Author Topic: Defiler Mods for AE  (Read 11995 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thax

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Defiler Mods for AE
« on: 11 December 2019, 02:57:25 »
Hello. I'm a new player to Titan Quest and I'm playing AE. However, there are a couple of mods in the "Mods by" section of the Defiler I'd very much like to have and unfortunately, I can't get them to be selectable for AE. I've tried the most recent version of Defiler (1.3.9) as well as the GD Defiler and neither have worked (for this purpose). Is there any way to get the "Mods by" section working for AE? If not, is there another way of applying specific mods like "relics and charms in unique items" (or something like that) and "no death penalty"?

Thank you in advance!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Defiler Mods for AE
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2019, 06:30:02 »
Welcome to the forum.  :)

Sadly, Soulseekkor hasn't done any updating on these for over a year now.  What exactly are you wanting to use? Most of the mods in TQDefiler won't work with the AE version of the game and Soul hasn't yet added them to GDDefiler which is effectively TQDefiler's replacement. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thax

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2019, 06:42:10 »
Thank you for replying!

It's actually only those 2 mods that pushed me towards the Defiler. Not getting a penalty for dying (I've only played the game for 3 days and only found out today, that putting skill points into the mastery bar increased my HP, so I've been dying a lot, lol) and mainly being able to enchant(?) items above the green rarity. I discovered earlier that that's apparently not possible, which makes all of the charms I've farmed for completely useless, now that I'm finally decked out in blue. My brother - who has been an avid Titan Quest-player since shortly after it was released - has tried to help, but was also unable to find a workaround. :/

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2019, 19:42:21 »
As far as I know there isn't any.  The only way I know would work would be to buy the original game on disc, uninstall the AE version and install the disc version instead.  However, that means you would only be able to play Titan Quest and Immortal Throne.  Ragnarok and Atlantis wouldn't be compatible with the disc version.  And you'd probably need to start new characters since they wouldn't be compatible with the disc version either. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thax

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 12 December 2019, 03:40:34 »
Ah, I see. That's a shame...

Yeah, my copy of IT on Steam doesn't work at all but fortunately for me, my brother's does, so we discovered that I can send him my AE save file and then he can open that up in his "Defiled" IT, apply the charms I want, send the save back to me and it works fine! If I find TQ and IT on discs at some point, I'll definitely buy them, but at least this workaround gets the most important job done for now  :D

Thanks a lot for all the helpful information and your time!

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2019, 06:58:32 »
Interesting solution and glad to hear it works.   :)

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal