Author Topic: Titan quest Atlantis Feedback  (Read 17109 times)

Offline Endymion

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Titan quest Atlantis Feedback
« Reply #15 on: 15 May 2019, 20:22:17 »
Having looked at Atlantis they did it justice visually wise. Gorgeous scenery assets and probably the most intricate landscapes TQ has ever seen.
And knowing World Editor (yikes) it really does deserve high praise.
Gameplay wise however it felt lacking insight.
Repetitive new player skills, didn't look much into new itemization but from a quick glance there are three bows in a row with the same granted skill which is a fairly odd decision. And who could've thought one day a telkin is gonna be a final boss huh.
Overall I do wish Ragnarok was more something like that.
Yeah on the bright side, there are signs of new easter egg content being in the works that's probably going to be sneaked in a few updates down the road.

Offline oldage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: 21 May 2019, 00:26:15 »
How much of the original TQ do you need to run or is it stand alone?

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 21 May 2019, 00:35:29 »
How much of the original TQ do you need to run or is it stand alone?

Just go to Rhodes , (near the beach), theres one guy that will transport you into new act
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Offline aldyr

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 21 May 2019, 11:03:41 »
Finally got around to playing this finished last night. Enjoyed it all. Loved the new MI's and especially that 'of the tinkerer' suffix. Has my mind working overtime on new combinations of gear with relics and charms.

One side note: still don't like the new maps, that aren't clear or high res when you zoom, and have no clearly defined boundaries or paths, like TQ and IT maps were.

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2019, 10:24:12 »
A reminder that if you want your voices to be heard then please use this to report any bugs/feedback/suggestions to the team.

https://redmine.thqnordic.com/projects/titan-quest-atlantis-community

They're not on the forum here so won't see what's been posted.

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2019, 23:11:57 »
Hey ! Atlantis is released, what a good news  :D

So what's your feeling about the story ? Does it fit well with the whole storyline ?
somehow, I 've read the skills feedback thread and it seems mixed opinions emerged from it...

Btw a technical question: when the game is launched, i got a 'Failed to initialize Directx11' error message, although i have no problem playing at Grim dawn.
I can play Atlantis if, while in steam desktop, the game is launched with direct X9 option. But i don't want to launch the game each time that way.
Do you know a command line that works so that a shortcut can be made with it ? i tried '-force -d3d9' but it still doesn't work.

Offline letsrock

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #21 on: 30 August 2019, 12:44:56 »
A bit late, but my thoughts:

Positive:
+ Beautiful graphics
+ Good length (not too long :)
+ Some nice new bosses (e.g. the dragon in Atlas).

Negative:
The biggest problem is the decision to put Atlantis after Act 3, not after Act 5: this causes the following:
- Atlantis is a bit overtuned for characters after Act 3 (normal progression for new characters in AERA), and at the same a bit undertuned for characters after Act 5 (e.g. your existing characters who have finished AER)
- Virtually no new gears because gears in Atlantis need to be around Act 4 level
- One minor negative: final boss is a bit disappointing

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #22 on: 30 August 2019, 13:05:31 »
Hey ! Atlantis is released, what a good news  :D

So what's your feeling about the story ? Does it fit well with the whole storyline ?
somehow, I 've read the skills feedback thread and it seems mixed opinions emerged from it...

Btw a technical question: when the game is launched, i got a 'Failed to initialize Directx11' error message, although i have no problem playing at Grim dawn.
I can play Atlantis if, while in steam desktop, the game is launched with direct X9 option. But i don't want to launch the game each time that way.
Do you know a command line that works so that a shortcut can be made with it ? i tried '-force -d3d9' but it still doesn't work.
* About Atlantis: Some new skills good, some must be improve or rebalance. Phalanx Unyielding of Defense is something OP. You can kill some bosses without using any gears or items with Phalanx Unyielding go with reflect build as in the video below.

- I don't care much to story so it ok for me :D
- You can go to Atlantis from the npc at harbor act4 (down to seashore from first act4 portal gate) or outside the west gate of Corinth act5.
- Atlantis has new items, and some only drops in Atlantis map; "the Tinkerer" suffix only drops or sell in shop of Atlantis map, which can add different relic/charm into it.

* About Technique problem:
- Open Properties of your TQ run file (or its shortcut), in "Shortcut" tab, check the "Target" tab, where show your game run file path.
E.g: this is mine: "E:\Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Atlantis\TQ.exe"
- Add " /dx9" of those path above, so it become => "E:\Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Atlantis\TQ.exe" /dx9
- After that, every time you start game with that game run file/short cut, it will start game with Dx9.
# This method i learn from Malgardian on steam and Discord.
« Last Edit: 30 August 2019, 13:09:00 by icefreeze »

Offline Xerxes

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #23 on: 04 September 2019, 14:13:30 »
I played the original TQ years ago and only recently bought AE and the expansions. The good thing is that I could import my old characters and immediately go to Atlantis after kicking Typhon again. My experience with Atlantis is mixed.

Pros:
- graphics are good (and put more stress on the hardware than any other region)
- sound is good too
- new customization option for items (suffix "of the Tinkerer")
- interesting boss fights
- some interesting new skills on a new mastery level
- gambling for items with excess money

Neutral:
- It feels a bit short for a regular act.
- Could use a bit more side quests but I won't complain.

Cons:
- balancing isn't good for mobs (regular mobs fighting with fists do twice or more damage than mobs fighting with weapons? Yeah, right...)
- balancing is non existent for item drops ( >90% of the drops is spears. Wtf? Do all mobs run around naked? )
- some useless new skills

On top of the bad balancing of mobs Atlantis doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the rest of the game. If you play it after Act 3 you are probably too low level and get problems (at least if you aren't an experienced player and I'm not). If you play it after Act 4 you are probably too high level and don't get much out of Atlantis. So what do you do? Stop in the middle of Act 4 to go to Atlantis? That's probably the best way.

In general I like Atlantis and can recommend it but it still needs polishing, especially the balancing part and new skills.

Offline jros83

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
« Reply #24 on: 20 May 2020, 08:31:38 »
I enjoyed it. Some areas I felt could have been shortened, like the Atlas Mountains, but that's not a big deal. I do enjoy the "...of The Tinkerer" suffix, that's a nice touch.

I only have two small complaints. Really not even "complaints" just tiny quibbles:

1. The scaling feels wonky. I went there right after Act IV, so after Hades, but before starting Ragnarok. I read somewhere (I think somewhere on these forums actually) that it's "more like Act 4.5" so that's basically how I treated it. While in raw level the mobs scaled to my range, their actual, I dunno.... "beefiness" seemed higher than what their level range would suggest. I was still able to play through with no issues, but there were mobs in Atlantis technically lower in level than the higher leveled mobs I was killing with ease towards the end of Hades, but were more difficult nonetheless. I'm sure it was an intentional design choice, but it felt odd. Still though, it wasn't a nightmare or anything.

2. I feel like they pushed a 2006 engine further than they should have. I appreciate good scenery and aesthetics, but this lag issue... The lag wasn't enough to kill the game for me, but it WAS enough to be more than noticeable.  It wasn't resulting in me dying due to lag, but it would result in momentary freezes followed by bursts of activity; cursor forgetting its context; those sort of small annoyances. Granted these same things can and do happen at any point in the game, however it's only circumstantial when that happens to me in Acts I through V, i.e., I'm running some tasks in the background, that sort of thing. But in Atlantis content, it was common. And when it wasn't acting up to that degree, it was still slightly "off." Even at its best you could tell it wasn't being as smooth as the rest of the game.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there were definitely areas that needed better rebirth fountain placement. If anything, Gadir needs a fountain INSIDE the city, close to the market area. That one outside the city is just too far from the market area if you want to park a toon there and cycle through the vendors for any Tinkerer items. I realize you can just portal there, but every other major city has convenient rebirth fountain placement; I don't see why Gadir could not.
« Last Edit: 20 May 2020, 08:35:52 by jros83 »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal