Author Topic: Quick Recovery and the Runesmith  (Read 29757 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Quick Recovery and the Runesmith
« on: 15 January 2018, 18:24:49 »
Is Quick Recovery still useful for my Runesmith?
I have 4+ to skills (hallowed helm, Loratian greaves and epic sbc).
Absorb maxed gives me -67% to shield recovery time.
Focus maxed gives me +25% chance to block.
My unique shield, Rings of the Rhine has a 24% chance to block + an additional 49% chance to block.
The last dying words of Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian
"I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Vio

• aka Violos
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Quick Recovery and the Runesmith
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2018, 22:31:34 »
Yes. This gives xou close to 100% block chance at 1/3 the recovery time (1s), but you can lower that to 1/10 recovery time (0.3s).

Then get some retaliation damage going. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pazuzu

• The Omnipotent
  • Forum Moderator
  • Keel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2018, 01:13:08 »
Does 100% recovery and cooldown time work? I tried on my guardian which previously had 100% immunity with QR and he was getting hit. Do we  have any thread regarding the immortal builds and what's changed?
Corsair Carbide Air 540 - Asus Maximus VI Hero - Pentium G3258 5Ghz - Thermalright TS 140 Power - Samsung EVO 850 250GB - Corsair Dual Airflow Fan - Corsair Vengeance 8gb - Nvidia GTX 750Ti.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2018, 01:21:39 »
Does 100% recovery and cooldown time work? I tried on my guardian which previously had 100% immunity with QR and he was getting hit. Do we  have any thread regarding the immortal builds and what's changed?
shield recovery capped at 90%

http://titanquest.wikia.com/wiki/Shields

as for block chance.. i don't know but maybe there's no cap
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2018, 01:45:55 »

Thanks folks.
"Magical Charge" gives lots of retaliation damage right off the bat.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pazuzu

• The Omnipotent
  • Forum Moderator
  • Keel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2018, 02:29:15 »
@Cleglaw  btw im also playing with runesmith at the moment. Act 3 normal. I don't think that defense and runes have a very good synergy together, but that does not mean that they cannot work together if you know what i mean. The problem with runes is that its a hybrid class, and it has some skills that are not particularly useful for a defender if you plan on playing as a tank like i do.

Rune Weapon: It is an ok skill, hybrid one sadly. It focuses on elemental damage which is not useful for strength based toons (if you can think of any way to take advantage of the elemental damage please let me know, so far im not using it). AdctH and total damage are pretty good though.

Sacred Rage: Decent, not that you will use it a lot, since when your health drops you instantly pot.

Reckless Offense: Not using it for runesmith, might go great will warfare though.

Energy Armor: I dont have enough points to use that at the moment, will get back to it later

Feather: Ok skill, doesnt really give a big boost though

Explode: This is nice, im using it. Defense toons need as much damage as they can get..\

Absorb: Not enough points, i think its gonna be good.

Thunder Strike: Useless, not enough damage and short range in low levels, prefer to just play melee.

Seal of Fate: Havent used yet, should go well with rogue (?)

Runic Mines: Same as above ^

Rune of Life: Not really sure if this works only with dweller or what

Menhir Wall: Havent used yet, potentially good (?)

If you have any tips i would love to hear the way you distributed your points on your runesmith. Im trying to syrgize the 2 masteries but its difficult.. Using a guardian and a corsair was much easier as the masteries had great synergy.
Corsair Carbide Air 540 - Asus Maximus VI Hero - Pentium G3258 5Ghz - Thermalright TS 140 Power - Samsung EVO 850 250GB - Corsair Dual Airflow Fan - Corsair Vengeance 8gb - Nvidia GTX 750Ti.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2018, 03:03:43 »
The Runesmith and Defense are a match made in heaven. I didn't realize when I first started out how well they synergize together. Keep in mind that I am only in Act II of Epic, so I don't know what will happen in Legendary yet.
The build looks something like this at present.
https://titanquestragnarokcalc.000webhostapp.com/TQRC/TitanCalc738c738crune.html?mastery=Runesmith&master1=5&master2=10&sa=0&m1=32-1-1-0-6-1-1-0-1-1-6-0-1-0-1-1-1-0-1-1-5-0&m2=32-10-1-0-16-1-0-0-1-6-0-0-5-4-12-0-8-0-0-0-6-0

I have +4 to all skills. The skills I show as being maxed are indeed maxed, but, atm, I don't remember the exact # of points I put in a couple of the skills.
As far as attributes are concerned, initially they all went into strength and enough dexterity to wear epic SBC. Now I am putting some into intellect.

