Author Topic: Shadow Champions (Mastery Mod) - WNG  (Read 137353 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Re: Shadow Champions (Mastery Mod) - WNG
« Reply #180 on: 31 March 2020, 12:43:40 »
Progress on SC's rogue dungeons :

The maps of 2 RDs are finished, 2 of them are well under way and one of them is very early still. They are progressing rather quickly despite the amount of efforts and time required. I've also started working on their loot tables and their unique enemies; RDs shouldn't offer exciting yellow/green items, but a lot of MIs, charms, formulas and even uniques. We also decided to include one optional and special quest in each dungeon. The reward will take the form of something permanent and worthwhile for the character instead of simple loot and bonus XP.

In case I hadn't mentionned, you can re-attempt those an unlimited amount of times as long as you get a new key every time you wish to enter. They should prove themselves good farming spots in general.

I can't estimate when they will be ready for launch, but it is safe to assume it will take at least 2 more weeks. I'll try to share my progress then.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: 18 April 2020, 21:25:44 »
The Rogue dungeons are under way and have made good progress. In the next week, they should be fully playable. Then, with some more adjustments, the patch will be released shortly after.

It's coming soon!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: 11 May 2020, 19:03:49 »
The wait has been quite long, but the new patch should be available as soon as tomorrow.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: 12 May 2020, 23:43:34 »
The update is now live : https://mega.nz/file/UBFkEKhC#w2SRLAm7yFowO6hZLsip7h39KugsgTec3leT_fQpeJE

A small hotfix will follow in the next days to fix any issues found in the first few days.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: 29 May 2020, 14:56:07 »
A decent amount of progress has been done on the North and Atlantis Rogue dungeons. Additionally, 4 new skills will be added to all masteries (big thanks to soa for this :D)

The progress will slow down however, because I'll soon need to plan to move out and lead on other important work. The progress will remain somewhat steady despite that.

More news about the new content when there's enough to show.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Arbuzas13

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #185 on: 26 July 2020, 17:26:41 »
How about version 1.4 for non steam users?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: 20 August 2020, 19:47:54 »
What do you think of increasing the monsters density (say 2x) ?
Shadow Champions would even be better.

That said, i have a lot of fun playing your mod WNG  ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: 20 August 2020, 22:34:49 »
@Tauceti It was requested a few times and I remain firm on not doing it. There's a lot of reasons for it, and I will recover some of the answers I gave to a user on Steam :

1] It's often requested because it makes the game "harder". But does it? You arm enemies better, but you also arm yourself better with all the extra levels.

2] SC already greatly increased the drop rates of MIs, and I know most people use Xmax-like mods to make farming less time-consuming. Not to mention that SC also speeds up the farming by other means.

3] Xmax would trivialize the farming of the new MUs. This would, from my point of view, defeat their purpose of being extra rare, almost trophy items.

4] Lots of enemies (bosses mostly) have been improved overall. It will mostly show on someone's first self-found playthrough.

5] A new secret passage, rogue dungeons, secret bosses : SC already adds new interesting end-game challenges to the game.

6] Because of the reasons listed above : SC is not TQ. While something works in TQ, it doesn't necessarily apply the same in SC. Different masteries, reworked items; there's simply too much differences to list them all.

7] New difficulty settings were planned before but were later removed. If I am to reintroduce them, it will not increase the amount of enemies, but rather increase their health, damage, and other miscellaneous details like scroll and potion cooldowns and even more punishing resistance penalities in Epic and Legendary (including on Physical resistance!)

As a side note, glad to hear you like the mod.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: 23 August 2020, 00:27:01 »
1] It's often requested because it makes the game "harder". But does it? You arm enemies better, but you also arm yourself better with all the extra levels.
I agree those extra levels help up to mid-end epic. Afterwards, the build is finished with or w/o xmax, and therefore more monsters make the game harder on legendary.

2] SC already greatly increased the drop rates of MIs, and I know most people use Xmax-like mods to make farming less time-consuming. Not to mention that SC also speeds up the farming by other means.
3] Xmax would trivialize the farming of the new MUs. This would, from my point of view, defeat their purpose of being extra rare, almost trophy items.
Ok never mind. A good balance of drop rates is, as you said,  an important feature and i guess difficult to achieve.

4] Lots of enemies (bosses mostly) have been improved overall. It will mostly show on someone's first self-found playthrough.
It was a good surprise to find quest bosses harder than TQ Vanilla.

Up to now, i am only experiencing various masteries on normal mode. About lifegiving, the archangel ability Blessing seems erratic, the CD is 8s but does not trigger at will when the archangel or the toon are injured. On the other hand, Transcendence and Set ablaze abilities trigger well.

Edit: From time to time, for some reason, the guardian angel buff disappears whereas the archangel is still there. I can't reproduce this anomaly at will though. When i log out and reenter the game, the guardian angel buff appears as soon as the archangel is summoned.

« Last Edit: 23 August 2020, 10:43:48 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: 23 August 2020, 15:36:39 »
Up to now, i am only experiencing various masteries on normal mode. About lifegiving, the archangel ability Blessing seems erratic, the CD is 8s but does not trigger at will when the archangel or the toon are injured. On the other hand, Transcendence and Set ablaze abilities trigger well.

Edit: From time to time, for some reason, the guardian angel buff disappears whereas the archangel is still there. I can't reproduce this anomaly at will though. When i log out and reenter the game, the guardian angel buff appears as soon as the archangel is summoned.

Sounds weird; I guess I can investigate on that a bit. Thanks for the insight!  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline xiaorantu

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +8
« Reply #190 on: 02 September 2020, 05:00:57 »
nice job,
it's really nice for new levels, but there's some problems:
1.it's really big,however,there is no respawn point or teleport;
2.when I use “L” to another map,I cannot go back

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #191 on: 02 September 2020, 10:39:14 »
nice job,

It is intended, once you go in you cant teleport back, only when you finish the dungeon. That way force the player adapt and remove the feel of being safe in the dungeons.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: 03 September 2020, 15:04:10 »
nice job,

As sauruz pointed out, those are not problems but rather design choices : the RDs wield greater rewards but will test your character. If your character is not ready, it will not be able to fully benefit the RDs.

Besides, every RD includes a merchant to which you can sell items you do not like for a much better price and restock on potions. Other than that, you need to come prepared and as is.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline André

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #193 on: 14 November 2020, 07:48:19 »
Hello, where i can find a link for a non-steam version, for the 1.7 version ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #194 on: 14 November 2020, 09:06:39 »
Hello, where i can find a link for a non-steam version, for the 1.7 version ?

See the opening post for the links for both Steam and non-Steam.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal