Author Topic: thrower haruspex questions  (Read 2967 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline hedgehog

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
thrower haruspex questions
« on: 27 December 2019, 22:34:06 »
First, i tried standard spear str/dex build and it was boring for me
So again, I respecced her to thrower:
skills:
Dream: Max distort reality+ temporal rift, lucid dream tree, ToW, psionic touch+psionic burn, distortion field, nightmare, dream image as point sink
Hunting: max study prey+flush out, max call of the hunt + exploit weakness, volley, max art of the hunt+find cover, 1pt trail blazing, max wood lore, max herbal remedy

The plan was: cast study prey, distort reality and kill them while immobilized.
DR should be killer too so I put points mostly into str and used some gear with +phys dmg.
I have CDR so Call of the hunt si permanent (61,4sec recharge)
I use psionic touch for the slow effect and dmg to demons.
I do not have the chance to puncture from marksmanship but as a thrower I do not have so much monsters in line. With this build I want them to come as close as possible and then hit them with DR.

It works perfectly: trash monsters usually die from the DR alone and Haru did not die since beginning her thrower career.

Question 1 : I read that psionic touch is worse than marksmanship  regarding dmg.
I tested it on Sparta dummies and overall it does not look so bad - lower dmg of PT is compensated by the 4th hit.
attack without Call of the hunt/study prey:  Marksmanship  average 1700-1750, PT  3 x 1500 + 2600.  Sum for 4 hits: MS: 6880  PT:7100
attack with study prey: marksmanship average 2650,  PT 3 x 2400 + 4100. Sum for 4 hits: MS: 10600 PT 11300
attack with study prey+Call of the hunt: 3700-3800, PT 3x  3350 + 5100. Sum for 4 hits: MS: 15000 PT 15150
I did not count dmg from scatter arrow here  (it was 470 maxed with Study prey and Call of the hunt)  but burn dmg from PT which would be around 460 without RR from flush out (234 + 100% from lucid dream and gear) is not displayed on dummies ?
Is this correct assumption?

Question 2:  EBD from ToW,  DR and Psionic burn stack?

Question 3: I suppose that elemental  RR from Flush out reduces resists also for EBD. Correct?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: thrower haruspex questions
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2019, 23:30:30 »
Question 1 : I read that psionic touch is worse than marksmanship  regarding dmg.
You did the calculations but you can't forget that your gear matters. What weapon is it, do you have bonuses to those damage types, etc.
It will depend on whether you have Atlantis or not, and if you're using a bow or a thrown, how many available points you have (PT is cheaper). There's few 0-1 answers like A is better than B.
Psionic Beam will reduce the number of charges and add the chance to pass through, they never fixed it to work only for staves.

Question 2:  EBD from ToW,  DR and Psionic burn stack?
DoT from different sources stacks.

Question 3: I suppose that elemental  RR from Flush out reduces resists also for EBD. Correct?
Yes. Elemental = fire, burn, cold, frostburn, lightning, EBD

Not Yet Rated!

Offline hedgehog

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 28 December 2019, 00:02:20 »
many thanks

With psionic beam it is definitely better than marksmanship for this build at least  :)

Test was made with the same weapon and gear: jagged silk (42% pierce, 37% phys dmg, 24 flat phys, 78 pierce),  pelaron shield, hale jewel of might (41+25%), visor of shadowlord, layered corselet, sidri loop, torc (30% total dmg), athena boots (27% phys), talisman of jade emperor. (I removed stonebinder cuffs with rage of ares for tests.)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2019, 01:05:21 »
Jagged Silk has innate 50% projectile piercing too, because Ragnarok, so you're pretty much set

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2019, 04:52:29 »
1- Depends on total +% dmg types and total of each attributes points (which add bonus for dmg type).
+ MMS skill tree has added bonus pierce dmg (both MMS and Scattershot Arrow) and Bleeding dmg on Scattershot Arrow, more pass through chance overall, and no need to hit enemies to get pass through target effect; pierce + bleeding dmg scale well with other skills, debuff of Hunting and Dex attribute. Scattershots is very good to killing crowd if you go with Dex and pierce + bleeding dmg.
+ Psionic Touch added bonus vitality dmg that scale with Int, +%total dmg for it charge hit, if your gears has many +%dmg, total dmg for your main dmg sources, PT doesn't has too much effective. Psionic Burn's EBD AoE doesn't help you as good as Scattershot Arrow (compared if you go with the same points into Int >< Dex with Scatter arrow) at killing crowd. If you has Atlantis, Psionic Beam you will help PT better at dealing dmg because it reduced charge hits ( from 3 charge hits to 1, so 1 hit charge, one hit unleash power of PT and its synergies skill) and killing crowd speed, but still not as good as MMS.
* The true power of MMS skill tree is test ong enemies group, not test on dummies.

2- No, EBD from those source doesn't stacked.
3- Correct.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal