Author Topic: Elemental Archer Sage build showcase  (Read 21127 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Elemental Archer Sage build showcase
« on: 14 July 2018, 15:33:30 »
Hello, you might remember my previous elemental conversion build, dragon hunter. This time I have a new one.

TitanCalc

This one went with storm mastery that has some others useful assets for elemental weapons user, instead of intelligence there is flat damage and percentage damage increases in skills like storm nimbus and eye of the storm. Since the build cannot scale intelligence properly needing lots of dexterity for bows, it scales flat and % damage from both gear and skills.

Stat distribution is 8 points in strength, then dexterity : intelligence 1 : 1 until level 64, then all in intellinence. Normal and epic stat points rewarded for quests go in health (12 points).

This is the epitome of glass cannon with low DA, hp, no defensive stats anywhere except squall damage reduction and not much CC.

Hunting mastery is still there with its debuff in flush out, volley WPS, wood lore and minor utility skills like herbal remedy and find cover/trail blazing. Maxed movespeed is a useful asset for survival especially since this build can't do much else in certain situations having rather poor crowd control. Marksmanship is also used as main attack with no better alternatives.

Build puts points in multiple crowd control skills, thunderball, freezing blast, ensnare and monster lure. This is because their effects do not affect all mobs equally. Yotuns for example are not affected by any of them, and I had to go through most of legendary Yotunheim with spear and shield. Eldyotuns are immune to freezing, but can be stunned and immobilized. Crystal golems can't be stunned. This forces the build to use different combinations in different places. Squall, besides its debuff is used to put impair aim on archers and is the only reliable tool here.

Spell breaker is a versatile utility skill to remove buffs and reset skills on mobs, casting it proves useful on half of all the mobs in the game. Casters and magical are most affected of course. Kelpie, for example, are fully neutered, everything they do seems to be a spell and they can only follow you tragically after this, while slowly losing health to electric burn and squall.

Gear screens:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Using bows and other two handers strips the character of 1-2 resistance sources and maxing them is harder. Bows aren't easy to use in Anniversary edition game.

Chest - Prowler's cuirass with Eldhrimnir stew for energy regen, this is a resistance chest with energy regen relic that has even more resist

Helm - Golden Agris - used for damage conversion to elemental. This or a similar item is necessary for adequate DPS

Hands - Stonebinder cuffs with primal magma - easy +3 all skills for a dexterity build, primal magma here is a way to get adequate fire resistance. I'd love to use cold essence there but 20% fire resistance in legendary is unbearable.

Feet - Boots of Freyja - resistances, DA, recharge

Necklace - Shavo's relic - 60% elemental damage is to scale it without int. There aren't many items like that unfortunately, I can remember Hesione's golden veil but have a necessary competitor for the helm slot

Ring 1 - Common ring with arctic prefix and legendary eitr - lots of flat damage on one item

Ring 2 - Common ring with occult prefix and legendary eitr - for cast speed and more flat elemental damage

Apples of Idun artifact is for vitality resistance and that rare stun resistance

Main weapon - Bramblewood bow with Anubis wrath for lifesteal and attack speed - there are no better bows in the game still and that one has lots of flat elemental damage on it. I tried a bramblewood with lifesteal on it and chill of tartarus relic to capitalize on stacking slow (with arctic ring), but 170% attack speed with 30% slow is better than 140% as with 60% slow.

I forgot to add secondary weapon set, there is a chtonian spike spear for offensive ability the build is lacking, and a shield from act 2 normal with shade of Hector relic, a pure stat stick for DA.

A video with Mimer's maze, Doppelganger and Mimer himself

« Last Edit: 04 September 2018, 03:01:20 by mammoth_hunter »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Elemental Archer Sage build showcase
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2018, 16:47:41 »
my my i see elemental conversion without rune has been done already.. mine is dreamkiller and I'm planning to equip golden agris + gambanteinn for 100% conversion.. I'm a little worried after seeing you only got your int to 500+.. but i think i can get it higher.. i have finished gear set-up theorycraft already computing how my resists would be on legendary.. I'm not impressed with your kill speed :(

I like that you show spell breaker works on golems when they decide to do that thorns skill.. i think I've mentioned that in another thread but only in text.. how lucky of you Doppelganger dropped one of your items.. Doppelganger hates me
« Last Edit: 14 July 2018, 16:49:25 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2018, 19:24:01 »
Actually, it made an impression of having better clear speed than dragon hunter sometimes. Same places, same mobs, less shots needed and no extra spells. That must be because rune weapon needs charges first, or even combination of that and bramblewood instant debuff on hit. But thats when mobs are not fast and dangerous, otherwise she has to run backwards too much like in the video. Dragon hunter is a much better boss killer, when she actually gains these charges. And much more resilent in melee.

Maybe that poor DA on sage can be improved radically by equipping something like chest from the Freyja set, but that will make more changes necessary, like where to get more energy regen or cost reduction, resists, strength if its not enough, etc.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Vio

• aka Violos
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2018, 17:42:33 »
That's a great build. Nice to see someone make good use of both the buffed nets and Thunderball even in Legandary.
Also dispelling the reflections was a smart move.
« Last Edit: 22 July 2018, 17:44:13 by Vio »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2018, 20:31:40 »
Hmmm,.. I'm also playing an Elemental Archer Sage. This is my TitanCalc.

The main difference seems to be that I'm passing up on the Thunderballs, but also on Scatter Shot Arrows. The latter ones I really don't think are worth it on an elemental build. They've been nerfed enough allready on physical builds, and on elemental builds they add really little, at quite a hefty skill point investment.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2018, 17:19:22 »
I don't think you will aquire enough damage for lightning while using bows. Scatter shot is mostly a point dump and was taken one of the last. Technically bleed scales from dexterity but I didn't see much of its effect in legendary. Until it is reflected.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 11 August 2018, 21:39:31 »
can you upload another video of this?  ;)

i want to see more gameplay of this.. maybe muspelheim area?

edit: and if it's ok, jotuns and frost jotuns?
« Last Edit: 12 August 2018, 00:19:34 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 12 August 2018, 09:10:33 »
Just when I decided to separate them from my account and deleted them all you are asking for more. Maybe I'll make another one for spam and confirmation emails and reupload whats left.

Youtunheim is boring, in legendary I think I made few shots, thought fuck that and switched  to spear. Werewolves made me switch back to bow though. I actually found one crowd control mechanic that works on common yotuns, its confusion. But sage has none.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 12 August 2018, 09:13:53 »
lelz.. well, it's not a demand, just a request.. if you can't upload, i won't be mad.. if you can, I'll be sure to watch O0
i are TQ titans
i are many people

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal