutation, and stats  (Read 13510 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CircularReason

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Trickster, Transmutation, and stats
« Reply #15 on: 02 February 2018, 00:50:38 »
But you have that ability in rune that cuts strength requirements in half, right? Also, as far as calculating pierce damage, I was unclear on what was meant by the line in the AE patch notes that said:

"Pirecing damage now depends less heavily on Strength and more on Dexterity".

but isn't pierce damage a percent of physical damage, and physical damage is raised by strength? So in what way is the above statement true?

Bote - I didn't really get any good artifacts through farming the queens for SBC. Just got one set of those.

Also, can someone give me idea of what kind of effects are 'carried over' onto the throwing knife ability? I read somewhere that there are certain things that do carry over, but I don't know the specifics...

Thanks again for all your insight everyone. I am eager to learn.

PS: I don't have TQVault, and hence, nothing in it. You recommend me getting it? if so, where is the latest version? Second, does TQ Defiler still work? I tried GDdefiler to test it, but it won't let me edit most things. Not that I really want to, as I like playing it straight, but kinda a just in case kinda thing...
« Last Edit: 02 February 2018, 01:01:53 by CircularReason »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #16 on: 02 February 2018, 09:19:12 »
Not sure now much Runeword: Feather reduces str requirments to be honest.  I have it maxed, but may still need the jewellery to help out.

Throwing Knife will carry Envenom Weapon tree damages, not sure if Blade Honing and Anatomy also affect them.

If you like to collect gear (are a packrat in other words  ;)) then yes you definitely want to install TQVault.  The newest version is here and is Ragnarök compatible.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=246.0

You can make as many out of game storage vaults as you want, naming them what you want so it's easy to find stuff.  It's easy to move stuff to/from the Vault to a toon's caravan storage area or their inventory bags or to the transfer area.  I must have about 100 different Vaults by now.  :o

And if you do like collecting all the specials from the game you might want to install TQCollector as well which keeps track of what you've found so far and what's still missing.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=234.0

And we have a thread where you can boast of your new finds.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=237.0

No, TQDefiler doesn't work with the AE version except for editing your toons.   GDDefiler will hopefully include the mods that TQDefiler has like freeze time of day, infinite potion stacking, etc, but no timeline from Soul on when that's likely to happen.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #17 on: 02 February 2018, 21:46:04 »
circular dude.. yeah i also don't use defiler except when making tests.. but on my characters that i play, nope

i have some news.. i actually made some tests for both str build and int build.. but just for this playstyle.. i haven't tried melee and trapper style

1) i like the int build more.. it's a glass cannon but there's a workaround

2) i like one hand throwing and shield more (with maxed runeword:absorb).. wet? that's because:

3) it's your cure to counter the glass part of glass cannon.. what about the damage? we'll get there at (5)

4) the dual throwing range bug is still present.. if you don't know it yet, it's the bug (or feature?) that your weapon can't reach your target if you just click on your target at range.. it's not present on a one hand throwing.. it's not that big of a deal but for this build, you want rune weapon to charge at the very first encounter of mobs because

5) magical charge and energy drain (except transmutation) seem to affect throwing knife (skill).. wet de? I've long suspected this but i was having doubts.. this is just eye test but i seem to deal better damage with knives with maxed magical charge.. and i also steal life and mana even though i don't have life and mana steal on my gear.. so i take back what i said in energy drain.. it's worth maxing because you can spread reduced OA and slow via knives.. you have to make sure though that you have a fast attacking main throwing weapon to charge up rune weapon quickly

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc41c841c8rune6c4e.html?mastery=Trickster&master1=10&master2=6&sa=0&m1=32-10-6-6-16-1-0-0-1-1-0-0-10-1-12-0-8-0-6-4-6-0&m2=32-0-6-12-12-1-8-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-12-8-8-0-0-6-0

energy armor just enough so you can still cast it.. seal of fate for bosses.. the RR it provides is huge.. after it explodes, spray lots of knives of course with charged up rune weapon

again.. these are just eye tests.. but actually, i think this supports what vio previously said that transmutation also affects thunder strike, shield attacks, war wind, and other weapon attacks so long as the rune weapon aura is active.. remember runeword:feather also affects shields.. you can imagine the playstyle here.. it's a mash of left click, left click, right click, right click, left click, right click.. that's because you'd want to keep rune weapon aura active at the same time spread AoE damage.. %total damage from rune weapon also boosts the poison and bleed from knives

however, it's a double edged sword

1) you will almost never reach fully charged rune weapon because of the need to cast throwing knife (at least that's what happened on my tests)

2) rune lacks tricks that earth or storm provide.. you will have problems against monsters that deal reflection (you'll eventually get there).. i can think of some workarounds but it's more fun if you discover things yourself :)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CircularReason

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 03 February 2018, 01:44:01 »
1) i like the int build more.. it's a glass cannon but there's a workaround

Why do you like this more? More damage?

4) the dual throwing range bug is still present..

I noticed this in some tests, it's actually really annoying

2) rune lacks tricks that earth or storm provide.. you will have problems against monsters that deal reflection (you'll eventually get there).. i can think of some workarounds but it's more fun if you discover things yourself

What tricks? And please enlighten me on your workaround ideas. Careful planning before going to battle is better than dying and resurrecting in battle : )

So in all this, if I want to make a knife throwing skill / knife throwing weapon person, you would recommend going dex / int with transmutation?

"TQDefiler doesn't work with the AE version except for editing your toons. "

So it does work for editing toons? (not sure why they are called toons, but that's another story) - My son is playing with me, and wants to change his mastery. He's 8, so I figured I would let him, as he doesn't do the research I do before jumping in : )

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #19 on: 03 February 2018, 14:37:01 »
I think so. If not I believe GDDefiler does.  Since I don't edit my toons can't say for sure for either of them.  Just make sure to buy back all the skill points at a Mystic first.

Toons as far as I know comes from cartoons - presumably when gaming started that's what many figures looked like- cartoon figures.  Which soon got shortened to toons.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CircularReason

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 03 February 2018, 15:35:33 »
Yeah, so I downloaded tqvault and defiler. Got both working. Changed my son's mastery since he wasn't feeling it. Besides lots of error messages when opening it (defiler) up, it still worked fine.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal