Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition > Modifications

Grant skill Dual Wield to Rogue

(1/2) > >>

Shade1982:
Hey all,

I'm creating a new item set based on the ninja gear, but I'm having some issues with getting it to be able to dual wield the katana and sai.

I've created an artifact that should (in theory) grant the warfare skill Dual Wield. I've tried setting 'records\skills\warfare\dualweapontraining.dbr' both under 'itemSkillName' and 'augmentSkillName1', but it's not letting the character wield both at all. Both are swords, which should work according to the original dual wield dbr.

What am I missing here? I've looked everywhere, but can't find the problem...

Regards,

Shade

Shade1982:
That's a little... disappointing. A week and over a 100 views and nobody knows the answer...

nargil66:
Hey, to answer your question - Dual wield is not possible to add through an item skill. I think it was possible pre-AE, but not anymore. That's the reason Eihenjar's Fate granted skill (Reckless Offence) is not activating.

Shade1982:
Ooooh, that is really a bummer. Thank you for that answer anyway, now I know I have to change my rogue set completely.

lixiss:

--- Quote from: Shade1982 on 03 January 2022, 12:13:45 ---I've created an artifact that should (in theory) grant the warfare skill Dual Wield. I've tried setting 'records\skills\warfare\dualweapontraining.dbr' both under 'itemSkillName' and 'augmentSkillName1', but it's not letting the character wield both at all. Both are swords, which should work according to the original dual wield dbr.

--- End quote ---

augmentSkillNameX is for augmenting existing skills. itemSkillName matches with `itemSkillLevel` property. Assigning itemSkillName to something and did not give skill level (via itemSkillLevel) - is like not assigning skill level at all. There is nothing with AE or IT era.

PS: However there is might be differenced, issue, as it described highly incomplete. This looks like it can't work just at start because you did not assign required properties.

PPS: I'm almost quit of there (due to other things to need to care in real life). I'm might suggest: whenever you want to do some thing - look how similar thing already done in game. That's actually easily. Unpack whole database and use raw search. Use map editor when it you really need. Etc. There is lot of way to gather information. Info really scattered over many sources, including not available sourced today (shutdown sites, dead urls). Mine sources - completely self-learned, for example and i'm have enough dev background to understand many unlogical things bit more easily. But there is another story (because they unlogical - this actually did not make me better). I'm still before reply done quick-recheck over files, rather than game-test. Game test requires lot more time, so i'm let do it for topic starter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version