Sacred Rage: I like the speed boost, and sometimes I go around without using a pot just for that.  It's modifier: Frightening Power is a 2 edged sword. When I cast Seal of Fate, it is counterproductive. At other times it is helpful.

Energy Armor: You'd think I'd put a lot of points here. And, I might experiment with it down the line. But at higher levels it is very expensive to cast, and I don't like the idea of having to recast it all the time. To me it is more useful on a glass cannon type of build that has a high energy reserve.

Feather: 1 point. Maybe more later if needed for equipping weapons since I am putting points in intellect now.

Absorb: max it

Thunder Strike: I really like this skill. If you don't want the RuneWeapon line then consider putting this on the LMB. I might add it on later to a hotkey. Might not. 

Seal of Fate: Great skill. Fits well with defense. Max Aftershock 1st.

Runic Mines: It can work well with melee. The slow effect is really nice.

Rune of Life: Useful for boosting bleed and vitality resistance.

Menhir Wall: I have tinkered with it on other toons. It might be good, but honestly I haven't given it too much thought.

Guardian Stones: This is a nice boss killer skill, but I use Seal of Fate instead. And I have the well Known Colossus Form. But, it could work.

Have fun. If you have any specific questions I will be happy to answer them. Oh, and you will find some terrific shields in Act V.

« Last Edit: 17 January 2018, 03:08:27 by Cleglaw »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pazuzu

• The Omnipotent
  • Forum Moderator
  • Keel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 17 January 2018, 03:08:55 »
So are you not using batter and shield charge?

Maybe its just me still being in normal, i hope later on the runes mastery will shine even more.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 17 January 2018, 03:20:36 »
I am not not using batter and shield charge. It is unneeded because the passives are continually kicking in.

I didn't comment on the Rune Weapon line. There is a significant damage boost. There is lots of retaliation damage that helps kill quickly even with low level characters. There is energy leach, ADCtH, reduced enemy offense and speed. What's not to like? The %intelligence boost helps with the elemental damage, and helps with energy regen. I have no complaints about the skill line.

Quite honestly this is the first time I am enjoying a Defense toon. If the old forum were still around, you'd see my disparaging remarks about how boring it is to play a Conqueror.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 17 January 2018, 06:18:15 »
i have a question cleglaw and pazuzu.. when shield attacks proc, only the weapon attack gets affected by transmutation right? so int is useless on shield attack procs?

cleglaw, that seems like a potentially good guide for a runesmith
Quite honestly this is the first time I am enjoying a Defense toon. If the old forum were still around, you'd see my disparaging remarks about how boring it is to play a Conqueror.

lol i don't have a def character in AE/R yet but i remember back from TQIT, i had a conqueror of course going smoothly but i never got to finish it because it's just the most boring character i have.. then few months after, my nephew created a conqueror as well and well same thing ;D the only time i enjoyed a defense char was when i played it as an icesharder
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 17 January 2018, 06:51:51 »
i have a question cleglaw and pazuzu.. when shield attacks proc, only the weapon attack gets affected by transmutation right? so int is useless on shield attack procs?

I haven't used transmutation yet so I am reluctant to comment on how it works in practice. You appear to be correct, however.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Vio

• aka Violos
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 17 January 2018, 16:36:01 »
It ought to work on shields, because they also count as weapons (and as armor).

Besides most shield attacks hit with both the shield and weapon.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 17 January 2018, 17:00:14 »
Thanks Violos for the clarification.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 17 January 2018, 20:58:41 »
It ought to work on shields, because they also count as weapons (and as armor).

Besides most shield attacks hit with both the shield and weapon.
oh.. now I'm inclined to test this.. if this is true, cleglaw and pazuzu's stat allocation is wrong  >:D
« Last Edit: 17 January 2018, 21:49:57 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 17 January 2018, 21:33:07 »
There is lots of retaliation damage that helps kill quickly even with low level characters. There is energy leach, ADCtH, reduced enemy offense and speed. What's not to like? The %intelligence boost helps with the elemental damage, and helps with energy regen. I have no complaints about the skill line.
one thing about the elemental retaliation though, it doesn't scale with %int or %total damage.. it scales with character level

+ All Retaliation Damages now scale with character level

still, with the new XP scaling, retaliation damages should be better now.. the flat elemental added to weapon from magical charge, that should scale with int and %total damage
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal