Author Topic: Wanderer and the uncooperative Nymph  (Read 7259 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Wanderer and the uncooperative Nymph
« on: 24 May 2019, 00:15:35 »
So I started a new char with the nature mastery and I'm considering a pet build for this one. I am still not sure about the second mastery yet, so I'm progressing as a wanderer for the time being.

Question 1: What the f*** is wrong with the Nymph? Haven't they fixed her bugs yet? or are these bugs are the result of the anniversary edition? In aggressive stance, she positions herself too far from the enemy while shooting and thus, missing the targets 95% of the time because the idiot is simply out of her shooting range. If the normal stance is picked instead, she fixes this stupidity and stays close to the player, however she does not attack the enemies this time, due to the consequences of choosing the normal stance. She is completely useless with this state of AI.

Question 2: She only seems to cast overgrowth on the player. Never uses it on other pets or herself, except for that one instance, where she used it on one wolf just for once. When is she going to properly cast it on all the party? Is there some secret that I am not aware of?

Question 3: What is this big deal about the skill "Maul"? everyone seems to swear by it suggests maxing it, but the damage and effects it provides look pathetic on the paper. Is it really worth 12 skill points? How can this skill have priority over other important skills such as plague and its synergies?       
« Last Edit: 24 May 2019, 00:26:16 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: Wanderer and the uncooperative Nymph
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2019, 19:10:12 »
Question 3: What is this big deal about the skill "Maul"? everyone seems to swear by it suggests maxing it, but the damage and effects it provides look pathetic on the paper. Is it really worth 12 skill points? How can this skill have priority over other important skills such as plague and its synergies?     
You are sure you're not confusing negative for positive? From what I remember people advised to avoid it in guides pre anniversary, and reasonably. I don't think it improved after anniversary either.

Can't comment on nymph as I used to keep her in normal. Player only overgrowth had always been there.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2019, 20:35:22 »
You are sure you're not confusing negative for positive?

I wish I was...
I also remember people bashing the skill (rightfully) in the past times.. but it looks like most of the people around the net today keep stressing the importance of the order of maxing the wolves tree.. and Maul is in the second place in that order..

Player only overgrowth had always been there.

As a bug, or as a feature? because I can swear I saw her casting it on one of the wolves as I mentioned in the previous post.
Why on earth do people keep suggesting on putting points into this skill? just for a mere amount of protection for the player? It is the pets that need protection, not the player.. Can't trust any info on the net anymore (other than this forum)..

If this new Soulvizier project happens to come to life in this summer, I'll definitely quit playing this vanilla garbage once and for all, that's for sure..
« Last Edit: 24 May 2019, 20:37:45 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2019, 21:27:29 »
maul skill: if it's true that people swear by it, the only reason i can think of is because there are 3 wolves, so 3 pets get the skill.. but 2nd in order meaning it's more important than SotP? eh i don't think so.. my petmasters tend to be skill point hungry though so maul always stays at lvl 1 for me

edit: and, i can think of another, maybe they were playing petmaster ritualist? so maul will also get boosted by uhh what's that skill by nightmare total damage

nymph: nymph has always served her purpose for me and she has never failed at that.. her purpose: she is eyecandy.. nothing more  :))

speaking of SV, @soa if you ever need a beta tester, I'm willing ^-^
« Last Edit: 24 May 2019, 21:30:17 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2019, 12:24:17 »
Yeah, those might be the reasons.. there was also a talk about benefiting from "necrosis" in order to up its damage. Anyway, I'll just ignore it and go for the other passives instead.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2019, 22:51:48 »
Bumping the topic so someone can see this;

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=568.0

By looking at this thread, I see now that I made a mistake by creating a soothsayer (as a petmaster of course).
The only thing that was not discussed in there is Liche King's ability to benefit from flat pet damage bonuses from gears while he is using the skill Arcane Blast. but I think this is not a reason enough to keep going as a soothsayer.

So my question is, which petmaster class combination could be the ultimate choice here? Ritualist or Summoner? I also heard that Hunting might be a good choice but I'm not sure. BTW, warfare is out of question, because I have never been a fan of Battle Standart and the ghost warriors no matter how viable they are.

Finally, how can I remove these awful disturbing wolf sounds from the game? I can't stand their goddamn, nonstop howls and moans!
« Last Edit: 25 May 2019, 23:26:59 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2019, 23:23:24 »
actually, for a petmaster build, i would take soothsayer over ritualist and summoner.. but you need 80% CDR for that.. 80% CDR + a few points on refresh (about lvl 8 or 9 including all skills) = permanent outsider
and then, unearthly power will boost your pets (also gets permanent).. they don't get the life penalty, only you get the life penalty.. your job then is to hide in briar ward

but between ritualist and summoner, i would take ritualist (again as a petmaster, summoner is a very good caster).. that first trance to give your wolves life steal and thorns.. and again the total damage from nightmare

warfare, ancestral warriors.. yeah.. but warfare is really the ultimate petmaster now

edit: i would even say the ultimate petmaster is either assassin or conqueror.. i just found out you can get near immortal with ultimate max perfect block and 80% CDR.. even less than 1 sec of non-immortality.. maybe slayer is up there too
« Last Edit: 25 May 2019, 23:29:46 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2019, 11:09:22 »
Player only overgrowth had always been there.
As a bug, or as a feature? because I can swear I saw her casting it on one of the wolves as I mentioned in the previous post.
I think it was there in IT pre anniversary. Occasional casting on wolves happens even now and I don't know by which logic. Instead she will cast it zealously on NPC shadows passing by in the Tower of Judgement.

By looking at this thread, I see now that I made a mistake by creating a soothsayer (as a petmaster of course).
The only thing that was not discussed in there is Liche King's ability to benefit from flat pet damage bonuses from gears while he is using the skill Arcane Blast. but I think this is not a reason enough to keep going as a soothsayer.

So my question is, which petmaster class combination could be the ultimate choice here? Ritualist or Summoner? I also heard that Hunting might be a good choice but I'm not sure. BTW, warfare is out of question, because I have never been a fan of Battle Standart and the ghost warriors no matter how viable they are.
There is a mistake there by the way, arcane blast does convey pet damage. Though it does not change anything, as it was made into rarely used skill on cooldown, and lich frequently misses mobs with it. If only he knew how to shotgun consistently.

Ultimate petmaster is champion or assasin for battle standard support and ancestral horn. Traps are better than wolves as they attack more consistently from range and do not need heal or resist or other support. Even though they do less damage.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal