Author Topic: Moving my info to a new computet  (Read 2988 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline KalegNar

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Moving my info to a new computet
« on: 28 August 2018, 16:11:36 »
Hey, guys, it's been a while.

Right now, one of the batteries in my laptop is no longer working. That means it's been 2 hours since I briefly unplugged the charger to try figuring out the issue and the battery still is at 96%. The only thing I actually have stored on the computer itself are my games.

That means I'm now trying to get everything on a flash drive in case my computer (it's older) cannot be fixed. The first flash drive I found is going to have the folder TQ Backups and My Games (which has the Titan Quest and Titan Quest Immortal Throne folders in it in addition TQVault).

I'd like to double check the essential files I absolutely need to put on the flash drive.

As I've been copying stuff over, I'be had some .fow .arc items not copy over.

TQVault also seemed to hate every vault from T-Z and wouldn't copy over in addition to some other things.

And some of my CHR, DGX, and DGB wouldn't copy over. (Especially T-Z, including Transfer Stash.)

So any advice as I try saving my Titan Quest from a graveyard?

EDIT: my flash drive hates me and just quit copying anything else.
« Last Edit: 28 August 2018, 16:14:43 by KalegNar »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Moving my info to a new computet
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2018, 16:28:45 »
Avoid usb flash drives, they are problematic and you will lose all your files. Try external hdd or upload on internet, or very use very good 4,7gb dvd
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline KalegNar

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2018, 17:23:00 »
Any preferred places on the internet? I know DropBox, but I've had a couple problems before getting it to work.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2018, 22:21:55 »
Wait for proper answer on that question, personally I never used it, but most of people that I know advised me to use.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal