Author Topic: Is there a better art manager?  (Read 4847 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -1
Is there a better art manager?
« on: 04 August 2019, 22:07:07 »
The 1.6 version works "ok". i have noticed it doesnt always keep the changes i make when i compile the dbr's. i.e. i make changes, compile, art manager shows that i made the changes, the files in the .arz don't.
My mods and some other mods

https://mega.nz/#F!v5tGhawJ!BeMd_SSWpWZAeG4h3F2YFg

ATTENTION! .arz must be the same name as the name of the mod. i.e. custommaps --> DropSounds + Massbosses + Mis are epic + affixes are common

Database needs to have that long name (or change folder name)

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Is there a better art manager?
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2019, 23:32:07 »
so i tried using an excel macro to modify some values, and it worked, but now when i try to open the file in art manager it asks me to pick a template and then it deletes all of the values within the file.

if i just try to build i get all kinds of errors saying the files have no template.

i REALLY hate editing thousands of files in art manager. is there anyone with experience doing this in a less cumbersome way?

ATTENTION! .arz must be the same name as the name of the mod. i.e. custommaps --> DropSounds + Massbosses + Mis are epic + affixes are common

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2019, 00:25:45 »
ok, i figured it out.

apparently artmanager doesnt like excel which is weird since all the values are in CELLS!

anyway, i made a macro to loop through all the folders and make the changes i needed. i'll post a how to if anyone cares.

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2019, 02:36:24 »
Sounds like something that would be useful to me at some point and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline treborx555

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2019, 09:12:44 »
I made a unity based modding tool that can easily automate things, i think you'd want this.

https://github.com/RobertSkalko/Grim-Dawn-Modding-Tool

(i really need to rename it)

Basically, you click open folder, put all game records in the records folder (make sure you dont copy the records path too so it doesnt look like "records/records/.."
Then copy mod records over the game one's in case you want to modify the mod too.

Go to unity, open project, and create a new c# script, extend from ToolButton.

Now just look at how i did my other tools. Just set the filepath and object predicates. Like if you're sure all the items are under an "item" folder, this means it would eliminate 90% of files and make it that much faster.

TQObject is the .dbr file loaded with it's contents inside a dictionary, it also has the filepath variable. It contains a lot of helper methods.

You just need 2 methods btw, GetAllObjectsInRecordsPath, and WriteToOutput.

getobjects by default uses your class's predicates and the default records location.

Oh right, you override Action(). That's what happens when you click the button in the program.

So, you click button > loops over all the files > checks file path predicate > loads the object > checks object predicate > adds to list > you modify the list > you output the whole list or make a new one and output that.

Besides not having to manually edit thousands of files and write complicated regexes. You can also update your mods in just a button click + add these modifications to any mod that exists. Say you want diablo immortal mod. But you also want legendaries to drop with affixes. Well just extract the diablo mod after the game records and click a button! Then just compile it with art manager. (if you just merged a mod with legendary affixes and the diablo mod, there'd be conflicts and the new diablo items wouldnt drop with affixes, but with my method, everything would work)
« Last Edit: 10 August 2019, 09:16:46 by treborx555 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2019, 14:43:25 »
omg, Unity is free isnt it? why didnt i think of something like this?

you are amazing! thanks!

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline treborx555

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #6 on: 10 August 2019, 14:52:25 »
Yup, np! I thought of making it as command line only but i don't know how i'd make it so it can take any extra c# code in files added by users (the only reason i'd switch to command line is to allow others to add scripts without installing a new program like unity)

I assume it could be done with python, but i hate python

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 10 August 2019, 17:24:52 »
This is very fascinating. I can't wait until I have the time to explore this program more and get your tools working (I'm at a loss as to how to get it working), I've never used it before.

Anyway, I think you just opened a whole new world for me...

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lucifer2912

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +8
« Reply #8 on: 26 November 2023, 14:10:05 »
I made a unity based modding tool that can easily automate things, i think you'd want this.

https://github.com/RobertSkalko/Grim-Dawn-Modding-Tool

(i really need to rename it)

Basically, you click open folder, put all game records in the records folder (make sure you dont copy the records path too so it doesnt look like "records/records/.."
Then copy mod records over the game one's in case you want to modify the mod too.

Go to unity, open project, and create a new c# script, extend from ToolButton.

Now just look at how i did my other tools. Just set the filepath and object predicates. Like if you're sure all the items are under an "item" folder, this means it would eliminate 90% of files and make it that much faster.

TQObject is the .dbr file loaded with it's contents inside a dictionary, it also has the filepath variable. It contains a lot of helper methods.

You just need 2 methods btw, GetAllObjectsInRecordsPath, and WriteToOutput.

getobjects by default uses your class's predicates and the default records location.

Oh right, you override Action(). That's what happens when you click the button in the program.

So, you click button > loops over all the files > checks file path predicate > loads the object > checks object predicate > adds to list > you modify the list > you output the whole list or make a new one and output that.

Besides not having to manually edit thousands of files and write complicated regexes. You can also update your mods in just a button click + add these modifications to any mod that exists. Say you want diablo immortal mod. But you also want legendaries to drop with affixes. Well just extract the diablo mod after the game records and click a button! Then just compile it with art manager. (if you just merged a mod with legendary affixes and the diablo mod, there'd be conflicts and the new diablo items wouldnt drop with affixes, but with my method, everything would work)

Is there an .exe file that can run for Windows? Or can there be a short video tutorial to help me?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal