Author Topic: LoC Ragnarok / Atlantis development  (Read 34937 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: LoC Ragnarok / Atlantis development
« Reply #45 on: 06 May 2021, 01:55:14 »
Just Typhon. He was so heavily modified he even has a unique template. A lot of his original behavior was controlled in the game engine and can't be accessed, like when he gets his powers from those statues etc.

I don't even add his monster files to my database.

His passive file is up for grabs and doesn't crash when you edit that, just his monster file in the database.

I have heavily modified Surtr lol

EDIT: Yeah, I am stealing the bossconversionimmunity since it has 3 levels for difficulties. That means removing it from a million other files, but no problem lol
« Last Edit: 06 May 2021, 01:58:57 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mountainblade

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #46 on: 06 May 2021, 04:10:17 »
Ha ha, just spent the last hour changing the XP Potion to "Steamed Ham" complete with icons and buttons:

When you use it, Superintendent Chalmers yells "Good Lord what is happening in there?!"

Zeus's lightning?!? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your monster camp!?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: 06 May 2021, 04:19:22 »
Ha ha, just spent the last hour changing the XP Potion to "Steamed Ham" complete with icons and buttons:

When you use it, Superintendent Chalmers yells "Good Lord what is happening in there?!"

Zeus's lightning?!? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your monster camp!?

Yes.

SEYMOUR! THE LIBRARY OF ALEXANDRIA IS ON FIRE!
« Last Edit: 06 May 2021, 04:31:43 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: 06 May 2021, 09:45:11 »
Ive been thinking of this during last night.

What if you create a "new Typhon" using the monster template, since the statues mechanics are gone, maybe it could trick the crashes ?
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: 06 May 2021, 14:44:04 »
Yeah, I've thought about this as well.

I wonder how far you would have to go as far as replacement.

Would you have to replace the statues in the map? What quest file would you have to use to open the portal to Rhodes? etc.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: 06 May 2021, 20:16:33 »
Wanted to showcase some of the new cast animations (well, not NEW new, just with added effects for different masteries).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: 07 May 2021, 05:44:12 »
SO since, as you can see from the last video, I have come across the dreaded slow-cast bug again....I decided to do SOMETHING about it. I know the bug is in the game engine, but since there's nothing I can do about that I decided to try to work with what I have.

My idea of the bug is this: the PC file has the spell cast speed set to 2.8. I thought, what if the bug is of the nature that it bypasses the PC file and gets the speed data right from the animation table speed for that animation? No better answers are coming my way, so I started from that assumption.

I took the time today and set the PC cast and attack speeds both to 1. Then I went through all the player animations and calculated the speed combining the old PC file speed * the animation table speed. So for example, buff self in the animation table was set to 0.7 so I set it to 1.96 (0.7 * 2.8) .

So far everything is going okay. I will continue to test as some special attack animations are not easy to determine if they were using the attack speed multiplier of 0.74 or the spell cast speed multiplier of 2.8. I've made my best guess based on the templates of the skills I know for certain use those special animations.

Is there a reason that the PC file had these multipliers I am not familiar with that solves problems I've never had because that was a solution for them? I dunno, maybe....guess I will find out the hard way lol

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: 07 May 2021, 22:28:17 »
Wanted to showcase some of the new cast animations (well, not NEW new, just with added effects for different masteries).

Lovelyy!

So nice you add new creeps into that area, it truely deserve it!

Those Basilisk really hit alot in mellee ! If you get hit by their petrify gaze, and if you dont have any body blocker around,  you are done , even when if you have medium defense. Same with the Salamanders/Giant lobster.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2021, 22:30:35 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #53 on: 07 May 2021, 23:18:37 »
So, you used a set of dedicated (hidden) affixes for those Gaian items, so that they get a bonus to more than 2 skills, huh ?
Staves anim FX are worth it.
Oh, and traps are deadly
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: 07 May 2021, 23:32:00 »
So, you used a set of dedicated (hidden) affixes for those Gaian items, so that they get a bonus to more than 2 skills, huh ?
Yes. I have an entire system dedicated to adding +1 - +4 of all player skills as a suffix. It is quite the nightmare of huge numbers of files and directories, I can see why the devs didn't do it where Diablo 2 was famous for it. I remember shopping for +skills affixes in Diablo 2 for hours lol.

So it does sacrifice the vanilla generated staff suffixes for a skill, so you can't get "of Fire" or anything on those staves. On the other hand, you can pick up a ring with +2 to summons skills in early Greece though.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: 08 May 2021, 01:12:59 »
Added Formicid Egg Clutch monster generators.

The tricky part is getting the timing just right in the skill config so the spawns keep coming.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Quatro3

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #56 on: 08 May 2021, 12:43:45 »
Super tak w gromadzie, jest potega.
« Last Edit: 19 May 2021, 13:16:58 by efko »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: 19 May 2021, 03:42:45 »
So I finally realized what I wasn't enjoying about the Rogue mastery.

Munderbunny's Overlord mod and the mods built on that created this whole dark "Occult" mastery, and that's great. But I always thought it was too dark for TQ for my taste, no offense, and I would rather play a Rogue with mechanical expertise as the focus.

Already have Disarm Traps and I want to put traps back into the tree. Poison bombs, caltrops. So I created an Automatoi summon skill using the Mimerdrone mesh for now. Still needs some kind of work on the look.

What is fun so far is their basic skill set. They punch barehanded for their basic attack, but they have three melee skills where I created and animation for each that attaches a prop.

So there's the spinning skill and the skill config attaches an oversized sword just for the duration of the skill. A double x slash that uses an axe in the right hand then swaps for an axe in the left on the back swing. Then I used the takedown animation and added an oversized spear prop. I was giggling to myself thinking about a cartoon my kids watched called "Inspector Gadget". Go go Gadget Axe! lol

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: 20 May 2021, 22:29:07 »
Killbots Are Go!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: 21 May 2021, 19:43:12 »
Downloaded the public beta today as I was feeling optimistic and ready to work.

My custom teleport map has to be redone. Extracting the database now to get the new teleportmap.dbr file.

Monsters with a particle effect attached via the mesh have the particle effect highlighted as part of the new targeting shader. e.g. Plague Birds.

I took their passive buff that does poison damage, turned it into a buff-self  toggled skill, placed the original mesh particle effect into a CharFX template effect file (like the one used for Storm Nimbus or Envenom Weapon) and instead of setting the attach point to "R Hand" I set the attach point to "Target". Changed their mesh to plain carrionbird.msh and viola. No highlight on the effect but it still appears and they do no more or less poison damage.

I will do the same thing to other monsters with this issue as I play along.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal