Author Topic: Any News When Raknarok + Atlantis DLC Will Release On Nintendo Switch?  (Read 10936 times)

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
So going back to the Switch version I discovered something that really shocked me last night! The skin they are using for the Wisp in the Storm tree is now a Raven similar to the Storm Raven from Grim Dawn.
weird.. as i would think the wisp is based on will o' wisp
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will-o'-the-wisp
it's not a will o' the wisp if it's a bird.. maybe they haven't been able to make the trick work on consoles yet

also, get well soon Thanatos.. it got scarier here as i heard we have neighbors who are "quarantined"
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
DLCs are now out on Switch. Go get 'em folks.   :D

There's also a patch.

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hey everyone. Great news! Ragnarok and Atlantis expansions are now available on Switch! Yay!

PS - Thank you to everyone who sent me their kind words about being sick. I am getting better now, and with this news I feel great!

*EDIT* Dang! I thought I got the news out before Medea.  :)) Medea you are literally faster than the internet itself. I couldn't find one damn word about this through Google. You are a legend.

*Double Edit* I wonder what the HUGE update is all about? I can't find any patch notes. Oh well...I can only imagine standard bug/performance fixes. That's a good thing.

« Last Edit: 04 July 2020, 05:03:14 by Thanatos »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Well, I am a playtester for them for the game and also a mod on their official discord now too so I get the news pretty quickly. 

I know people have been asking for patch notes and Zyddie, THQ's Community Manager, said he'd try and go back through everything to make one, but how soon he'll manage to do it I don't know.  Will post here when he gets it done.

Good to hear you're feeling better now too. 

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Well, I am a playtester for them for the game and also a mod on their official discord now too so I get the news pretty quickly. 

I know people have been asking for patch notes and Zyddie, THQ's Community Manager, said he'd try and go back through everything to make one, but how soon he'll manage to do it I don't know.  Will post here when he gets it done.

Good to hear you're feeling better now too.

The patch notes are from pc version ? or on switch ?
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I assume Switch since that's what the conversation was about.

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
That's great to hear, Medea. Hey I have a couple of questions:

1. I'm still new to the expansions, so please bare with me. I'm confused about The Relic Vault. I can't seem to transfer relics from the relic vault from one character to the other. Is this intentional?

2. I noticed that both expansions are for sale individually on the Nintendo store, but I've seen a couple of people say that buying Ragnarok alone includes Atlantis. There may be something to this, because when I selected both expansions to purchase on the Nintendo store I got a pop up warning saying that I I was about to purchase duplicate copies. So that confused me. So I guess what I'm asking...do any of you know that we are supposed to pay for BOTH expansions, or both expansions come with the purchase of just one of them? I don't yet have a char out of Act 1 to even check Acts 5 and 6.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
All characters should have access to the relic vault, same as the transfer stash area.  What exactly are you putting in there though?  It's meant for relics/charms though I believe some people put Arcane Formulas and Artifacts in there too - but I think those wouldn't be transferable. 

As far as I know Ragnarok doesn't include Atlantis since Atlantis was made after Ragnarok came out.  I'll check that with Zyddie though, sounds like something wrong with the Nintendo store.

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
All characters should have access to the relic vault, same as the transfer stash area.  What exactly are you putting in there though?  It's meant for relics/charms though I believe some people put Arcane Formulas and Artifacts in there too - but I think those wouldn't be transferable.

As far as I know Ragnarok doesn't include Atlantis since Atlantis was made after Ragnarok came out.  I'll check that with Zyddie though, sounds like something wrong with the Nintendo store.

About Relics:

Unless I'm doing it wrong, the Relic vault is working like the personal stash (not the transferable stash that all characters have access too). I have tried putting in relics and recipes in the Relic vault. I can do so, but my other characters cannot access them. That's good news that it's intended to be accessed by all characters, because it is very annoying otherwise! Perhaps it's bugged?

About the DLC:

I don't think this is the case, because I just installed Ragnarok alone last night and I have access to those top tier skills that came with Atlantis. I can't check out those Atlantis locations because all my characters are still in Athens.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2020, 21:15:24 by Thanatos »

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
There's also a patch.
uhhh i don't know if I'm alone on this but any updates on PC kinda scares me now. it's clear the devs don't play the game, they just make new features that are unneeded and they refuse to fix it. like the auto targeting that forces your character to move, for example
(edit: it's like they don't know the purpose of arpg is giving the players complete control of their characters)
what we'll just get is more bugs
every update slowly destroys the game
i honestly believe it's better if they just leave it alone. except maybe if they decide to play their game, but they won't
« Last Edit: 05 July 2020, 12:01:03 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
There's also a patch.
uhhh i don't know if I'm alone on this but any updates on PC kinda scares me now. it's clear the devs don't play the game, they just make new features that are unneeded and they refuse to fix it. like the auto targeting that forces your character to move, for example
(edit: it's like they don't know the purpose of arpg is giving the players complete control of their characters)
what we'll just get is more bugs
every update slowly destroys the game
i honestly believe it's better if they just leave it alone. except maybe if they decide to play their game, but they won't

I dont want to be wrong , but from what i ve see in steam database website, it seens Atlantis was updated 2 days ago, so i believe they are planning something.

link- https://steamdb.info/app/1071200/

For me i have same impressions and feeling as you said it. What i dont understand is reading on steam foruns people wanting more xpacs and dlcs.

Lets hope not , not before they fixed the bugs and issues in Atlantis..
« Last Edit: 05 July 2020, 19:22:12 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Yep, Atlantis needs a big improvement of performance. This beautiful area deserves it.

I dont want to be wrong , but from what i ve see in steam database website, it seens Atlantis was updated 2 days ago, so i believe they are planning something.

Uhuh, Medea what do your antennas say ?  ;D

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Nothing as far as I know because the controller beta testing hasn't been released yet.  Unless that was something tying in with the release of the expansions on Switch.

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
i just watched Mr Fae's vid

he said there are improvements to Atlantis in the next controller support patch. but ugh i just can't get as confident as him. I've lost hope
that reddish color on the target is so distracting i hope they add an option to disable it. i think it was like that in the console versions because there is no mouse. it's so you can see where you are targeting at. but ugh that is not needed in keyboard + mouse.
but likely it's something the devs are proud of so they likely won't add an option to disable it.

edit: also Mr Fae just sometimes confuses me. lols.. i mean there are workarounds that he should know by now when dealing with Toxeus. but i guess it goes against his thematic build so he won't do it and chooses to die instead. lolz

edit: @MedeaFleecestealer I'm a bit ashamed to ask you this but you're the only one i know close to the devs.. could you perhaps ask them if they would please add an option to disable that reddish color on the target? it's really really distracting.. even if i post something on redmine they won't listen
« Last Edit: 05 July 2020, 22:00:55 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Passed it on, but up to them whether they do anything about it.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal