Author Topic: [MOD] LootPlus - More Loot, Better Stuff  (Read 70210 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Diego982

• Titan Quest is not just a game, is a Mythology
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: [MOD] LootPlus - More Loot, Better Stuff
« Reply #45 on: 06 June 2020, 23:12:25 »
Hello Lavendarjosh, it's been a long time since I've talked with you. Did you still continue working in your mods?

Just wanted to know. Best wishes for you and have a nice weekend.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #46 on: 07 June 2020, 11:28:41 »
Hello Lavendarjosh, it's been a long time since I've talked with you. Did you still continue working in your mods?

Just wanted to know. Best wishes for you and have a nice weekend.

I haven't done any work on my mods in a long time, and I consider them "complete" for the time being. But the next time I get on a TQ craze, maybe I'll find a few things that still bug me and I'll get to work again.  :)
Though right now the Terraria update has me in its death grip, but I can't do any modding for that for now, sadly.
In any case, thanks for the interest and a good weekend to you back.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Shiki

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #47 on: 19 September 2020, 23:18:13 »
Can someone reupload this? pastebin is dead

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Shiki

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #48 on: 19 September 2020, 23:27:48 »
Can't edit my last reply, so I'm replying again. As it turns out, pastebin is blocked in Turkey without any notification, solved through VPN. Thanks for the mod!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Niki1987

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: 11 October 2020, 13:53:36 »
I was wondering is there a way to edit the mod to increase the drop rate of epic and legendary loot while reducing all other drops(green, yellow, gold...)? Basically turn it into a cheat mod for farming epics and legendaries?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: 12 October 2020, 20:39:10 »
I was wondering is there a way to edit the mod to increase the drop rate of epic and legendary loot while reducing all other drops(green, yellow, gold...)? Basically turn it into a cheat mod for farming epics and legendaries?

There is, and it's actually fairly easy. All you'd have to do is set the lootWeight of non-unique entries to 0 in all relevant defaultloot records.
As all the loot table files are, to my knowledge, similar structured, you could probably get away with mass-replacing all those lines with something like notepad++ (although you'd have to use wildcards in search because the weight itself differs from entry to entry).
In detail:
  • Open all loot table .dbr you want to edit in notepad++ or similar program (they're in *\item\containers\defaultloot)
  • Look for loot entries not containing uniques (for example loot1Name1)
  • Ctrl+H, search for "loot1Weight1,.*" and replace with "loot1Weight1,0,", replace in all opened documents
  • repeat for all lootWeights with non-unique entries
Well, I should mention that while it should work, I have not tried this method myself yet. If you want to do it manually, it would be easier to single out one or a few bosses and only edit those files, shouldn't take long even by hand.
« Last Edit: 12 October 2020, 20:40:51 by Lavendarjosh »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Niki1987

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: 12 October 2020, 22:01:20 »

There is, and it's actually fairly easy. All you'd have to do is set the lootWeight of non-unique entries to 0 in all relevant defaultloot records.
As all the loot table files are, to my knowledge, similar structured, you could probably get away with mass-replacing all those lines with something like notepad++ (although you'd have to use wildcards in search because the weight itself differs from entry to entry).
In detail:
  • Open all loot table .dbr you want to edit in notepad++ or similar program (they're in *\item\containers\defaultloot)
  • Look for loot entries not containing uniques (for example loot1Name1)
  • Ctrl+H, search for "loot1Weight1,.*" and replace with "loot1Weight1,0,", replace in all opened documents
  • repeat for all lootWeights with non-unique entries
Well, I should mention that while it should work, I have not tried this method myself yet. If you want to do it manually, it would be easier to single out one or a few bosses and only edit those files, shouldn't take long even by hand.

I don't see .dbr files anywhere, there are .arz, .arc and .map files

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: 13 October 2020, 01:11:35 »
Well, you need to unpack the mod's files first of course. I once wrote a steam guide on merging mods that explains how to do that (and generally how to work on mods):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1746931699

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Niki1987

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: 13 October 2020, 17:31:58 »
Well, you need to unpack the mod's files first of course. I once wrote a steam guide on merging mods that explains how to do that (and generally how to work on mods):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1746931699

Seems easy enough to follow, i'll give it a try. Thanks.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Dernt01

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: 17 October 2020, 01:37:55 »
New to this forum, played TQ and IT back when they were released but haven't played in about 7 years. Let me add that I am not the most computer savvy when it comes to modding which is why I've come here. I've done a lot of searching the game like I had done with a defiler many years ago, Soulseekkor defiler (I think) was what I used. My main question is, can chests be modified to a better drop rate as they could back then and if so, how exactly do I do it? Most of the search results I've found are confusing. I have downloaded LootPlus-Bounce v1.1 and SSTQDefilerNET and I have been able to change a few stats on my characters but when I open the game, the changes are not there. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Can I get just a little help on this and sorry for sounding like a n00b.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: 17 October 2020, 10:52:30 »
New to this forum, played TQ and IT back when they were released but haven't played in about 7 years. Let me add that I am not the most computer savvy when it comes to modding which is why I've come here. I've done a lot of searching the game like I had done with a defiler many years ago, Soulseekkor defiler (I think) was what I used. My main question is, can chests be modified to a better drop rate as they could back then and if so, how exactly do I do it? Most of the search results I've found are confusing. I have downloaded LootPlus-Bounce v1.1 and SSTQDefilerNET and I have been able to change a few stats on my characters but when I open the game, the changes are not there. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Can I get just a little help on this and sorry for sounding like a n00b.
Well, wanting the drop rates similar to the TQ Defiler back is exactly why I started with the mod in the first place.
But a question first: do you use LootPlus as intended (loading custom game with the mod, being bounced back and starting regular, modded game), and does it work for you?
Apart from that, the original Defiler is old and probably won't work with the AE of TQ. There's a Grim Dawn Defiler that also partly worked with AE, but it hasn't been updated since 2018.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Dernt01

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: 17 October 2020, 23:35:34 »
Well, wanting the drop rates similar to the TQ Defiler back is exactly why I started with the mod in the first place.
But a question first: do you use LootPlus as intended (loading custom game with the mod, being bounced back and starting regular, modded game), and does it work for you?
Apart from that, the original Defiler is old and probably won't work with the AE of TQ. There's a Grim Dawn Defiler that also partly worked with AE, but it hasn't been updated since 2018.

From what I can tell, no, it isn't working. When I load the game and select "Play Custom Quest", I get a box with 'lootplus - main.map' showing. When I click start, I get a box that pops up saying, "The Custom Quest you loaded includes an invalid map (likely a "Bounce Mod"). The changes will instead affect your next game with a Main Quest character." and that's all I get. I can then play the game but there is no diference with the characters or any stats. I pretty much figured that the old Defiler wouldn't work but I have it installed (version 1.3.9) and it will load up after several boxes telling me that it cannot find a path for TQ or for IT. Not sure if any of this helps but thanks for replying.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Dernt01

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: 17 October 2020, 23:42:52 »
Also, when I click the link in your original post, it asks me to join Pastebin, which I have not done.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: 18 October 2020, 01:47:05 »
From what I can tell, no, it isn't working. When I load the game and select "Play Custom Quest", I get a box with 'lootplus - main.map' showing. When I click start, I get a box that pops up saying, "The Custom Quest you loaded includes an invalid map (likely a "Bounce Mod"). The changes will instead affect your next game with a Main Quest character." and that's all I get. I can then play the game but there is no diference with the characters or any stats. I pretty much figured that the old Defiler wouldn't work but I have it installed (version 1.3.9) and it will load up after several boxes telling me that it cannot find a path for TQ or for IT. Not sure if any of this helps but thanks for replying.
The mod does not affect your character at all, only the loot you will find from containers and monster in the game. If it works as intended, it should become obvious when farming a boss.
Also, when I click the link in your original post, it asks me to join Pastebin, which I have not done.
You shouldn't need to make an account to see the links, at least. If you're using the Steam version of the game, the mod is also in the workshop.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline scyther149

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: 12 May 2021, 18:40:59 »
Hi! I only downloaded the LootPlus, work fine but the hud is invisible now  ;D hahahaha
can somebody fix this? i play with TQ Anniversary Edition v2.10

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal