Author Topic: Titan Quest - Titanomachy Mod ( Development )  (Read 217937 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Titan Quest - Titanomachy Mod ( Development )
« Reply #180 on: 05 July 2019, 16:14:55 »
Good job man :)
About the new sea nymph, download the PC mod, hair was too green and colorful, it's fixed there.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: 06 July 2019, 16:23:30 »
Very Thanks ! :D

A question/opinion

Im thinking removing the "POI" in caves, in other words, the cave icons no longer shows in mini map ( except if takes part of main quests, like gorgon caves/parnassus/Labyrinth).

Why im thinking about this ? It will give the feeling of exploring, finding a mysterious cave by accident. Adventure!

Toughts ?
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #182 on: 06 July 2019, 20:01:04 »
Well, from my experience, because I don't have super PC, when I'm near the cave/crypt entrance, I'm having slight FPS drops, so I have "hardware" warning about dungeons. :D

Unless... your new dungeon entrances will be hidden behind something (like in Lilith, some of them are behind bushes), then why not?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: 07 July 2019, 02:19:30 »
I will leave that for last adjustment to do, some are hidden, but mostly are new lvs for existing dungeons, with some entrance here and there

So far

-Increase potion stacks from 25 to 40 ( less shopping time and more action)
-Increase scrolls stacks from 10 to 15 ( time to collects those scrools now)

-Small adjustments on some monsters/map quality

-Created new monster group, you might know then, Corrupted Rogue tribes! I also imported their sounds from D2, its super great!

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #184 on: 07 July 2019, 06:09:19 »
Very Thanks ! :D

A question/opinion

Im thinking removing the "POI" in caves, in other words, the cave icons no longer shows in mini map ( except if takes part of main quests, like gorgon caves/parnassus/Labyrinth).

Why im thinking about this ? It will give the feeling of exploring, finding a mysterious cave by accident. Adventure!

Toughts ?

I'm all of secret caves if they serve a purpose : challenge, loot, shortcut(?). Exploring and stumbling on secret places is always a pleasure.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #185 on: 07 July 2019, 06:24:21 »
I will leave that for last adjustment to do, some are hidden, but mostly are new lvs for existing dungeons, with some entrance here and there

So far

-Increase potion stacks from 25 to 40 ( less shopping time and more action)
-Increase scrolls stacks from 10 to 15 ( time to collects those scrools now)

-Small adjustments on some monsters/map quality

-Created new monster group, you might know then, Corrupted Rogue tribes! I also imported their sounds from D2, its super great!
I think potion stack to 100 or even 500 is best  >:D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #186 on: 07 July 2019, 13:20:24 »
Just be cautious : if you go at 500 and attempt to drop them, the game could very well crash.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #187 on: 07 July 2019, 15:01:27 »
Just be cautious : if you go at 500 and attempt to drop them, the game could very well crash.
Alarm everyone don't keeping in inventory over 1000.
With slowest pc today, need about >1000 potions throw on the ground to crash  >:D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #188 on: 07 July 2019, 19:23:20 »
That's why you change the potion cap to 1 milion so you don't have to throw them on the ground.

And I'm doing this for years.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: 07 July 2019, 19:47:10 »
not saying I'm against this.. but i used to play multiplayer and there were plenty of times we didn't like portaling to towns.. the early games you might not have enough health pots so you might have to buy some.. but like i said, too lazy to portal to town.. so we just ask each other for health pots, which requires dropping a stack of health pots.. iirc, there was a trade option but it takes too long.. just dropping a stack of health pots was faster

later game you might have more than enough health pots but i play casters and I'm shameless ;D  .. casters are mana hungry and i would ask my playmates, even those i just met through online gaming, to drop me some mana because i was too lazy to portal to town.. (i even ask them to buy me mana pots whenever they portal to town)

now the question is: will this mod be popular enough to generate online multiplayer buzz?

edit: is the online multiplayer community still even alive? i mean are there still plenty of people there?

edit 2: iirc, even around epic difficulty we still had to buy/ask for health pots.. hmm maybe those were the untwinked times
« Last Edit: 07 July 2019, 20:02:08 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: 07 July 2019, 20:30:30 »
now the question is: will this mod be popular enough to generate online multiplayer buzz?

edit: is the online multiplayer community still even alive? i mean are there still plenty of people there?

Now this i cannot say, for what i see and played from other mods, this will bring something different ( wich is :  toons monsters varietys and new areas in main game), I do hope people enjoy it, im doing this not for myself but for everyone else who wants to try something new in old good game wich we all love.

The downside im thinking is "no new itens , no new skills" wich almost everyone wants to see in a mod, BUT im not worrie about it:). In another hand , you can build once again your favourite builds combos, just in different World.

I can see some multiplayer about this mod, a duo will fit perfectly, 6x player will be a nightmare duo of increase of increase monster spawns  O:-)

I will leave the final answer when i realese the 1st act, wich is coming very soon, and listen to what you all think of it.

About the pots, for now 40 pots is enought, i might rise up when i move for the next acts.

Thank you all for this discussion , it means alot for me :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #191 on: 07 July 2019, 21:18:56 »
One thing about this mod is that it wouldn't be any trouble to merge it with Masteries mod, Paths mod, Dieties mod etc. and put thos up to play as well.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: 07 July 2019, 21:33:16 »
I think the hidden entrances is a neat idea, I support it.
Dont go too high on the potion limit, what bote said is true, in mp you sometimes need to ask your companions for potions, when you run out mid-combat for example.
And that brings me to the third thing, which is that I would definitely play this mod with friends. Keep up the good work :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: 08 July 2019, 00:49:04 »

With all the new monsters and areas added, it should be popular.
I think people on steam still play multiplayer. Donno about GoG.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: 08 July 2019, 07:01:37 »
just an idea.. might sound stupid.. don't take too seriously

what if there is an optional area (maybe a secret area).. where ordinary monsters are way stronger than mobs you see in the game.. they do not go in bunches because every monster there is like one man army.. but the thing is, they also fight each other.. they fight whoever they see whether you or other monsters.. if you engage 1 and you see it very difficult, you could lure it to another monster and it will be a 3 way fight.. free for all lolz
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal